Dr. Mario Challenge

Posted by NES Queen

Ok, I was finally able to get a linked game working through Nestopia to play Dr. Mario with a friend of mine down in Florida. It's a bit laggy at times, but it's better than nothing.

Every one of my friends up here in NY I've played (and now him too down in FL) sucks and doesn't come close to beating me. I'm looking for someone who's willing to take a stab at beating the Queen. It's a fairly simple process of linking up, and you can download Nestopia [URL="http://sourceforge.net/projects/nestopia/"]here[/URL]. I have the ROM for Dr. Mario and can send it to whoever needs it, even let you practice for a bit first too.

If you're up for a game (Baz........ come out come out wherever you are!) catch me online and let me know:
AIM: ecoli742
yahoo: knevin01

Posted by Dexter

I am certainly interested in this challenge. Everyone I play can't come close to defeating me. I don't even know what it would be like to play a challenging individual. I would adore the experience.

I will prepare myself for this battle. I will have to get myself a controller to play with because I simply wouldn't be able to use my great dexterity as well with the keyboard.

Posted by NES Queen

yeah, it would definitely be easier with a controller but I have no idea where to get the needed device to plug it in.

if using the keyboard though, its tempting to use the arrow keys for direction, but I find it easier to set it up as follows:

left: S
up: E
right: F
down: D
select: G
start: H
b: J
a: K

That way you have the correct buttons on the correct hands at least and it feels slightly similar to a controller.

let me know when you're ready for the challenge ;)

Posted by Ant

The emulator won't work for me :/ So I tried!

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I'll have to give this a go, sometime. I enjoy Dr. Mario quite a bit, and haven't found anyone to beat me yet.

Posted by scylla

Quoting NES Queen: Ok, I was finally able to get a linked game working through Nestopia to play Dr. Mario with a friend of mine down in Florida. It's a bit laggy at times, but it's better than nothing.

Every one of my friends up here in NY I've played (and now him too down in FL) sucks and doesn't come close to beating me. I'm looking for someone who's willing to take a stab at beating the Queen. It's a fairly simple process of linking up, and you can download Nestopia [URL="http://sourceforge.net/projects/nestopia/"]here[/URL]. I have the ROM for Dr. Mario and can send it to whoever needs it, even let you practice for a bit first too.

If you're up for a game (Baz........ come out come out wherever you are!) catch me online and let me know:
AIM: ecoli742
yahoo: knevin01

I've always been able to beat MANY of your arcade scores, on more than several occasions a few years ago. (when I played under the name "majin_vegeta1," Ring up any memories?) Anyways, I'll give you a run for your money.

Posted by NES Queen

yes, you must feel so proud to be able to succumb to no life syndrom for longer periods of time than me.

Posted by scylla

Heh, what can I say. I'm always a sucker for a real challenge when it comes to gaming. :-D

Anyways, let me know when your ready to play.

Posted by NES Queen

i'll be up for another hour or two tonight.... knevin01 on yahoo or leave a message on aim (ecoli742)

Posted by NES Queen

despite the lag problems.... i still kicked your arse.

*still undefeated, and still waiting for Baz*

Posted by ZEN

I have been wanting to try netplay on an emlator. Unfortunately, I haven't played 'Dr. Mario' in about a decade.
My performance would be far less than satisfactory.

Tengen 'Tetris' on the other hand...

Posted by IHatePowerSaws

i suck at this game...

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting ZEN: I have been wanting to try netplay on an emlator. Unfortunately, I haven't played 'Dr. Mario' in about a decade.
My performance would be far less than satisfactory.

Tengen 'Tetris' on the other hand...

you're on.... I have that one too. let me know when you're ready

Posted by ZEN

NES Queen, what times of the day are you usually available?

Posted by neofreak91

The emulator won't work for me I got error requeating server list!

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting ZEN: NES Queen, what times of the day are you usually available?

i usually get home by 5:30pm (NY time) during the week. scylla has caught me during my lunch break a few times but that changes daily so it would just be hit or miss.

Posted by ZEN

Word of advice...

If you are going to challenge the NES Queen at Dr. Mario, please take the time to make sure you are actually "good" at the game (as to not look like a completely unskilled loser).

Just saying...

Posted by NES Queen

*another one bites the dust......*

yeah, and aparently Tengen Tetris too, ;)

Posted by neofreak91

The emulator work now
any one wante to play double dragon 2 and konami games

Posted by keyartist

No matter what you think of me I'm good at these types of games . Once I get it downloaded I'll play you.