Mario Party 2

Posted by -Fierce_Deity_Link-

Last night I completed Mario Party 2 on our N64. I was Yoshi going against Mario, Wario and Luigi. I won with 3 Stars! If I still had my Gamecube, I would get Mario Party 7 for sure!! Bowser Land is so simple. I stole a star from Mario...

Posted by Xero

MP 2 was a fun game. Its actually the one I prefered in the pile.

Posted by Dexter

I'm not sure what Mario Party I liked best for the Nintendo 64. I actually get them confused with each other. I'd have to play through them all a bit sometime and find out which one I enjoy the most. Give myself some time to distinguish all their differences. Out of all the Mario Party games however, I probably enjoy 7 the most.

We've had the urge to play the Nintendo 64 Mario Party games lately, but every time we're about to go back and play them we get the desire to play number 7 some more. We're having too much fun with that game. I'm sure our excitement with it will weaken with time, then we'll be able to play some of the old ones. By the time we're done playing through some of the old ones, the excitement to play the new one will most likely return.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Dexter: I'm not sure what Mario Party I liked best for the Nintendo 64. I actually get them confused with each other.

Thats because they have the same games...and some new ones. They also have the same characters in the 1&2 and the rest I dunno anymore...

Mario Party 7. I want!

Posted by Dexter

I recommend it if you are a fan of the Mario Party games. I've enjoyed the series tremendously, even though there were a few disappointments along the way, such as Mario Party 4. Who do you guys play with? The people you play games with makes a huge difference. I couldn't imagine enjoying the Mario Party games without the people I play it with. I probably wouldn't even bother with them if I didn't have anyone to play them with.

I usually play them with my family. My nephews love the games and my sister can easily tolerate it. We'll go to the movies together and get a strong urge for the film to end so we can rush back home and play Mario Party. We usually get a game in a week, although we usually only have enough time to set it on 10 turns. We need to have more pajama parties and play a 50 turn game. I've never had the opportunity to do a 50 turn battle on Mario Party 7.

I can't get Mario Party 7. I don't own a Gamecube. I would still love to play it though.

Posted by Xero

So why dont you buy a GC? Nothing's stopping you from getting one. Lots of good games on that system ;)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Money I bet. That tends to stop quite a few people. Even at, what, thirty dollars? Who can afford thirty dollars for a Gamecube? Not I, sir, not I.

And every MP after 3 sucked. So MP2 was fairly fun. Though it was no MP1 - The only game to ever destroy both of my hands. Once my left was gone, my right took over. Took weeks to heal. But by God, it was worth it.

Posted by Xero

Your right... the GC is still quite expensive. Its what now? 200$

Nothing stays worthy for long. Even the Xbox360! Where I am, I dont hear anything about it anymore. No commercials, no articles on the newspaper. Nothing from my friends...

Quoted post: Your right... the GC is still quite expensive. Its what now? 200$

Nothing stays worthy for long. Even the Xbox360! Where I am, I dont hear anything about it anymore. No commercials, no articles on the newspaper. Nothing from my friends...

Funny thing is, I bet more people would buy a GC if it actually was 200 bucks. Otherwise it wouldn't be like "twenty bucks?! Toys are stupid LOL!".

And you don't hear about the 360 anymore because there's no games for it. It's in post-launch mode. Just like all consoles, it's pretty much dead until a few months have gone by... which should end around March.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro:

And you don't hear about the 360 anymore because there's no games for it. It's in post-launch mode. Just like all consoles, it's pretty much dead until a few months have gone by... which should end around March.

I know. This system dint get any games, because they are all on the Xbox. No companies want their games on that system cuz they think its money waist...I wont mind if it ends there.

Posted by Chrono

I think that Mario Party games are fun. My family has been having a good time playing Mario Party. Seven is a very good game in the series because it has a microphone, and that microphone is just amazing. It really puts a new twist on the game. Microphone are an ingenious device in themselves, has anyone ever wondered what the world would be like without microphones? I don't want to think I about it. The series overall has been fun, it definitely was revolutionary when it came out. Before Mario Party came out there was no board video games, after Mario Party came out there were many. I thought that Nintendo would sue, but I guess that they did not want to bother. I'm glad they chose not too because that would have been a very bad mistake. Mario Party 1 had some fun minigames. So did Mario Party 6. Actually they all had fun minigames. Mario Part 2 really had some great boards, but I think Mario party 6 had the most imaginary. They must have really put alot of time into making those. I'd like to be a Mario Party board designer someday, that would be a superb job. I already have many good ideas, I would send them to Nintendo but then they would not have any reason to hire me someday. I hope they are still making Mario Party games once I am out of college.

Sometimes me and my family spend hours playing Mario party. We'll be watching TV and then suddenly I will have this massive urge to play Mario Party. It's kind of weird but it happens to my family at the same time too. they'll be like "I was just about to say that!" when I suggest that we play Mario Party. It's really great.

See, that's great. Pretty much what the games were meant for. But it's just a shame they aren't trying to do more with the series. There's a lot of potential, but they all seem to be pretty much the same, without straying much from the basic elements. I don't expect a complete revision, but something that make it seem new and fun, not rehashed and old.

Posted by D.J Cat

Mario Party 2 was great fun, and in fact next time we play it, great fun will be had.

The boards were great, the costumes were fun (Indiana Donkey Kong Jones...)
The Battle mode and the Duel mode were introduced and are the best in the series that I have played.

Mario Party 1 had the best mini games, and was also enjoyable, except for the control stick spinning games.
We just don't do them. The most you'll lose over 20 turns is usually no more than 10-20 coins and its fun so who cares?

Now I want to play some Party 1 or 2.

I'll have to try and make it happen over the next week or so. :cool:

Posted by Corrupt

I've actually never played the original Mario Party, I'm afraid to say; although I'd love to pick up a copy of the game soon and play it. I'm sure it'd be just as good (if not better) than Mario Party 2, which is my current favorite. That was the first one I got, and the one that I'm most familiar with. I'll also have to pick up MP 3 sometime, which I've heard is great as well. And to be honest, I actually liked MP 5; I don't know why. I just wish I could find it under all the stuff that's piled up in my room.

Oh yeah, and as for MP 6 & 7... I'll probably just be steering clear of those. No use in wasting $40-50 on them when I'd be better off buying the old ones for N64, anyway.

Mario Party 2 is good to play when your tired! It's so boring, it makes me want to sleep......

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I only played MP2 once. I rented it when it came out for like a week. It was pretty fun but I never bought it. For some reason I liked MP1 better.

For the gamecube, I enjoy playing MP5. :D

Posted by D.J Cat

Quoting -Fierce_Deity_Link-: Mario Party 2 is good to play when your tired! It's so boring, it makes me want to sleep......

The Mario Party games aern't all that great for single player mode...

Well we played Mario Party 1 the other day.
It was pretty fun although I would have rather done a different level to Wario's Battle Canyon.
I won after stealing a star and then getting another one off a chance time ( I actually took my time and aimed for the result i wanted rather than just jumping up and hitting them) in the one turn.

We always used to get very excited about Chance Time, mostly cause its fun and all that stuff...

Posted by Saihig

I think I like 3 the best of all. 7 I think I hate the most because of the random bonus stars at the end (you can get a star for something really dumb), those mike game spaces (you can double your money so effortlessly), and I hate how duels work in 7. No longer being able to decide what you want to bet. I like some of seven's boards though.

But one thing I really wish they would bring back which was only in the first Mario Party is the ability to take coins from other players in some of the normal mini-games.

Posted by Dexter

I've been playing 8 and the handicap crap is horrible. They'll always help out who's in last place and it makes it so dumb. They believe that if they can keep it even towards the end it'll make the game more intense but once you catch on it takes the charm out of it because you know you're not even because of your abilities but because it is hacked to work that way. Terrible method.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Dexter: I've been playing 8 and the handicap crap is horrible. They'll always help out who's in last place and it makes it so dumb.

Aw I remember back when I played MP 3. When I played on the Stamp Quest, it seemed like the 3 computers were against me.

I had about 15 coins and the other comps had over 20 (basically, I was 4th) and one of them got to the ghost and decided to steal my coins instead of someone else. I was ****ed at this "ganking" strategy.

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, the game is extremely rigged up to help computer, or you if you are awfully sucky, making single player extremely lame. I would never tolerate it except that it is the only way to unlock a few things (Hammer Bro and Blooper). At least the mini-games are still fun with human players. I'd suggest never playing any of the new Mario Party games alone, for that is automatic defeat. Hopefully they improve upon 9.

Posted by Xero

Playing MP alone has always been lame. It's like playing Monopoly alone at home. You need friends. Computers are programmed to do certain things. They become predictable.

Posted by Arcadios

Mario Party 2 was the best Mario Party installment to date in my opinion. None of the others left me wanting for more like 2. I wish I still had mine. ;_;

Posted by Xero

Quoting Arcadios: Mario Party 2 was the best Mario Party installment to date in my opinion. None of the others left me wanting for more like 2. I wish I still had mine. ;_;

Agreed.

What was your favourite "world" in it? Mine was Horror Land ( I hope I still remember the name :p:). I loved going to that giant Big-boo and steal everyone's money. I even stole 3 stars once. Made me win the game by far.

Posted by Saihig

I also hate how in 1v3 minigames, if two people lose but one person wins on the three team, they all get 10 coins. I say the people who win/survive should get ten while the others just get 5 or something. Two people can just do nothing and let the thrid do all the work alot of the times.