Lego Bionicle Collectors

Posted by -Fierce_Deity_Link-

I am an absolute, huge Bionicle fan/collector! I have over 40! I have been collecting them for years. If you are a Bionicle fan/collecter, post your collection here! My favourite Bionicle ever will always be Roodaka. Evil at it's most feminim. I loved her in the 3rd movie, so I just had to get her! I four boxed Bionicles so far, they are: Roodaka, Turaga Dume and Nivawk, Krekka and Makuta himself!!

Posted by Raptor

Quoting -Fierce_Deity_Link-: Evil at it's most feminim.

oh my god.

I own several hundred Lego sets but they are all 80's and early 90's releases; none of this lame Bionicle junk.

Roodaka is the only female evil Bionicle to date.

Posted by The Judge

I have the classic buckets upon buckets of legos that go to sets that have been now lost or were still originally unknown. I'm sure my kids will have a blast with them.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I have the classic buckets upon buckets of legos that go to sets that have been now lost or were still originally unknown. I'm sure my kids will have a blast with them.

Yeah, that's probably the only thing I'll bother to give my kids. What kid needs anything other than lego?

Posted by Ant

Video Games...if we want them to end up anything like us anyways :cool2:

Quoted post: Video Games...if we want them to end up anything like us anyways

Why the hell would I give my kids something I want? Plus, I'd have a twenty year start on them, there's no way they could beat me, so what's the point?

Posted by Klarth

Bionicle is ****ing terrible. Lego Technic fell apart in 1999 as far as I'm concerned.

Hell, Bionicle doesn't even deserve to be called Lego. It's just utter tat.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

I loved Legos as a kid, mostly in the early to mid 90's. I used to have the several buckets with around 500 or so blocks when I was really young. I got a couple of dozen of the kits when I got older. None of them are together anymore. Pieces got lost, and I just mixed what was left into big buckets, and put them into my closet where they sat for years. The Bionicle things I never liked. The first set they came out with, the ones that launched disks, were fine. After that, they just got dumb.

Posted by Raptor

I recall having at least a hundred of my brother's Lego sets all combined into a couple of big boxes. We had retained the instructions for all the individual sets, so I had taken it upon myself to try to assemble each of the original sets using the appropriate pieces in the piles specified in the instructions. It seemed to take an eternity, but it was worth it in the end. I wish I had taken a picture of my bedroom when I had at least ten shelves full of assembled Lego sets, divided by theme.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

My brothers and I tried that once out of bordum, but with only one kit. It was the only one I was certain all the pieces were there. It was on a summer night where a storm knocked out the power a few years ago. I managed to do it, but it took around 5-6 hours. It was even harder because it was by candle light.

There is nothing wrong with Lego Bionicles!

Quoted post: There is nothing wrong with Lego Bionicles!

Really, there is. It's not what Lego was. You used to be able to make something specific, or create something completely unique. You can't do that with Bionicles, really. They're just action figures that you assemble yourself. You can't make whatever your heart desires, it has to be what's in the instructions, and that's a shame. It's also why kids suck these days and seem to be nowhere near as creative.

You can also make custom Bionicles. My step-brother's girlfriend's brother made a really cool Bionicle by adding wings from a Vikings set.

But you're just adding other parts onto it. It's like adding a spoiler onto a car. While a normal lego set is completely different, in that you can create anything - not just add on different parts.

I understand now. Lego has really changed over years, from simple blocks to Lego Technic and Bionicles. Exo-Force is very unique design-wise. Gundam style robots made from Lego. Duplo is another type of Lego again. Larger blocks for young children. They also have animals and people too. Lego Vikings are very interesting. I never though Lego would ever make dragons from Lego. I though only Megabloks did that. The RC Lego cars are really different again. Cars made from Lego with real motors. Very cool. The Lego Ferrari models are excellent as well.

Well, there's always been sets. Like castles, spaceships, boats and so on. But only recently they seem to focus on specific creations. There's nothing really creative about it, just read the manual and you're done. Sure they've always had those too, but never upfront, basically replacing all of the other sets...

It's almost like Lego are running out of ideas. Vampiro, you must be a really fast typer or something! Everytime I reply to this, you already have! Fast...

I don't think they're running out of ideas... since, a lot of what lego was was just getting a bunch of blocks and building what you want. So I don't think it's so much Lego that's running out of ideas, rather, it's the kids.

Posted by Fate

I remember way back when when I made this badass female pirate Lego. It was my favorite. Then my brother smashed her and my childhood faded away.

Posted by Lord of Spam

There used to be this BADASS old school technix set of a car. It was esentially pa perfect representation. It had an actual v6 motor that you could see the pistons moving up and down in, a steering and suspention system, and working doors and everything. Only problem was the **** thing was like $200. I wanted it sooooo bad, but never got it.

I still want that **** thing.:(

Oh, and I too had the stereotypical buckets of legos thing too.:cool:

Posted by cool gamer dad

I played with the HUGE farm baby Legos that came with assorted farm animals. I was always too shakey for the advanced sets. Lego Bionicles? I've never tried them.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I used to enjoy buildign things without looking at the instructions. It sometimes took forever, but it was worth it when everything came together.

Posted by Echo

Ahhh, Legos. I used to have a few drawers full of them, which now belong to my younger brother. A friend of mine had a whole bunch, too, and we would always play with them. When we got a new set we would build it, play with it like that for like a week or two, than take it apart and build something else, using other parts. I also really liked the buckets full of just plain bricks. Nowadays the coolest thing are these sets with a bunch of pieces and instructions for like 3-4 different things (nothing really style-ish, just planes and boats and cars and stuff). They still have the pictures on them of things that you don't have instructions for but you can build, just like the old sets. It's neat trying to build those, because they're usually cooler and it's more fun without instructions.

Posted by nich

This thread makes me want to build something. It shames me to admit I have the first and second Bionicle sets. I was so very young and easily influenced. I used to know this guy who combined a bunch of castle sets, this castle was huge. I coudn't play or even touch it though :/

Posted by Lord of Spam

This thread makes me wish I hadnt gotten rid of all my old lego crap. :/

Posted by Killer Jordo

It's the mixing and matching of diffrent sets. For example. I got like 4 Indiana Jones Lego sets about 3 years ago. After I got bored of re-building the same thing. I created the ultimate frigging awsome "I built this because I'm stranded on this island and want to leave" plane. It kicked some HxC [COLOR="White"]as[/COLOR]s.

Indiana Jones Lego?!?! Cool!!!!!!!

Posted by Lord of Spam

WATCH OUT OR LINKMAN WILL DELETE YOUR POSTS FOR BEING OFF TOPIC

I used to spend hours playing with those little plastic squares of fun. I'd sort them all into piles by their shape, and then just sort of look at them until I had n inspiration, and then I wouldnt move until it was done.

I remember once getting the idea into my head that it would be fun to build a replica of the highwind. Took forever, but it was worth it.:cool:

Posted by Shade

Quoting The Judge: I have the classic buckets upon buckets of legos that go to sets that have been now lost or were still originally unknown. I'm sure my kids will have a blast with them.

You!? Kids!? HAH! What about the whole, "not wanting to have sex," thing?

Yeah, those Indiana Jones kind of legos were the sh*t. But I was dissapointed when I read the box and it turned out it was some guy named Paul Rex, or something. How could LEGO do that to me? :(

Quoted post: You!? Kids!? HAH! What about the whole, "not wanting to have sex," thing?

He only says that because he hasn't done it yet, and probably won't for awhile. Once he gets the chance, his outlook will change.

Quoted post: I used to enjoy buildign things without looking at the instructions. It sometimes took forever, but it was worth it when everything came together.

Heh, I remember doing that with the space-robot legos. I don't think I ever actually completed it though... I just couldn't figure it out without a quick look at the instructions.

Posted by Trigger

I used to have lego also, but that day has long passed. I wouldn't be surprised if I started playing with my own children's lego when they aren't playing with it, just because I'll get the urge to try and build something. Then again, the last time I played with lego was when one of my assignments required me to make a building. As something that was supposed to be a respectable, high quality training package which I paid thousands of dollars for, I didn't expect to be playing with lego in order to try and learn something.

It felt like the most irrelevant thing I have ever had to receive from any form of education, putting aside the many times my grade nine and ten science teacher was distracted when we'd mention the word 'football.' So many classes wasted away to that subject, so much science wasn't taught. I'll never get those years back. Anyway, lego is great but I think Vampiro has a good point about the creative limitations manual and figurine based creations have. If you wanted to follow instructions and make little figurines, you may as well invest some money buying Warhammer kids and constructing those figurines. You'll even get to be artistic and paint them.