Does this mean evasion is a bad thing?

Posted by GameMiestro

You might not know this, but the more damage you take in a battle, the more experience points you get at the end. Therefore, wouldn't it actually be better to focus on all stats but evasion so you can get the most experience possible in the least amount of battles? I've notices that several people with huge evade ratings can indeed beat strong enemies, but they probably dont get much exp because they depend on evasion to avoid enemies, not their HP to absorb damage.

Posted by crelda

that explains why i only get about 4 exp each battle or is it normal at the beggining

Posted by Xero

I thought you gained more experience every turn. The more turns on a game, the more EXP you make, cuz you attack more. Are you sure gamemiestro?

Posted by Jesse Smith

As I gained levels, the enemies gave more experience. I got a lot of evasion. With it, it's real easy to kill them, once I'm strong enough to, and you finish the battle fast, geting gold/exp fast!!!! (I'm more interested in Gold than exp.) 100 gold and you can increase HP and so on!!!

Posted by Xero

Yup, I'm saving to improve with the synthesis shop. I think thats the better way to improve your skills.

Posted by GameMiestro

Unfortunately, items are virtually worthless once you start buying stuff at the stat store. Only a few items actually provide more than the standard 10+ stats for $1000 rate.

Posted by Xero

The few items a brawler can buy are useless. This is why that synthesis shop is important. Sincew your gonna be stuck with the same equipment for a while, mind as well make it easier with an upgrade ;)

Posted by Jesse Smith

I've been fighting with my hands the whole time!!! The weapon is just about useless!!!

Posted by Xero

with your hands? You must be doing 0 damages often :P I still use my weapon, cuz one hit on 5 will do over 80 damages and seing the amount of HP we all have for the moment, thats pretty good.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er no, I can kill Xeni in almost one hit!!!!

Posted by Xero

Then your strong, cuz I'm still having a hard time killing it...but I kill metroid quite easily tho...strange...

Posted by GameMiestro

The fact is, if you want to make items useful, you're going to have to take out the stat store, or make upgrades there a lot more expensive.

Posted by Xero

Exactly what I'm doing. And it works.

Posted by GameMiestro

I was talking to Jesse...

Posted by Jesse Smith

LOL!!! If I didn't have the stat store, I would still be fighting Gollems!!! :D I havn't even seen any way to do upgrades. It might be my character, or I havn't got enough exp.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Jesse Smith: LOL!!! If I didn't have the stat store, I would still be fighting Gollems!!! :D I havn't even seen any way to do upgrades. It might be my character, or I havn't got enough exp.

I think its more related to the ammount of money you have right now...

Posted by GameMiestro

What I meant by upgrades was the cost of stat increases in the store. For example, instead of +10 Strength costing 1000, it should cost something like 2500.

Posted by Xero

nah...I like it like that. Goes faster.

Posted by basterd

Quoting Jesse Smith: LOL!!! If I didn't have the stat store, I would still be fighting Gollems!!! :D I havn't even seen any way to do upgrades. It might be my character, or I havn't got enough exp.

The Synthesis Shop can increase your stats but you need like 3000 wancker to buy a good stone(it looks like a rune).

Posted by basterd

I just got 103 exp from fighting koopa but he didn't take any life away from me. When you have low life to you still get more exp?

Posted by GameMiestro

I can now say for certain that losing life will get you more EXP at the end of a battle. If you take enough damage so that you are within a thread of dying, and then come back to win the battle, you will get a huge amount of EXP (it almost sounds like something from Dragonball Z, but that's another story). If you beat Foresht without losing any health, you will gain about 1000 EXP. If you do it after losing a ton of health you can get over 5 times as much... of course, this would make sense if it costed money to heal, but for now, it's just something you have to live with.

Posted by basterd

You play to much.lol. I just figured that out to, If you challenge bowser and let him hit you once but don't die go back and challenge xeni or koopa and you get a lot of exp then just go and use the wancker that you got to buy potions and do it all over again. but It shows that you've surrendered but if that doesn't matter to you keep doing it. And I just figured out that there was a shop(lmao I was not paying attention) but you need lots of wanker to buy like 10 def. what is VIS? and is it a good thing to have?

Posted by GameMiestro

You mean VIT? Thats vitality, and depending on your class, it may or may not matter. With theifs, it's important. With Brawlers... it isn't essential, but it still helps (I haven't bothered to get it yet).

Posted by basterd

Oh I'm a pickpocket. I wan't to change but I don't want to start over because I'm at lvl 2 :(

Posted by Xero

Level 2 only? Change while your still there ;)

Posted by stepharneo

What does the vit stat affect?

Posted by basterd

there 25 post and not one of them answers the question of this thread. is evasion good or bad?

Posted by Jesse Smith

It can be good or bad, depending on how you play the game. I think it's great. :D

Posted by Xero

I dont focus on evasion,but on DEF. Samus barely deals me any damages :P