My Girlfriend And I Broke Up.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I just needed to vent a little since no one else is around. So, the story is like so; she and I have been going out for 5 months (and a week, today), and I've been noticing that she's been a little busy lately. Can't talk as much. It's okay though, no big deal. I just miss talking. Anyway, I noticed that she was acting a little off in our conversations lately too, like not responding as fast on AIM, seeming a little....far off when together. I anticipated that something was really wrong, so we started talking about it today when she came over. I found out that she wasn't ready for a long, long term relationship because she didn't know what her future was going to hold for her at this time. So, we're now taking a break. She still likes me, and I still completely like her. So I'm hoping in the future that we can get back together. I see the logic behind what she is saying, but I'm guessing that it's the emotions behind it that make me so fast to not understand. Needless to say, there was both alot of crying today from us being together. Saying goodbye for a little while hurts.

So there's today's rant. Comments? Help me feel better, and see the light.

Posted by The Judge

I'm already telling you, right now, on AIM, about my current, more drastic, far more painful situation involving my rectum.

Quoting The Judge: I'm already telling you, right now, on AIM, about my current, more drastic, far more painful situation involving my rectum.

You are my hero.

Posted by Dexter

If you love this girl, you must understand that you have to be incredibly careful during this transition. Try to show her that you guys can date without getting so serious as to scare her away. Try to limit words such as "love" for they can be dreadfully daunting words to the weakness of the uncommitted or young. Usually during these times, the boy or girl learns that life is fine without having the other around. Don't give her the opportunity to realize that. This is when you must act your best. Become cooler, more responsible, and remember the other girls in your life. Show her that you aren't dull and nobody will be able to triumph over the relationship you guys once held, even if they can. Talk friendly with her, but leave out anything that has to do with your old relationship. She could possibly start to miss that talk, which adds more of a chance of her wanting to get back into it. And remember, I never told you any of this. It's all you. You're the man!

Oh my god, Dex. That was incredibly good advice!

You offically rock.

Posted by Demonblade

Be awefully weary man, my last girlfriend started acting that way...and well...once i found out her and my best friend of 11 years got together the night after one of these "breaks"...well, nedless to say he found a 3 foot, ninja style katana imbedded in his wooden deck that next morning.

Always true. But she would be honest enough to tell me if there was someone else.

I asked, don't worry.

Posted by Demonblade

Thats cool man, hope everything works out for the best for you. Perhaps all she needs is a little breathing room, who knows buddy.

That's what I'm totally hoping for.

Breathing room for like.....not long.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Well...I hope everything works out for you two :D

Thank you

Posted by Demonblade

if i may ask..how old is your girlfriend?

Posted by G-Sides

Odd questions above me.
Blargh.

Well, at least you know where you stand with your girlfriend. I don't even know what the hell me and my love are anymore.

Love can be hella confusing.

Mm. Scary

And she's 16, 4 days older than me

Posted by Demonblade

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: Mm. Scary

And she's 16, 4 days older than me

yeah...definately a volatile age man, can change their minds every other second. Sad thing is...things dont get much better even when you twenty.

Like i said before...wish the best for you man...good luck buddy.

Posted by Dexter

Soon she'll be crying because she'll feel bad for ever doing such a thing to do, Velvet.

No tears. Unless happyones from making up :)

Posted by KuraiKitsune

Wow... all this stress is why I stay away from relationships. ^_^

I hope it turns out well, though. (I personally can't stand the drama. x.x)

Posted by Raptor

This was important enough to capitalise every word in the subject line, wasn't it?

If a girl agrees or proposes that both of you should "take a break" from each other, more than likely she probably just wants to take advantage of it to bang someone else and you'll have no one to ****. But whatever, girls are never worth it as far as I'm concerned. They make decent waitresses and are good at folding clothes and such, but not for getting involved with.

Quoting Demonblade: ...well, nedless to say he found a 3 foot, ninja style katana imbedded in his wooden deck that next morning.

...That's pathetic.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: I just needed to vent a little since no one else is around. So, the story is like so; she and I have been going out for 5 months (and a week, today), and I've been noticing that she's been a little busy lately. Can't talk as much. It's okay though, no big deal. I just miss talking. Anyway, I noticed that she was acting a little off in our conversations lately too, like not responding as fast on AIM, seeming a little....far off when together. I anticipated that something was really wrong, so we started talking about it today when she came over. I found out that she wasn't ready for a long, long term relationship because she didn't know what her future was going to hold for her at this time. So, we're now taking a break. She still likes me, and I still completely like her. So I'm hoping in the future that we can get back together. I see the logic behind what she is saying, but I'm guessing that it's the emotions behind it that make me so fast to not understand. Needless to say, there was both alot of crying today from us being together. Saying goodbye for a little while hurts.

So there's today's rant. Comments? Help me feel better, and see the light.

Taking a break is womanese for "I met another guy, and I want to test him out to see if he is better than you, but I will keep you as a backup just in case he doesn't work out". Any relationship that needs a "break" is dead.

Posted by Fate

Coming from a girl, it's not a good sign if the female initiates the breakup.

She probably thinks differently of you now that all this time passed. She probably found out things about you that aren't immediately recognizable. In other words, she doesn't suit your personality. You're young. Find someone else. Remember that you are the better.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

16? Girls suck at that age. Like someone said, they change their mind too quickly. Their too involved one minute and don't care the next. Just wait it out until you hit 18-20. Then find a girl.

Posted by Demonblade

Quoting Raptor:

...That's pathetic.

Im not going to try and refute that statement soley due to the fact that you have A perfect circle lyrics in you signiture.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Taking a break was mentioned to me like a month before I got dumped.

Not trying to scare you, I'm jsut sayin'. **** happens. Besides, like some others have said, 16 year old girls dont know what they want. You're better off just screwing around until you're a few years older. Litteraly or figuratively, your call;)

[quote]But whatever, girls are never worth it as far as I'm concerned.

We should all totaly just fux wolves, amirite?

Edit: I bet 5 bucks that Demon blade is full of ****. And even if he isnt, thats retarded. You gave him a sword? OH NOES YOU SURE SHOWED HIM.

Posted by Demonblade

Quoting Lord of Spam:
Edit: I bet 5 bucks that Demon blade is full of ****. And even if he isnt, thats retarded. You gave him a sword? OH NOES YOU SURE SHOWED HIM.

Actually no, seeing how retarded it was that i imbedded my katana that cost 130 bucks in someone elses porch...i had my friend andy go over there and get it. Its sitting in my room back at my parents house. If i ever get it shipped here ill take a picture of it if you really want proof.

..and yes, ive come to terms with the fact that it was most likely the most retarded thing ive done in many years, but hey...i was a foolish and ignorant 16 year old, i was a much different person back then.

Posted by Klarth

I slash you with my level nine DEMONBLADE.

Posted by Demonblade

hahaha, i saw that one coming. Too bad mine is level 256.... :0

Quoted post: If i ever get it shipped here ill take a picture of it if you really want proof.

Proof is needed.

Posted by Shade

Yeah, I'm gonna need some pics.

By the way, what's it's length?

Quoted post: By the way, what's it's length?

Quoted post: ...well, nedless to say he found a 3 foot, ninja style katana imbedded in his wooden deck that next morning.

Posted by Shade

Oh, thanks.

That's not even a full sized katana, closer to a wakizashi.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Dexter: If you love this girl, you must understand that you have to be incredibly careful during this transition. Try to show her that you guys can date without getting so serious as to scare her away. Try to limit words such as "love" for they can be dreadfully daunting words to the weakness of the uncommitted or young. Usually during these times, the boy or girl learns that life is fine without having the other around. Don't give her the opportunity to realize that. This is when you must act your best. Become cooler, more responsible, and remember the other girls in your life. Show her that you aren't dull and nobody will be able to triumph over the relationship you guys once held, even if they can. Talk friendly with her, but leave out anything that has to do with your old relationship. She could possibly start to miss that talk, which adds more of a chance of her wanting to get back into it. And remember, I never told you any of this. It's all you. You're the man!

.......You've been rubbing elbows with Dr. Phil haven't you?:)

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Shade: Oh, thanks.

That's not even a full sized katana, closer to a wakizashi.

...despite the fact that he said ninja-style, indicating a straight blade, making it a ninja-to.

Posted by Lord of Spam

This thread needs less weeaboo.

Velvy, you might just be better off writing her off. :/ Girls that young generally like to drift around from guy to guy.

Quoted post: ...despite the fact that he said ninja-style, indicating a straight blade, making it a ninja-to.

Quoted post: Actually no, seeing how retarded it was that i imbedded my katana

Posted by Ant

Wow, way to add to the conversation Vamp.

Velvet, just ****ing dump her. Or don't, maybe you can **** her if you're lucky!

Quoted post: Wow, way to add to the conversation Vamp.

Quoted post: 16? Girls suck at that age. Like someone said, they change their mind too quickly. Their too involved one minute and don't care the next. Just wait it out until you hit 18-20. Then find a girl.

Posted by Klarth

post count plus one

I'll start off by talking about what I did today, then move on to replying to everyone. If you don't want a journal-type entry, move along.

I was woken up at about 6:45 to get ready for school, and sadly I had had one of the worst night's sleep that I have ever had. I kept waking up, and was in a constant state of terror. It wasn't pleasent to say the least. At any rate, my stomach was completely shot, and hurt even to move. Perhaps it isn't the best idea to absolutely sob yourself to sleep. I can deal with being called names because of that, but it hurt incredibly bad to be in this situation.

I recalled that I had a math test today, and that I wasn't that prepared for it at all. I decided to troop to school anyway. Got picked up at 7:30, and my friend who normally talks to me the entire two miles to school only asked me when I got in whether we had odd or even classes, then didn't speak a word.

This situation has made me think so strangely about things. Normally I don't notice things like flags flapping, how the streets are drawn out, the color of buildings. It reminds me of Eternal Sunshire of the Spotless Mind - sand is overrated; it's just a bunch of little rocks.

It rained all day too, which was bittersweet. I love the rain, but it brings back memories of her, which hurt. Everything....just hurts. We got to school, got out, and I trudged alone over to where we normally hang out. She does independant study, so she wasn't there today, and wouldn't be until recess, and then lunch for her ROP classes, which she has on odd days. I couldn't lift my head up to face the people around me, so as I got to the area where we all hang out, I just moved on, as the warning bell rang. Moved my way to class, and was the first person in the room - which is bizzare considering that I've never been on time to that class before, minus a few days here and there. The girl who sits in front of me is an otaku that I would normally categorize as being "glomp-happy" or something like that, kept trying to talk to me, but I couldn't open my mouth other than to tell her "I'm hurting," in response to "What's up?"

Finished my test, and just knew that I couldn't go on with the rest of the day, I was feeling so dismal and gloomy. I sent my mother a text message and told her that I would need her to come get me as soon as recess ended, because I knew that I couldn't complete the day, not only because I knew that I would be faced with my friends, but because I knew that I would have to see her at some point. I left for recess, and simply stood leaning against a metal pole. A friend of mine in a similar situation, but a girl, came up and gave me a long hug, and tried to make me feel better. One of my best friends is that guy that did this to her, and one of her best friends is the girl that did this to me. Kind of odd. Once all of my friends came out of class though, I couldn't even look at them. My hair was in my face, I was looking down, looked horrible, and then finally one of them had the courage to say "Man, you look really depressed....did you break up with _?" I just looked down and felt like I was going to cry again, and nodded. He said that he felt bad, but knew that nothing he could do could console me, but I took to heart what he said; it was kind. She never did show up for break, so I'm guessing that she just went right to her class when she got to school, which doesn't suprise me too much. I can't blame her, I understand that she didn't want to come out, but I wanted some kind of affermation, a look, a wave, some talking, something. But I was told maybe I should wait a day or two to talk. Let her initiate something, since I typically have done that lately. I left at 9:50, said nothing to my friends, got in the car, and went home. I didn't plan on getting on my computers, but I wanted to talk to everyone briefly.

Moving on to replies,

Quoting ///Phantom]Taking a break is womanese for "I met another guy, and I want to test him out to see if he is better than you, but I will keep you as a backup just in case he doesn't work out". Any relationship that needs a "break" is dead.

I'm guessing that there isn't anyone else. I mean, she's incredibly honest, and I think that if there was in fact someone else, that she would at least have the integrity to tell me. I've said it a few times, but this isn't any old girl. She's different from anyone I've ever met, which is why I'm pursuing this.

Quoting Fate: Coming from a girl, it's not a good sign if the female initiates the breakup.

She probably thinks differently of you now that all this time passed. She probably found out things about you that aren't immediately recognizable. In other words, she doesn't suit your personality. You're young. Find someone else. Remember that you are the better.

That, in all likelyhood, is a possibility. I know that I have flaws...but something that I noticed is that she had a few incorrect thoughts on things that I wanted. Children for example - she thought that I despised all children, and would only want one or two. I wasn't until a few days ago that I explained to her my thoughts - that I truly don't have any problem with children, just as long as I can provide adequetly for them. She would make a tremendously wonderful mother, and that's why I was rather saddened that I hadn't taken the time to explain this to her. Same goes for school. She was under the impression that I was set on one goal, one school, and that I would have to go there. She wasn't so sure if she wanted to go there, or if she wanted to do something else, like law, which I completely support, seeing what a stunning job she did on the school's mock trial team. Getting back to the point, her struggle is that she wants to make sure that she wants to go to art school without me being the main cause, which I do understand, but she didn't know that I have a whole bunch of ideas and thoughts on future careers, not to mention colleges, and the majority of the things that I want to do could be moved around her plans too, to work with them. She doesn't want to see me flushing my dreams down the drain, but she doesn't want to do the same either. After I told her this yesterday, it seemed to hit something, like she really started to get it, which gave me some hope. Another bit of struggle that she had which contributed to the reason that she wants a break is the need to get her grades up. Because she had her mock trial competition, her grades slipped quite low, and she's looking to get them up. This contributes to the reason that she feels that she is hurting me by not being able to talk to me so much, but seeing as we only talk online, that's partially my fault for having such an immense, irrational phobia of talking on the phone, of which I'm repairing. Quite an odd phobia, no?

Quoting Vampiro: 16? Girls suck at that age. Like someone said, they change their mind too quickly. Their too involved one minute and don't care the next. Just wait it out until you hit 18-20. Then find a girl.

Mm, most are upsetting, but she really doesn't act like a typical 16 year old. Too smart, too....above most people in thoughts. She could be out there now and function perfectly if the need was thus.

As far as waiting though, it's rather hard. I too...well, don't act as a normal 16 year old. Being compared to alot of my friends, I am the one that most of them come to for advice, the one who has been employed at the same job for three years, and the one who is actively planning his future. While this may not affect the situation quite that much, it is a thought to add.

It's just hard to be alone. I was for so long, but after learning how happy you can be with someone else, it's hard to go back to that loneliness once again.

Quoting Lord of Spam: This thread needs less weeaboo.

Velvy, you might just be better off writing her off. :/ Girls that young generally like to drift around from guy to guy.

I wish it were that easy, but I've grown far too attached to let her go so easily. I'm going to try and maintain a bright outlook, even though it seems fraught with bad things. In a month, on what would be our six month anniversery, I am supposed to ask her what she has thought about, and more or less see if she is ready for anything again. I'll wait till then, and if the outlook is cheery, then by all means, everything was a success. I must give it time though, and unfortunately, I'm an extremely impatient person. It's hard: Wow, way to add to the conversation Vamp.

Velvet, just ****ing dump her. Or don't, maybe you can **** her if you're lucky!

Not so fast. I'll see where this goes. I really want to believe that there is a big chance of getting back.

Quoted post: Mm, most are upsetting, but she really doesn't act like a typical 16 year old. Too smart, too....above most people in thoughts. She could be out there now and function perfectly if the need was thus.

Not to shove her into a stereotype, but she is still a young girl. No matter how different she seems, she's still not fully mature, nor can grasp and hold a proper relationship at this point in her life.

As for it being to tough to be alone, that's true. But it's better than going through unstable relationships and bad breakups. It's easier to wait out immaturity when all is said and done.

And excuse the possible double post, but I think I have some new ideas. I just realized that I've been acting rather wussy. Perhaps I need to show her that I'm strong, and not such an emotionally weak person, and that I need'nt be so clingy. I should give her some space, and even though I'm hurting, try to understand that she probably is too. Let's see how this works, starting by leaving her just a short message.

Vampy: It's true that she still may not be fully mature, but again, I just have to give it time. I'm bad at that, but I have to at least give it a try. She's so important to me, and I refuse to lose her as a friend. I don't want to lose my girlfriend, and I will not lose her as my best friend, end of story there.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Sometimes people who are intellectually advanced can be the most crippled when it comes to emotions. :/

And dude, trust me. I know where you're coming from. You may have missed it, but I myself made one of these threads (albeit under slightly different circumstances). Its gonna suck, and theres not much you can do to change it. Just work through it by keeping yourself occupied. Hang out with friends, play video games, jsut do whatever. If you come across something that reminds you of her, just think about why and try to not let it bother you. The longer it goes on, the easier it gets.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Demonblade: Im not going to try and refute that statement soley due to the fact that you have A perfect circle lyrics in you signiture.

Explain.

Quoting Lord of Spam: Sometimes people who are intellectually advanced can be the most crippled when it comes to emotions. :/

And dude, trust me. I know where you're coming from. You may have missed it, but I myself made one of these threads (albeit under slightly different circumstances). Its gonna suck, and theres not much you can do to change it. Just work through it by keeping yourself occupied. Hang out with friends, play video games, jsut do whatever. If you come across something that reminds you of her, just think about why and try to not let it bother you. The longer it goes on, the easier it gets.

Letting go is hard.

And especially if you know that it really might not even be over yet.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I suggest alcohol.

And hookers. Lots and lots of Asian hookers.

Posted by Shade

But asian hookers are the least hot of all hookers.

White all the way.

Quoted post: But asian hookers are the least hot of all hookers.

Cheap, crazy, and experienced.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I was being serious:(

Quoting Shade: But asian hookers are the least hot of all hookers.

I have a lot of friends that would like to kill you for saying that ;)

Hey people?

She just asked me to be her boyfriend again

After a long talk of me telling her things that I felt, and showing her how i really felt, she totally wants to be back together.

I love you all very much. But we're back together, thank you all. I've never had such a strong support from anyone before, and I find it amazing that it was everyone here...so thank you, I can tell you how much you all helped me.

So ends this....close and lock

And thank you :-*

Posted by Axis

Haha, good deal man.

Posted by Raptor

You're welcome.

Next time she decides to torture you again, which will most likely be very soon, you know where to find us. :type:

Posted by Demonblade

Congrats velvelt...glad to hear it.

Oh and all i was saying raptor is that while i agree what i did was "pathetic" i was instinctually inclined to defend myself and my position, but after seeing the a perfect cicle lyrics in your signiture...i felt you were a good enough person to where i did not want to facilitate an arguement...thats all i meant about that.

And yes ladies and gentlemen, while it does violate military dormroom codes, ill have my parents ship my katana along with my assorted collection of daggers and wakazashi's to me...hell, a knife cant be much worse than a paintball gun, and ive had that in here for 3 inspections now. BTW, i apoligize for calling my ninja style 'straight blade' katana...a katana...but once i get the pictures...it should eliminate any confusion...which in turn should create much mocking and harrassment of me, if the story i told hasnt already.

lol Velv knows how to woo the ladies. Good job.

Couldn't have done it with out everyone's input though.

Posted by Fate

Good to hear. Don't think this is the last of this. ;)

Posted by Klarth

Three cheers for VN. Glad you got back on the right track. :)

er, /locked thread posts