Spore

Posted by Klarth

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8372603330420559198&q=spore

Is anyone else excited about this?

Seems a bit reminiscent of Black & White in places, but for the first time in a while Will Wright seems to have got the gameplay formula right as far as dedicated gamers go... The art-style's very cool, too.

Posted by Lord of Spam

That is going to be the best game ever made. I will buy it the first day it is out, and then upgrade my computer/buy a new one if I have to in order to play it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I fully agree with LoS. The game looks AMAZING. The concept may not be original, but I'm sure that won't matter in the end, since it'll do it better than any other game. Can't wait.

Posted by Big Boss

Well, it's a Will Wright game. Dave Arneson himself talks about him like he's a God, and that holding an industry conversation with him for a minute is a feat in itself. I haven't checked out Spore myself, even though a lot of people have told me to look it up. It's a safe bet to know it'll be an interesting game to play, though, only because of Wright.

Posted by Roger Smith

I'm really excited about this. I've had my eye on it for a while and I will definatly get it when it hits the shelves.

Posted by brownoystercult

..best game ever?

Isn't that a little..ah nevermind, looks like fun anyways.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

That game looks amazing.

Posted by Speedfreak

I'm not a gigantic fan of "sandbox" type games, but I will be getting thins purely because it's doing something that every game should be doing. Developers should be using procedural code a lot more than they are right now.

Posted by Axis

Definitely going to buy this. In fact, I watched that same video Friday night with some friends and we all got really excited about it.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Yeah, the bit that really excited me was the procedural code. That level of customisation is simply stunning - as was the sheer scope of the thing - amoeba to sentient form, cellular level to universe. Incredible.

Posted by JonMB

I don't think I will purchase it, but I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out. It's very innovative and should help push the gaming industry towards more interesting games.

Posted by Keael

The game does look really good, but there's no chance in hell my computer could handle it. If it comes out for next gen system I will definately pick it up.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Looks excellent. I'll definitely be picking this up shortly after release.