STUPID CUSTOMERS

Posted by Gagan

Tonight:
"It says we have two but there were none on the shelf, they may be in the warehouse."
"Oh, well where is that?" ::Customer looks around::
"Our warehouse, our stockroom?!? It's located in the back." ::Customer gives me a confused look and looks towards the back::
"Back there?"
"Well, yeah, but it's our warehouse, I'll have to go back there and look for you."
"Oh, it's outside?"
"what?!?"
.........two hours later, different shopper.....

::customer is holding a protective screen for his PSP::

"Hey man, you know about PSPs?"
"Yeah, I can help you, what's up?"
"I have a huge scratch on my PSP screen. Does this help it?"
"Well, it will prevent you from getting anymore scratches, it's a thin piece of plastic that goes across the screen."
"Oh, so it won't take out the scratches I already have on it?"what?!?"

..........half an hour later..........................

"excuse me sir?"
"yes?"
"what's the difference between an ipod and a MP3 player"what?!?"

Posted by The Judge

Where exactly do you work?

Posted by Trigger

You're not that much smarter than those customers, Gagen. Instead of dwelling on where the warehouse is, why didn't you say to the customer, "There aren't any on shelves but let me go to the back room and get the ones we have stored there for you"? They would have waited and received what they wanted. Do you even understand what kind of implication you give off to customers when you use the word 'warehouse' for a small store room at the back of your store?

The second question wasn't all that bad either; stop thinking that customers are idiots because you refuse to give them answers. There could be a number of reasons that the customer was under the impression the product could remove, fill scratches on screens or replace them entirely. The last question is probably the most sensible, considering that there is a wide range of MP3 players on the market and different types of iPods, some of which support video playback. The customer asked you what the difference between the two were, and it shouldn't have been that difficult of a question for you to answer. There are many factors that make each MP3 player different from each other, and even more that make them vary from an iPod.

Stop answering everything with "what?!" just because you expect every person who walks into your store to know everything about every product you have. It's part of your training to inform them, not to say "what?!" and then call them idiots online because you were too lazy to help them properly. I seriously hope you didn't register at this forum just to bitch about something you thought to be idiotic and believed you were superior about. It's no wonder people ask questions like that at some point; they don't know everything and they've probably had to deal with complete incompetent staff like you before, who never gave them a straight answer.

My simple advice: shut the fuck up.

Posted by Klarth

"Hi, I'd like some help with my iPod."
"YOU NEED HELP WITH YOUR IPOD? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

That's pretty much how it is with this guy, it seems. :/

Posted by Ant

The thought of it actually happening like that would be pretty funny. But he does have a point...in the fact that your average day customer is a retard. And if he works at Wal-Mart you can double it.

Posted by Linko_16

Considering that your customer doesn't work at your store, accept the fact that they probably don't know as much about the products as you do. Yeah, it seems pretty basic to most people that an iPod is an mp3 player, but a person who distances themselves from popular culture wouldn't know. There is no door-to-door electronics informant.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, just accept the fact that customers DON'T know as much about the products you're selling. It's not their job to know, which is why they're asking you - whose job it IS to know. No point in getting flustered over it.

Posted by Kodachi

This man is no Gord.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Kodachi: This man is no Gord.

Amy, when someone asks you if you're a Gord, you say YES![/*******]

Threadwise though, shut up dude. If I had a dollar for everytime someone came into my store and asked me what the difference between a wal-mart guitar and the guitars we sell, I could retire right now.

edit:
Wow, I didn't know the name Win-ston was censored

Posted by Shin-Ra

Stupid customers and their wanting to buy things and asking questions, forcing you to communicate with them and semi-work. GOSH!

Posted by Speedfreak

Fuck all of you guys. Theres a difference between not knowing about products and not realising a screen protector won't fix a screen that's already scratched.

Posted by Ant

Now now, we all know that the customer is ALWAYS right...!

Quoted post: **** all of you guys. Theres a difference between not knowing about products and not realising a screen protector won't fix a screen that's already scratched.

At least that question ALMOST makes sense. I've heard a lot worse. But it's not so much the fact that it's an obvious answer, but the fact that this guy is getting upset because some customer doesn't know what he knows.

Posted by fig roll

OK so what if a customer comes up to you and says "i want bord" what do you say to that?
a couple of weeks ago some lady came up to me and said "i want bord" i gave her a worried look and said "excuse me" then she looked at me as if i was retarded and said, "give me bord" i was trying not to sound stupid and asked "what do you mean bord" she responded by saying "I need it from nomber 3, can you get me bord" i said "i dont know what your talking about" and she started to shout at me, she said "its your job to help people" i dont know if she thought i was jesus, i just work at morisons, and she walked off in a mood.
I have been dreading her coming back in since, she hasn't yet.
thats a true story and i'm still confused about it all now.
How was that customer right and what was she right about?

Posted by Klarth

What is bord?

Posted by Kodachi

I think that was the point.

Posted by fig roll

exactly!!!

Posted by Klarth

Perhaps she meant board. In which case he could have sold her some board.

Literacy helps.

She was clearly a hooker looking for some sex. Hence "bord". Did she look like a hooker, or what someone in the hooker trade would usually look like? I bet she did, I do.

Posted by fig roll

first, we dont sell board, and second no she didn't look like a hooker, she was just some mad woman.

Posted by Klarth

Is it that hard to just tell her that you don't sell board?

Posted by fig roll

yes.

anyway she didn't want board, she wanted bord and she wanted it from number 3, and yes i have checked isle number 3 since then and that is just a load of kitchen roll and tin foil.
If she ever does come in again i'll ask her what she ment.

Did she have an accent?

Posted by fig roll

no not that i can remember, i was too distracted by her stupid questions

Posted by Klarth

[quote]anyway she didn't want board, she wanted bord
So you can tell how people are misspelling things when they pronounce them?

Alrighty then.

Posted by fig roll

yes its a gift i have.

but seriously you should have herd her, she wasn't with it at all and even if she did mean board she was in the wrong shop.

Quoted post: but seriously you should have herd her,

Oh I get it, she was a sheep! No wonder you couldn't understand her.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

No. She was a cow. Oh, the pun!

Anyway. iPods and mp3 players. You'd be surprised how many people don't know the difference - or rather, think the difference is more substantial than it is. Not only is every DAP referred to as an 'iPod' - in fact, if you go into most tech shops and ask about their DAPs, they'll say 'what?' - if you go into a shop and ask for an 'mp3 player' you'll get the crappy 256Mb USB stick things. Things like my Gigabeat just aren't widely known, and it's because iPods are overstaurated to the point where people don't realise that it's a brand name, they think it's just a collective name for something that plays a crapload of music, rather than an iPod being a particular brand of mp3 player.

But yeah. You do get people asking if Halo will work on the PS2, and stuff. When I worked in the pound shop I used to get people asking me the price of stuff all the time.

Wings out.

Posted by Stalolin

I work as a cashier, and it's my belief that when people shop, their IQ is cut in half.