Slim Line PS2 problem

Posted by Crazy K

Ok today my dad came home from work and brought along one of his co-workers kids Slim Line PS2. Now I thought at first it was going to be the Disc Read Error, but the problem is that when you plug in the Slim PS2 it shows that its on (red light). Well I click on reset to make the system go, and it goes green for a second then goes right back to red.

Now im not sure what the problem may be, so any info would be greatly apreciated.

Posted by Exalbaru

I think my friend, Daniel, had the same problem. I'll call him if you just tell me if it has any other errors on it or affects gameplay

Posted by Crazy K

Well it won't turn on. I push the reset button and all it does is go to green for one second, then goes right to red again. I took the PSTwo apart twice already and I think it has something to do with the thing that holds the thing for the lens. But I'll hopefully be able to fix it somehow.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Crazy K: I took the PSTwo apart twice already

Theres your problem right there, most likely.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Lord Of Spam]Theres your problem right there, most likely.

No, it was like that before I took it apart. Someone from my dads work wanted me to fix it for her kid, but when I got it to fix I noticed that it had already been open.

But I did try to fix it. Any idea what could be wrong? or any idea how I could fix this problem?

Posted by Decado

from my experience building PCs, it sound like something along the route of the power switch connector to joining the PSU isn't functioning like it should.