Article: Best Console Ever

Posted by Klarth

http://www.xyzcomputing.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=415

Give it a read - I found it thoroughly interesting. And I agree with the whole thing.

Posted by Zeta

Truer words have never been spoken. SNES is the king.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

SNES= <3

Posted by JonMB

Great article. The SNES is the one system I would choose if I could only have one. I'm not surprised that many people feel the same as me.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

My pick would be Snes or Genesis for all-time best. Tough decision though, because I love both.

Posted by Xenos

SNES. I think during this time, games were the most creative and people seemed to actually put more thought into it then most today ... maybe it's due to the fact that videogames are more commercialized so people don't really care anymore. They just recycle old **** that's been known to work. At least in RPGs I've played for the PS2.

Posted by Destructoid

Totally. Some of my fondest gamer memories are on this console, and even by today's standards the SNES library of games looks so CLEAN - those were really well designed games and that joystick was amazing - the inversed button emboss was subtle genius. I was one of the unfortunate early adopters who's console TURNED YELLOW though :( I still play UN Squadron on a regular basis.

Interesting fact I'm not sure most people are aware of - there are 2 plastic pegs inside the loader slot that prevents you from physically loading Super Famicom imports. If you break those pegs off (use a wrench) you can play imports just fine. I have Super Mario World and Dracula X in Famicom, and unfortunately nothing is different other than the title screens but they look so freakin COOL. We got jipped on some nice cover art here in the states.

Posted by juliebriggs

snes was my first system. my friend brought one to my house on a rainy saturday when i was 14 and we played Zelda all day. then the next day was sunny, so we walked to the video store and rented super mario rpg... *** i miss my childhood

Posted by Destructoid

That sounds a lot like my teenage years :) How sw33t is that Dark World background music in Zelda 3... I could hear that all day!!

You might enjoy this:
http://www.ocremix.org/game/zelda3/
(I recommend DarkWorld Jazz, will make your head explode with nostalgia)

Posted by juliebriggs

lol. i downloaded a good 2gb of music from ocremix a couple months ago. all the ff6 music, all the zelda music, donkey kong country, mario rpg. the best one imo is shadows theme from ff6.

Posted by Arczu

SNES... boy that was the absolute best times my brother/sisters had. We nearly always played multiplayers games, and when we weren't we would watch eachother to give tips, advice and figure things out. Man that was fun. Mario Kart battle, that was SO MUCH fun.

I would have to agree. What is better than the SNES when it came out? Just so great.

Posted by Xenos

Quoting juliebriggs: lol. i downloaded a good 2gb of music from ocremix a couple months ago. all the ff6 music, all the zelda music, donkey kong country, mario rpg. the best one imo is shadows theme from ff6.

I thought the overworld/Terra theme was one of the most memorable songs ever. :(

Posted by Desperado

The super nes was definitely the best system of em all. It was all about 2 things...Gaming and Art. It was that main toy that made ppl realize that even though a console culd be advanced, it still had 2 stay true 2 the art. Thats exactly wat nintendo did wit the super nes. It took that gr8 funfactor set by the original NES but with super powers instead of just oridinary powers.

Posted by Roger Smith

Sometimes you just don't realize how lucky you are to have grown up in the SNES era...it just makes you wanna weep tears of happiness!

Posted by Desperado

Quoting Roger Smith: Sometimes you just don't realize how lucky you are to have grown up in the SNES era...it just makes you wanna weep tears of happiness!

Word up. It went beyond our imaginations.

Posted by brownoystercult

i started in the playstation 1 era. :'(

i wanna get my hands on an snes though. i've never played one!

Posted by Arczu

You can find em CHEEAP in pawn shops if you find em'.

Or go crazy and try to ebay it...

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting Roinkz: i started in the playstation 1 era. :'(

i wanna get my hands on an snes though. i've never played one!

Wait... What? That is... Amazingly unbeleivable. Wow, didn't think I'd ever hear that.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Definitely agreed. I don't really care about most of the new systems, and I find myself more drawn to the classic 2D action that's been resurrected on the handhelds, then to the 3D action on home systems.