Ouchies for Sony

Posted by Random

Eh i'm reading an article through CNN and it's talking about possible delays and possible price tag for the PS3.

CNN Writes

"Sony's shares fell as much as 4.4 percent on Monday after Merrill Lynch said in a research note last week that the PS3's launch might be delayed by six to 12 months and the cost of production could initially approach $900 per unit."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/fun.games/02/20/sony.playstation.reut/index.html

Talks about how a Spring launch is unrealistic and compares the Loss sony will have compared to the loss Microsoft will have.

Thats gotta hurt the pocket.

Posted by nich

Thats horrid, but it'll still sell and sony knows it.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Wow, this could really hurt Sony, especially if they lose a whole year to the 360.:/

Posted by Xero

oh well. Bad stuff happens. I'm sure Sony will do something else instead. More sterio systems for examples...or bigger screens ( they are getting ridiculous)

Posted by Speedfreak

Fun fact 1: DS sold more software in January 2006 than PSP did in all of 2005 and 2004. That doesn't take into account December 2005 where DS exceeded PSP's CURRENT total by 216% or the fact more DS hardware has been sold than PSP software.

Fun Fact 2: Not a single PSP game has sold 1 million units in the US. The most any PSP game has sold is 712k, and the game is GTA: LCS.

Fun Fact 3: Due to disappointing UMD sales, film studios including those that are Sony-owned are pulling their UMD support.

PS2 is dying, PSP is dead weight and PS3 won't be making profit for the first 2 years. The entire company is held up by Playstation right now, so what the hell are they going to do until PS3 starts making money!?

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Speedfreak: The entire company is held up by Playstation right now, so what the hell are they going to do until PS3 starts making money!?

Die, hopefully.

Posted by Speedfreak

I want them to be put in their place, most companies like that need it, it did wonders for Nintendo. I don't want the company to die though.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

As usual, I laugh uproariously at sony's misfortune.

Don't worry, Speedfreak. sony won't die. Much like Atari, they'll merely fade into the shadows for awhile before their brand and much of their properties are bought by a French company.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Prince Shondronai:

Don't worry, Speedfreak. sony won't die.

Lol of course it wont die. Sony cannot die. Its doing far to well to close. Where I am, sone pwns with their TVs. No worries. Worse that can happen is the end of the PSP/PS...bad...

Posted by Speedfreak

Sony is not "pwning" anyone with their consumer electronics products. They're retreating from tons of major sectors and getting outsold in the rest.

Posted by Xero

Are they? Ah well then sry. Thanx for keeping me updated speedy.

Posted by Fate

I'm curious, Addy, as to how you came up with your conclusion on how the PS2 is dying. The PS1 didn't run out of gas until a couple of years ago. I highly doubt Sony will abandon the PS2 as soon as the PS3 comes out (because of the price, the buyers may be a bit slow in terms of jumping on the new system).

I seriously worry about the price. It would be much better if my pockets were full. :(

Posted by Random

I feel that I add onto Sonys problems. Not much but I do. Usually in the Electronics department I noticed I steer people away from Sony products. Instead i'd point out RCA/Sylvania/Phillips/JVC over Sony products and game wise I don't normally persuade people to go otherwise but I normally tend to point out what the other consoles have and that sometimes steers people into buying DS's/SP's/Gamecubes/XBox's. I semi feel bad but I don't really care for Sony products. I've had nothing but terrible luck.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: I feel that I add onto Sonys problems. Not much but I do. Usually in the Electronics department I noticed I steer people away from Sony products. Instead i'd point out RCA/Sylvania/Phillips/JVC over Sony products and game wise I don't normally persuade people to go otherwise but I normally tend to point out what the other consoles have and that sometimes steers people into buying DS's/SP's/Gamecubes/XBox's. I semi feel bad but I don't really care for Sony products. I've had nothing but terrible luck.

Hmm, I'm quite the opposite, as far as I can remember I've never had any problems with Sony's product or much of any other products for this matter, but I always take good care of my stuff.

Anywho, I won't listen to all this till Sony themselves say something offical, anaylsts tend to be inaccurate or dead wrong sometimes, so I'm waiting for offical word.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate][COLOR=skyblue]I'm curious, Addy, as to how you came up with your conclusion on how the PS2 is dying. The PS1 didn't run out of gas until a couple of years ago. I highly doubt Sony will abandon the PS2 as soon as the PS3 comes out (because of the price, the buyers may be a bit slow in terms of jumping on the new system).

I seriously worry about the price. It would be much better if my pockets were full. :([/COLOR]

This is true, I should have said PS2 sales are slowing down. Even if Sony won't totally abandon the system it definately won't have the kind of support in the first year of PS3s release that it did in, say, 2004.

Anyway, there's no way in hell they'll die in the 2 years it'll take for PS3 to start making money. Nintendo alone have anough cash to survive 3 or so Dreamcasts or Saturns. I still think the next generation will be the time Sony get a huge shock and start to rethink the way they operate.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I still think the next generation will be the time Sony get a huge shock and start to rethink the way they operate.

I hope so. They're the only one that needs it. MS is getting there, but second place is doing its job so far.

Posted by Speedfreak

Heh, Microsoft are already sh[COLOR=lightgreen]i[/COLOR]tting themselves over Linux. They're trying as much as possible to promote digital distribution, which is about as far from Sony's anti-consumer policy as you can get.

Posted by brownoystercult

In the end, sales will look like this:

1. PS3
2. Xbox 360
3. Revolution

That's pretty final, and there really doesn't need any reasoning.

And okay, maybe I don't know whether the 360 will sell better than the Revolution, but I do know for certain that the Sony will remain on top.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Roinkz]In the end, sales will look like this:

1. PS3
2. Xbox 360
3. Revolution

1,000,001 for PS3, 1,000,000 for 360 and 999,999 for Revolution. Okay then!

Give reasoning, man.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

This is a little off-topic but don't you think it would be cool if Sony stopped with their consoles and sega joined the race? That would be kick ***. Sega needs to create hardware again.

I have way more respect for Sega than Sony.

Posted by Random

Quoting VirtualRealityZone: This is a little off-topic but don't you think it would be cool if Sony stopped with their consoles and sega joined the race? That would be kick ***. Sega needs to create hardware again.

I have way more respect for Sega than Sony.

Of course it would be cool but I doubt it'll ever happen. I remember 2 years ago at E3 Sega said they had a blockbuster announcement. I'm thinking a new console and I was about to wet myself. Then they announced Matrix Online and my sudden joy turned into sudden sadness.

Quoted post: This is a little off-topic but don't you think it would be cool if Sony stopped with their consoles and sega joined the race? That would be kick ***. Sega needs to create hardware again.

Not really. I doubt Sega could make a decent console these days even if they wanted to or could.

Posted by Speedfreak

Unfortunately there's a pretty good reason Sega went software only. That company was run by bigger idiots than Sony is.

Posted by stepharneo

you know what they say believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.
i agree that microsoft learnt there lesson, i mean it didn't take long for them to make a smaller controller for the xbox, they also learned that it is important to get to the shelves first, but maybe they should've had more product to sell for the launch, in the uk the release got pushed back beacause they barely had enough consoles for japan, forget america.
what i hate is that every company has like a built in god complex where they say "oh yeah our console is the best" or where they release footage that is actually just cgi (**** you sony and your false killzone video). i myself am a sony man, but sony, nintendo, microsoft, they're all the same (well except maybe microsoft), when will they learn that pc's are Leet, i mean come on consoles may be revolutionary, but pc's are evolutionary. how can you expect to compete with pc's.
eg1.
Microsoft produce some kick *** graphics engine, some company make a better one for pc's, microsoft aren't exactly gonna change the whole console, it would take a year atleast, but pc companies can just make a new graphics engine and wait for people to need a higher spec, or want to show off the graphics.
eg2.
the ps2 does this and that, can play dvd's, music, go on the internet(sort of), so can a pc. the psp can play movies, music show photo's, so can an ipod. big whoop! it doesn't take much
consoles

Posted by PleaseRecycle

Wow that's not good

Quoted post: what i hate is that every company has like a built in god complex where they say "oh yeah our console is the best"

As opposed to "Yeah... our console's pretty good. Not great, I mean, the PS3 looks to be by far better. But we tried". Obviously they're going to say their product is the best. It's called marketing. No one's going to by something that's clearly worse than it's competition.

Quoted post:
when will they learn that pc's are Leet, i mean come on consoles may be revolutionary, but pc's are evolutionary. how can you expect to compete with pc's.

If you haven't noticed, PC gaming is somewhat struggling when compared to console gaming. The 360 is proving that consoles can rival PCs when it comes to graphics, audio and online play. Plus, it's only $400. You don't have to worry about having up-to-date specs, nor saving up for a $200 dollar graphics card every year. A PC may be able to evolve over time, but keeping up with it costs a lot of money and effort. And sometimes it's just not worth it. Really, the only thing I see the PC having better than consoles is the mouse. Otherwise, it just doesn't stack up anymore in my opinion.

Posted by Speedfreak

There are already graphics cards more powerful then 360's Xenos, and the CPUs we already has are better than that crappy Xenon by miles.

Quoted post: There are already graphics cards more powerful then 360's Xenos, and the CPUs we already has are better than that crappy Xenon by miles.

I realise that... and they'll continue to get better and better every year. But it's a case of having to buy it. *Shrugs*, I just find owning a console to be a lot easier in the long run. Unless you're a complete graphics whore.

Posted by Moogs

PS2 itself won't die, yet. We still have KHII for the U.S. this month, then it may die.

Posted by Decado

There are still more PS2s being sold month on month (barring launch month, and christmas) than XBOX 360s. Plus Microsoft are LOSING money on every XBOX 360, the same way sony will lose money on the PS3 in the first 6-12 months of launch, also the delay in release will mean more launch titles, the fact the shares only fell 4.4% reflects the fact that this news isn't all that surprising/important.

Sony have an established fanbase, and by the time the PS3 comes out, if its marketed properly (and knowing sony it will be) It will be shown as the next step BEYOND the XBOX 360. It will also mean sony aren't in direct competition with the 360, which means that its likely to get more sales than it would have otherwise. Traditionally sony has done better on the software front as well. It tends to have the best exclusives, or semi-exclusives.

Final Fantasy
Metal Gear Solid
Gran Turismo
Grand Theft Auto

the thing about that list is its varied and appeals to a broad spectrum, as well as containing some of the most popular games ever released. The 360 doesnt have its killer app yet, and if sony can get any one of those games out on its new system before a HALO 3 appears, then the XBOX 360 will really struggle.

It all comes down to the software eventually, since the companies make losses on the actual hardware at launch, and from previous example sony has the better marketing and software catalogues (not to mention the backwards compatability)

In short Nintendo are going to finish last everywhere outside of japan. Sony will be second in japan, first in europe, and either first or second in america.

XBOX will be last by a long way in japan, second in europe, and first or second in america.

perhaps the single most important factor though could be the next gen war between HDDVD and Blu-Ray. If sony wins this, then the PS3 will be nigh on unstoppable. If it doesnt, well it could harm it due to the lack of DVD playback.

Posted by Random

Quoting Decado: There are still more PS2s being sold month on month (barring launch month, and christmas) than XBOX 360s. Plus Microsoft are LOSING money on every XBOX 360, the same way sony will lose money on the PS3 in the first 6-12 months of launch, also the delay in release will mean more launch titles, the fact the shares only fell 4.4% reflects the fact that this news isn't all that surprising/important.

Sony have an established fanbase, and by the time the PS3 comes out, if its marketed properly (and knowing sony it will be) It will be shown as the next step BEYOND the XBOX 360. It will also mean sony aren't in direct competition with the 360, which means that its likely to get more sales than it would have otherwise. Traditionally sony has done better on the software front as well. It tends to have the best exclusives, or semi-exclusives.

Final Fantasy
Metal Gear Solid
Gran Turismo
Grand Theft Auto

the thing about that list is its varied and appeals to a broad spectrum, as well as containing some of the most popular games ever released. The 360 doesnt have its killer app yet, and if sony can get any one of those games out on its new system before a HALO 3 appears, then the XBOX 360 will really struggle.

It all comes down to the software eventually, since the companies make losses on the actual hardware at launch, and from previous example sony has the better marketing and software catalogues (not to mention the backwards compatability)

In short Nintendo are going to finish last everywhere outside of japan. Sony will be second in japan, first in europe, and either first or second in america.

XBOX will be last by a long way in japan, second in europe, and first or second in america.

perhaps the single most important factor though could be the next gen war between HDDVD and Blu-Ray. If sony wins this, then the PS3 will be nigh on unstoppable. If it doesnt, well it could harm it due to the lack of DVD playback.

Yes PS2's are selling better than 360's probably due to the fact that 360's aren't coming in as fast as PS2's are. We've had 12 people on the PS3 pre order list take their pre orders off to buy 360's within the last week.

And I think Sony will lose a lot of money unless they delay sometime. $900 system selling for around $500 seems pretty bad for Sony.

Final Fantasy may no longer be an exclusive when the PS3/360 war takes off. Theres nothing saying that it will be. Not to mention Nintendo will have their own Final Fantasy games.

Grand Theft Auto is not an exclusive at all. Infact I hear now the GTA games are supposed to be released simultaneously instead of on Sony systems first.

360 has some killer games Sony won't touch such as:
Halo 3
Fable 2
Dead Rising
DOA 4
Far Cry Instincts Predator
Gears of War
Lost Planet
Oblivion
Lost Odyssey

But I do mostly agree with your sales predictions. I believe Sony will dominate in Japan with Ninty coming in a not so close second but second place none the less with MS Far behind, in Europe Sony barely beating MS and Nintendo not being too far behind, and in the US I believe MS Will either win or just be right behind Sony with Nintendo in a close third.

Posted by Decado

I must admit ive never heard of most of those killer games you mention, and i dont consider most of them on par with the ones i named for the PS3, DOA4, well PS has tekken, which is different, but more popular, other than Halo 3 and Fable 2 i dont see anything anywhere near the quality as a GT5 or a MGS4..

And as for the FF/GTA thing, i'll believe it when i see it :p.

From what i remember Rockstar had a 5 year deal signed with sony in 2002, and since GTA4 will already be in production by 2007, i can see it defintely being a ps first release, same as the last 3. as for FF, well i think that it'll keep the same formula - sony getting the lions share of the games, with the games being syphoned off to the other consoles with "mini" FFs if you will.

Posted by Moogs

I have heard GTA is going to be released on both consoles, as well as Resident Evil 5.

Posted by s0ul

If I see SBR post one more list of upcoming Xbox 360 games, I'm kicking him in the nuts.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I like how he can pull guesses out of his *** with no justification.

Posted by Random

Quoting s0ul: If I see SBR post one more list of upcoming Xbox 360 games, I'm kicking him in the nuts.

Halo 3
KOTOR 3
etc

:-P :-P :-P

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Final Fantasy may no longer be an exclusive when the PS3/360 war takes off. Theres nothing saying that it will be. Not to mention Nintendo will have their own Final Fantasy games.

Where did you hear this and please give some sources that hints to this?

Posted by Random

http://www.joystiq.com/2005/11/15/360-to-get-final-fantasy-and-dragon-quest/

=) Nothings definite yet but like I say "May" come to the 360.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: http://www.joystiq.com/2005/11/15/360-to-get-final-fantasy-and-dragon-quest/

=) Nothings definite yet but like I say "May" come to the 360.

That's a misquote, I remember the interveiw with the Square Enix prez, he said Square would be looking at Microsoft and the 360 more, but never offical announced any title(s) to come for it.

Possible, maybe, if 360 does better in Japan, but it doesn't really seem to be going that way, at all, though I admit still possible.

Posted by stepharneo

i would like to point out that im not a racist, BUT...the Japanese seem to stick to there "homegrown" consoles, so there is little chance of the 360 doing even remotly well in Japan. btw if you even try to say that one console is crap, and you haven't even looked at the full games list for said console then you are a ghei n00b, seriously you suck and your opinion should be discounted. plus i'll agree that the pc is expensive to ugrade, but games are generally better for pc as they are easier to mod,
e.g. Elder Scrolls oblivion, for pc and 360 i believe. well if there are any in game glitches (which is likely, EVEN, in such a hyped up game), it will be easy for pc gamers to download a patch to cover up for any of the glitches, or download new character skins, and i do realise that with x-box live you can download and share files with other gamers, but ultimately the pc wins in the modding department. even though i'm a sony man at heart, tekken sucks, they're all basically the same, too short and highly repetetive, personally gt games have become too realistic, they are way too high strung, it takes all the fun from gaming when games are like that, why waste time playing a game exactly like driving to every aspect, spend hours getting the next liscence to get to the next race, finish playing for the day and you still havent got a real liscence or a real car. games should be fun not hard god**** work.

What if you dislike modding, like myself?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=stepharneo]i would like to point out that im not a racist, BUT...the Japanese seem to stick to there "homegrown" consoles, so there is little chance of the 360 doing even remotly well in Japan. btw if you even try to say that one console is crap, and you haven't even looked at the full games list for said console then you are a ghei n00b, seriously you suck and your opinion should be discounted. plus i'll agree that the pc is expensive to ugrade, but games are generally better for pc as they are easier to mod,
e.g. Elder Scrolls oblivion, for pc and 360 i believe. well if there are any in game glitches (which is likely, EVEN, in such a hyped up game), it will be easy for pc gamers to download a patch to cover up for any of the glitches, or download new character skins, and i do realise that with x-box live you can download and share files with other gamers, but ultimately the pc wins in the modding department. even though i'm a sony man at heart, tekken sucks, they're all basically the same, too short and highly repetetive, personally gt games have become too realistic, they are way too high strung, it takes all the fun from gaming when games are like that, why waste time playing a game exactly like driving to every aspect, spend hours getting the next liscence to get to the next race, finish playing for the day and you still havent got a real liscence or a real car. games should be fun not hard god**** work.

HAHAHAHA, OH WOW.

Posted by Decado

Stepharneo, literally millions of people disagree with your taste in games, oh and if you honestly check the release list for every console then... you need to get out more man...

Plus console games tend to be more polished, they dont usually need patches.

Mopdding is still relativley underground, playing games is still by far the more popular past time, so how you can use that as the deciding arguement is beyond me.

"but games are generally better for pc as they are easier to mod, "

Thats, frankly, stupid. Ease to mod doesnt make a game good, it just adds longetivity, stop stating your opinion as fact.

The japanese stick to their consoles because they have a different culture of games. there arent any Pikmins, or dancing games etc for xbox260, which is a large part of what japanese gamers look for. Research your subject if you're going to use it in an arguement.

"then you are a ghei n00b, seriously you suck and your opinion should be discounted"

Speaking in such a mature manner is going to make people listen to your every word...

Oh and if you can find me a full games list for any console thats out just now, i will be very impressed, since there is no such thing... new games are being started/announced every day...

Use your head, speak proper english, and try again :)

Quoted post: Plus console games tend to be more polished, they dont usually need patches.

Not always. There's tons of broken games or glitches that could use patching. It's only now becoming possibly, as we've seen with DOA4 and CoD2 on the 360.

Posted by stepharneo

Quoting Decado: oh and if you honestly check the release list for every console then... you need to get out more man...

Mopdding is still relativley underground, playing games is still by far the more popular past time, so how you can use that as the deciding arguement is beyond me.

Oh and if you can find me a full games list for any console thats out just now, i will be very impressed, since there is no such thing... new games are being started/announced every day...

Right, i'll accept most of what you are saying, but what I meant when I said about games list, was actually that if you have only heard about one or two games for a console, then saying that it has no good games is a bit trivial. And also how can you say that modding isn't a high point of games, it makes games last longer (i'm tired of short games, even though i hate impossible games, there is point in between the two), it adds extra characters, levels, and even guns, it adds to the fun of previously completed (or even uncompleted) games. I promise I will shut up with the leet speak from now on. Finally, I do not expect my opinion to be taken as fact, hence I said generally.

Posted by Decado

Modding improves the longetivity of games, thats not in question, BUT you cannot use that as the deciding factor, because it's simply not popular enough.

Posted by Lord of Spam

[quote]personally gt games have become too realistic, they are way too high strung, it takes all the fun from gaming when games are like that, why waste time playing a game exactly like driving to every aspect, spend hours getting the next liscence to get to the next race, finish playing for the day and you still havent got a real liscence or a real car. games should be fun not hard god**** work.

OH NOES SOMEONE WANTS TO MAKE A GAME REALISTIC WAAAA

Shut up and go play NFSMW. Gran Turismo is a beautiful game. If you understand ANYTHING about racing physics, which the game teaches you, by the way, then its not that hard. As for spending hours getting licenses, thats just you sucking. I can start with not a single test done and get up to an IA and a rally license in less than an hour. As for why I wouldnt want to simulate having a whole garage full of 500hp+ automotive monsters... I currently have about $23 in my pocket. You find me a car that I can buy for $23 that will do 0-60 in 3 seconds and hit 200mph and i will shut up. Until then, bite me.

Oh, and I have both a license and a car of my own, so :P

Aside from that, with the fact that msot new systems do or can come with harddrives and internet connections, there is no reason that the games cant be moded. So your whole aregument is retarded.

Posted by stepharneo

Quoting Lord of Spam:
Oh, and I have both a license and a car of my own, so :P

Aside from that, with the fact that msot new systems do or can come with harddrives and internet connections, there is no reason that the games cant be moded. So your whole aregument is retarded.

Can you even read? I am fully aware that consoles can access the internet, if you could read, then you would see that I have noted that in the post that you're talking about, but it is far easier to download internet content with a pc. plus I understand that realism is great in games but there is a line between fun and plain sucky, i'll admit that what i said is confusing (teach me to post when im ****ed off!). btw, Modding, not popular, you make me laugh, really you do.

also what does owning a car and liscence have to do with owning a copy of gt, you got them from going out and getting them.

Quoted post: but it is far easier to download internet content with a pc.

No it isn't. Everything you'd ever need to download is in one place on a console. It's a few button presses away and takes seconds to download.

Quoted post: plus I understand that realism is great in games but there is a line between fun and plain sucky

OH SNAP PERSONAL PREFERENCE REARS ITS UGLY HEAD AGAIN!!!

Posted by MicroSony

Sony seems to be taking it from all sides.

Posted by Nickd009

sony would be doing much better right now if their products didn't cost so much, thats the reason y alot of ppl bought ds insted of psp

Posted by Nickd009

i would have a psp right now if it didnt cost so muchh

Posted by Speedfreak

Or if their products were worth the price.

Indeed. People are willing to pay anything for what they want. Every launch shows that, what with people paying over a grand for a PS2 or a 360. But it's all about the software, if you don't have that, then there's no reason to spend all of that cash.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Nickd009: i would have a psp right now if it didnt cost so muchh

I agree. There are a bunch of games I want to play for the PSP, such as Mega Man Powered Up, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, Metal Gear Ac!d 1, Metal Gear Ac!d 2, Daxter, Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror, and especially Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX and MLB The Show 06 with wireless play. All of them have gotten great scores, and about half of them are updates to games I love, not to mention upcoming titles like G[color=yellowgreen]od of War, a Metal Gear game that actually plays like one and FFVII - Crisis Core.

Sadly, I don't have enough money to purchase the system and its games and at the same time save for the PS3 and Revolution. They're dropping the price to $199.99 with a more basic package though, so who knows. Keep in mind that the pricing for the system is understandable though. People thought the handheld would be a lot more expensive when its price was still a mystery simply because of the summation of its components, and they were talking about the price of the handheld alone, not accounting for all the stuff that currently comes with the box.[/color]

Posted by Random

I agree. There are games for the PSP that are out or will be out that I really want to get my hands on but the **** system costs so much. I'm not ready to dish out a bunch of cash for something that dies after a few hours of battery life.

Games I'd want:
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2
GTA Liberty City Stories
Breath of Fire III
Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core
DBZ Shin Budokai
Justice League Heroes
Twisted Metal

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a PSP but it's too costly. I think instead I see myself picking up a DS. Though I can't name that many DS games I want, I can name a lot of GBA Games that i'll probably play on the DS.

I think Sony could be in a deal of trouble. I'm not saying they're going to lose the console war because I don't think that'll be the case but I can just about garuntee that they won't win by a huge margin. Too early to tell anyways.

Quoted post: Keep in mind that the pricing for the system is understandable though.

Yeah, I gotta agree there. The price is completely justified, from a technology standpoint anyways. But I just have a hard time spending that much when I've seen about three games I really want. Chances are, I'll eventually buy it, but not for at least six months I think.

Posted by Sk2k52

Holy ****, $900 PER unit?

Rest in piece Playstation, we never got along but hate to see ya go out this way @.@

Quoted post: Holy ****, $900 PER unit?

Rest in piece Playstation, we never got along but hate to see ya go out this way @.@

That's how much it costs to produce. We don't know what they're going to sell it at yet.