Whats your favorite shooter FOR THE PLAYSTATION/2

Posted by doomboy

my favorite shooter is well do I have to say it? DOOM 1-final I havent played DOOM 3 yet though.

Posted by Prince Redon

Meh, Doom was ok, but I liked it for PC better.

One of my favorites would have to be Medal of Honor. There were several, but I prefer Front line.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Excluding the loading times, Quake III is one of my favourite FPS's. It's quick, fun, and I enjoy using the lovely assortment of guns.

Posted by Ant

Duke Nukem 64. Omg I said that on the Playstation board!

But yeah, Goldeneye is also pretty badass.

Posted by Ronin

metroid prime for me.........i guess if you consider that a real fps, but it's still my favorite.

Posted by Burn

For a console -- Golden Eye was the creme of the crop

For the PC - tough choice.... Doom I, Castle Wolfenstein, Marathon... MoH...all great choices.

Posted by Night Owl

definitely halo or halo2.

Posted by Burn

Why is this in the Playstation forum and only non-playstation games are mentioned? Started me thinking, I don't think there is a great FPS for PS2 in my memory. Will probably change in the next few months with Time Splitters 3 and Area 51 coming out. I bet one of those two will go down as "the PS2 FPS"...

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Burn: Why is this in the Playstation forum and only non-playstation games are mentioned?

Because people need to learn how to read. If they can't think of their favourite Playstation FPS, then they shouldn't answer the thread. From now on, I'm going to delete posts that do not pertain to the topic.

Posted by Burn

DIdn't mean to bring the hammer down that hard. Once I actually started thinking about the topic it actually piqued my interest more. PS2 doens't have many GREAT FPSes...IMO. One of these new boys: TS3, Snowblind, or Area 51 will grab it. I wonder which?

Posted by Borealis

Tribes.

Posted by eriksson22

Well Goldeneye was fantastic, I had Medal of Honor:Underground for PS1 and liked it a lot.

There is a real lack of quality FPS's for Playstation 2. But I think that will change with the arrival of Area 51, which, based on the demo, should soon be the first real outstanding FPS for Playstation.

Posted by sephiroth_theunborn

Unreal tournament was the frist game that really got me into frist person shooter games and it will stay on the top of my list of good shooters games

Posted by ARC

I'd have to agree with night owl on halo/ halo2.
Those are great shooter games!

Posted by animejunki

I would have to say halo 2.

Posted by Slayde

I would have to agree..Halo 2 for me.:)

Posted by Darkbackward

Lets see, this is playstation thread. Halo 2 does not exist, neither does half lire 2, nor marathon (marathon? wtf, another overrated bungie game), nor anything else.

My favorite shooter is probably socom 2: Us navy Seals, why? Because I like the tactical action, it makes me as giddy as a school girl. :bangbang: :sniper: :flame: :bang_bang :shot: :deadpokem

Shooter games, woohoo!

Posted by White2912

i loved to play hitman 2 but not do complete quietly - going gun-ho was soooo much fun!!!

Posted by Ch

I liked Agent Under Fire for PS2. I know alot of people who think it sucks but i think it's a really good shooter game.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting animejunki: I would have to say halo 2.

The thread clearly states on the PS2, plus this is the PlayStation Board, stop with the Halo 2's.

Posted by Disturbed_one

my favriote are the Medal of Honor series

Posted by naughtydogy

Quoting doomboy: my favorite shooter is well do I have to say it? DOOM 1-final I havent played DOOM 3 yet though.

JAK3 IS DA BOMBAYest SHOOTING GAME.I CANT WAIT FOR JAKX TO COME!!

Posted by MasterCheif12345

Mine would have to be XIII. I thought it was a well done FPS and had a great story. Ubisoft tried something that no one had ever done before by makeing the game's graphics cel shaded. Many people might disagree with me but this one hell of a shooter.

Posted by Crazy K

Well I really cant say. I played a lot of great shooting games, but Id say Socom u.s. navy seals. (never played Socom 2 yet).

Posted by William

Only one I've played so far, so I'm going with it...

Killzone.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting User 245: I liked Agent Under Fire for PS2. I know alot of people who think it sucks but i think it's a really good shooter game.

I would easily agree that it's very underrated game.
Medal of Honor: Frontline for the win in my opinion.

Posted by Roger Smith

Cold Winter all the way:cool:

Posted by ZEN

Einhander
Contra: Shattered Soldier

Lot's of "shooting" in those.

I was hoping this topic would be about the scrolling "shooters" (since that's what I always knew them as) however the "first-person shooter" seems to have taken over the genre title.
So I'll mention 'Medal of Honor', 'No One Lives Forever', 'Dark Forces', 'Descent', and 'Half-Life' too (all the FPS I played, and enjoyed).

Posted by helpimstuckinabox

MOH was pretty good, but i wish the animation was more serious. For example, everytime you shot someone they would fall down on their *** like a little kid.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting William: Only one I've played so far, so I'm going with it...

Killzone.
It better be the only one you've played. Play any other shooter, any, and you should change your mind.

My favorite is Red Faction 2, along with MoH frontline.

Posted by hey

Halo and also a big fan of conkers bad fur day .

Posted by cjs

i like cold winter call of duty infact i love war games there my favorite but my favorite would have to be madal of honor frontline

Posted by cjs

i love call of duty and medal of honor series

Posted by vgmaster13

Medal of Honor Frontline, a really good FPS and it gave a really good feal that you felt like you were in the war the other one i like is Red Faction 2, it was amazing with the enviroments being so destructive and it was just awesome seeing walls get blown up and brining a great experience into it these two are the best ps2 fps

Posted by James

Quoting naughtydogy: JAK3 IS DA BOMBAYest SHOOTING GAME.I CANT WAIT FOR JAKX TO COME!!

I agree......except for the caps and all. Can't wait for the X-iefied Jak to come and run over and/or shoot me.

Posted by kaid

A lot of people would disagree but 007 Agent Under Fire was awesome.

Posted by Chronic

I have two favorite shooters for PS2 first Red Dead Revolver and second Freedom Fighters.

Posted by Jerry Rice

I thought Half Life for the PS2 was pretty interesting. Kept me going for a few hours, lots of combat and lots of little entertaining things to do.

Posted by kaseyrocks

the james bond games