Inspiring Song

Posted by Gagan

In this should be uplifting.

What's your favorite inspiring song?

Right now I'm listening to...
In Christ Alone - Brian Littrell

Christ alone will I glory Though I could pride myself in battles won For I've been blessed beyond measure And by His strength alone I overcome Oh I could stop and count successes Like diamonds in my hand But those trophies could not equal To the grace by which I stand In Christ alone I place my trust And find my glory in the power of the cross In every victory let it be said of me My source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone In Christ alone will I glory For only by His grace I am redeemed And only His tender mercy Could reach beyond my weakness to my need Now I seek no greater honor Than just to know Him more And to count my gains But losses to the glory of my Lord In Christ alone I place my trust And find my glory in the power of the cross In every victory let it be said of me My source of strength, my source of hope is Christ alone

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Oh my god, Gagan, you are freaking asking for it. Seriously, man, you are just begging for someone to come in here and ace you.

By the way, Brian Litrell used to sing songs about sexual stuff and now he claims to be all Jesus'd up... I dunno, seems kinda like he only resorted to Christianity because of how unsuccessful BSB became.

Posted by Dexter

Ah! Great thread idea.

It is difficult to pinpoint my favorite inspiring songs, but there are a few I know of that inspire different things within me. Some are good to wake up to or start when I get in the car to inspire energy within me to face the rest of the day. Sometimes when I'm feeling a little down I might play a song that is known to inspire happiness or nostalgia within me. There are many great nostalgic songs that inspire me. Inspiring songs comes in many forms, but here are a few particular songs that I find are marvelously inspiring.

"A Poem for the Firmament" by Elvenking. Terrific final track on their 2004 Wyrd CD. The Twilight: Chant of the First Snow segment is the most inspiring moment in the song. This and "The Loser’s Ball" are my favorite Elvenking songs. I recently got their 2006 CD, Winter Wake, but sadly I have not had much time to get into it.

"Destiny" and "Anthem Of The World" by Stratovarius are excellent inspirational songs. Stratovarius have that inspiring quality to them.

Falkenbach inspires me to go out on adventures, particularly near the ocean. Doesn't really matter what song, but "Baldurs Tod" will get my energy going.

The "Punjabi Wedding Song" from the Bride & Prejudice soundtrack inspires me to dance.

Posted by Raptor

I feel sorry for anyone whose sole source of hope is someone they've never met and likely never will.

A song that deeply inspires me is "Fall Free" by The Alan Parsons Project. It has all the musical majesty of Pink Floyd's "Learning to Fly," plus lyrics that actually do make my spirit soar.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Raptor: I feel sorry for anyone whose sole source of hope is someone they've never met and likely never will.

As sorry as someone who believes they are anthro, and feels attraction towards animals? Sorry, I don't like when people insult any religious beliefs. [spoiler]except scientology[/spoiler]
Disagree if you want, but there's really no good reason for that. You're insulting it because there's no proof, but that's exactly why religions are faith.
Extremists are a different story.

Anyway, certain parts in The Awareness just clear my mind.

Quoted post: "Anthem Of The World" by Stratovarius

:cool:

Posted by Outlaw

2pac - Keep Ya Head Up (very deep, you don't hear the likes of it everyday)

Some say the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice
I say the darker the flesh then the deeper the roots
I give a holler to my sisters on welfare
Tupac cares, and don't nobody else care?
And uhh, I know they like to beat ya down a lot
When you come around the block brothas clown a lot
But please don't cry, dry your eyes, never let up
Forgive but don't forget, girl keep your head up
And when he tells you you ain't nuttin don't believe him
And if he can't learn to love you you should leave him
Cause sista you don't need him
And I ain't tryin to gas ya up, I just call em how I see em
You know it makes me unhappy
When brothas make babies, and leave a young mother to be a pappy
And since we all came from a woman
Got our name from a woman and our game from a woman
I wonder why we take from our women
Why we rape our women, do we hate our women?
I think it's time to kill for our women
Time to heal our women, be real to our women
And if we don't we'll have a race of babies
That will hate the ladies, that make the babies
And since a man can't make one
He has no right to tell a woman when and where to create one
So will the real men get up
I know you're fed up ladies, but keep your head up

Jus by reading those lyrics, you can tell that he was a real poet. Yet people continue talking trash about him as if he was just another 50, most of them didn't even take the time 2 fully listen 2 his songs first. It's a matter of opinion but still, to me he'l always be the number one songwriter.

"There's no need 4 you to fear me, If you take the time to hear me, maybe you could learn to cheer me " - Tupac Shakur

Posted by Lord of Spam

Generally anything anti-system and loud and fast gets me pumped up and motivated. The faster the better.

Posted by Crazy K

Probably any song by Pink Floyd. Oh and Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Outlaw:
Jus by reading those lyrics, you can tell that he was a real poet.

Wow man I really see what you mean now man. Though, his poetry often does get me down a lot, even though I like to clown a lot.

Posted by Demonblade

Probably "Heretic Song" by slipknot...Muwhahahaha...but seriously...gets me pretty pumped.

As for inspirational...well, i dont really do that...i dont look for inspiration from music...just a medium to express my feelings.

Posted by Moogs

Free Bird- Lynyrd Skynyrd

How Great is our God- Dunno who (Im not bringing my beliefs into this I just think it's an inspiring song)

Posted by Pepper

Free bird is very good. Also, if anybody has heard it, Liberty by Stratovarius is very epic and uplifting, as is most Stratovarius.

Posted by Klarth

There are quite a few songs that get me "pumped":

Evergrey - "A Touch of Blessing"
In Flames - "Take This Life"
Mercenary - "Supremacy v2.0"
Juno Reactor - "Mona Lisa Overdrive"
Junkie XL - "Beauty Never Fades"

Inspiring songs are different, though. Right now I'd say that The Gathering's "A Life All Mine" fits into that category. Garm's voice is amazing.

Posted by sabre

Mostly Autumn - Heart Life. I didn't care much for this, but just lying back, exhausted, in the front seat of the top deck of a bus, looking into the sunset... it gives it so much more vibrance and feeling, it's such a powerful, beautiful song. Ever since that it's been a pretty significant and uplifting song for me.