The all-mighty Googler

Posted by basterd

[url]www.slashdot.com[/url] has a right up.
Google.org to Spend an Initial $1.1 Billion

"Google.org, the charitable branch of Google, has hired on Dr. Larry Brilliant to create a strategy for
making a 'social impact.' According to the article: 'The network will focus its charitable endeavors on global poverty,
energy, and the environment.' Brilliant outlines his goal: 'In 10 years, I'd like people to say Google changed the world
less for its search engine than for the way in which it changed philanthropy to make the world a better place."

Google in my opion isn't all its cracked up to be. I rather use yahoo but when yahoo doesn't have what I want I use Google,Evan stocks say that they suck. What do you think is in the future for google and A microsoft based company. Bill Gates might have billions of dollers but how long is it going to last?

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Dr. Larry Brilliant?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Google, as in the company that worked with the Chinese government in order to stifle free speech in exchange for the growing Chinese internet market?

Yeah, I think they might be know for how they changed the world, but I dont think that it will be for the better.

Posted by basterd

HAHAH thats what I said. In the monty python voice"Brilliant" now for something completly diffrent.

Posted by Lord of Spam

ENGLISH, MOTHER F*CKER

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Perhaps, but he doesn't type it.

And neither do you, on occasion.

I always use Google.

Quoting Lord of Spam: ENGLISH, MOTHER F*CKER

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

lol Boondocks.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Wings: lol Boondocks.

Samuel L. Jackson.

And the circle is completed.

Who was it who mistakenly said that before, anyway?

Posted by Trigger

I always use Google and they currently provide more useful features for Internet users than just a search engine. They've yet to charge for the services they offer, either and not to mention that Google AdSense pays you to use the service. Of course, it's only granted to you based on whether your desired place has enough traffic to be worthy of their advertisement space but still, it is there. I have no problem with Google, and the things that they do.

I've got a few friends who've had Google spaz out on them before paying them their cheque for AdSense, claiming they're using a clickbot and just downright refusing the payments.

Posted by Trigger

That isn't such a big deal, though. They aren't losing anything from not receiving a payment or so, are they? Any money that they do get from Google, if at all, is more than they would have had if they didn't use AdSense.

True. Except they never get anything, seeing as it's the first payment, get banned from AdSense, and Google's just got money for free.

Unscrupulous, Holmes!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Who was it who mistakenly said that before, anyway?

I thought it was you. And I believe it was me who corrected you.

What, no. LoS said the line he did in this thread, I followed it with 'WHAT AIN'T NO COUNTRY I EVER HEARD OF' and someone else said 'lol Boondocks'. And then you corrected them before I could.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Oh, I remember correcting someone, and I know you were involved. It was probably Shade though. In fact, I'm pretty certain it was.