RPG/Store hacks poll.

Posted by Jesse Smith

This quote got me wanting it again...

Quoting Hyper: Uh, I can name one site off the top of my head that was an RPG forum that had tons of stats and panels and items and full RPG Creator System integration. Fun times until the admin banned me becuase he was(is) a moron.

You think the boards are dead??!! This'll live things up! For the RPG hack, were not talking about just stats, but more like an RPG section with...

RPG CP

Posted by Lord of Spam

I voted no, cuz I think its retarded.:(

Posted by Jesse Smith

Your spam, so your opinion doesn't count!! :D

Posted by brownoystercult

Quoting Lord of Spam: I voted no, cuz I think its retarded.:(

I agree!

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting Roinkz: I agree!

I second that.

Posted by Linko_16

When we got the RPG stats before, I recall it being said we'd use them for actual battles. I never thought that sounded like a great idea, and I still don't. If the stats would just be there for good looks, like before, then go for it.

Posted by Trigger

Lord of Spam speaks truth. I third that.

Posted by Xero

I voted for the RPG only. I use to like that thing. It was entertainning.

Posted by Fate

I thought they were fun.

Posted by Klarth

Wait, discount my vote. The "rpg hack" is something completely different to what I thought it was. :/

Posted by Xero

What did you think it was?

Posted by Klarth

Just the RPG bars from the vB2.

Posted by Fate

What the hell. That's what they are!

Posted by sniper

I've been to boards with this before. It really just encourages spam to gain money to buy crap.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Fate: What the hell. That's what they are!

No. No, it's not.

http://demo.infernotechnologies.net/

Log in on there (username test, password test) and go into the RPG drop down menu.

RPG bars I'd be fine with. This on the other hand is just tat.

Posted by The Judge

Oh, whoops. I voted for RPG bars that show stats based on post count and rep (and join date) like on VB2. If it's that, then I stick with my vote. If it's something else that involves shops and stuff, I'm against it.

Posted by Xero

If its gonna be like that, then I prefere we stay with that rep system...

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting The Judge: Oh, whoops. I voted for RPG bars that show stats based on post count and rep (and join date) like on VB2.

Bah!!! Do you even read posts!!!! Read da first post again!!!!! :D

Posted by Proto Man

I want the old RPG bars from VB2 please.

Posted by Zeta

Yeah, the VB2 RPG bars. That other thing is just overkill.

Posted by GameMiestro

Add both.

Posted by Axis

Seeing as how boring this place can get, I don't see why not.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Because it will encourage the types of people that would make Jesse happy.

And when Jesse is happy, we all lose.

Posted by Shade

I don't get why people are saying no, it's fun. :(

Posted by Lord of Spam

http://vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=201287&postcount=23

Posted by Jesse Smith

I don't know!! When I get what I want, activity goes up, and we all win!!! :D

Case in point: That week long flame war....I made that public out here knowing activity would explode and you guys would have an all out flame war. :D You did, and board activity exploded. From about 300 posts a day to as high as 900. Now you guys made up, are the best of friends again, and activity is still high. Been around 700 posts a day since the war ended. Who needs board changes when a massive war will fix it!! :D:D Da wacko knows how to fix things, even if da method of doing it looks crazy to an intelligent normal human!!! :D:D

Posted by KoF

Quoting Jesse Smith: That week long flame war....

Darn, I missed it. Please start another one!

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting KoF: Darn, I missed it. Please start another one!

K, the whole "I'm the best flamer since KoH" was really cute for the first....3 seconds from the first time you posted but...srlsy come one.

Anyway, I say we bring back both RPG and Store to see how it fares this time. Plus it'll give us a little bit more to do then just post and post and post.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Yeah, sure. It'll attract new members who'll spam up the boards and turn into decent posters.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Shin-Ra: Yeah, sure. It'll attract new members who'll spam up the boards and turn into decent posters.

Mods better keep on their toes then.:cool:

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Roger Smith: Mods better keep on their toes then.:cool:

On the boards not relating to music or movies, probably. It'll only be for a short time though, because the people I was talking about will be mods soon enough. C'mon we all know that's the way it works.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Shin-Ra: On the boards not relating to music or movies, probably. It'll only be for a short time though, because the people I was talking about will be mods soon enough. C'mon we all know that's the way it works.

Yes. Yes we do.

[spoiler]Best post ever btw.[/spoiler]

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting KoF: Darn, I missed it. Please start another one!

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=11101

Spend a day reading that thread!!!

Guys, he wants me to bring back the flame board to generate a lot of wars!!!! :D:D

Posted by Xero

Quoting Lord of Spam:

And when Jesse is happy, we all lose.

Oh well game over...

Posted by Jesse Smith

Preview.
http://www.vgchat.com/inferno.php?do=Profile
Not completly up yet. I still got changes to do, like add stuff to the special item store. Then I'll add the header link to the page, and a link to stats in the posts. Your stats page'll look like
http://www.vgchat.com/inferno.php?do=ScanMember&id=1

I don't think we'll need the store hack, with all this stuff!!!

Sign-up now and start collecting gold. Posting get's you five pieces each time, and starting a thread gives you 10 gold. :D:D:D:D

Then of course there's the battle area!!!

Posted by Ant

Join the Vegans guild!

Posted by Klarth

i challenge FLAME GHOST to a BUDOKAI

Posted by Xero

Looks good. I created a character. I'll start doing battles eventually.

Posted by Klarth

Hah, Jesse called his character Ragnar.

Rep for anyone who remembers the old mod of the test board. :D

Posted by Arczu

Well then, I guess things shouls be getting interesting from now on.

...or something like that...

Posted by Shin-Ra

Beware of Lord Dentyne Ice and his evil Icy Grimfist of Doom! Dexter, create a character so we can have another barbaric showdown that'll surely cause Fenris to break his chains and bring about the end of all existence.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Klarth: Hah, Jesse called his character Ragnar.

Rep for anyone who remembers the old mod of the test board. :D

Let me guess...Night owl?

I'm ready accept a challenge from anyone. But I'll probably lose...

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Flame ghost]Let me guess...Night owl?
YOU GUESSED WRONG. By a wide, wide margin of NEARLY THREE YEARS.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Klarth: YOU GUESSED WRONG. By a wide, wide margin of NEARLY THREE YEARS.

I know what you're talking about, so I demand rep. Now.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Klarth: YOU GUESSED WRONG. By a wide, wide margin of NEARLY THREE YEARS.

Then it must be you under the name of majesty at first and then under klarth, you moded that board ;)

Posted by Klarth

...That is the most incorrect thing you have ever said, by a supernaturally wide margin.

Posted by The Judge

Was it Iris?

Was it me? I never know when Jesse mods me for a few hours.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Klarth: Hah, Jesse called his character Ragnar.

Remember Dragon Warrior 4 from the NES!! He's my favorite RPG character!! :D

Posted by Mystic Hero

Hmm wasn't the old mod DJ Cat? Or was he just mod of the Intro board at that time. Meh my memory is cloudy.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Should I call the money 'Wackler', or just plain 'Gold'!! :D

Posted by Red

Quoting Jesse Smith: This quote got me wanting it again...

You think the boards are dead??!! This'll live things up! For the RPG hack, were not talking about just stats, but more like an RPG section

before I made the thread about bringing the RPG stats back I made another one about having an RPG game where u could buy things too ( this was before the Arcade hack ) I enjoy the Idea of this and I would love to have both store and RPG hack.
oh an money should most definetly be called Wackler

Posted by Jesse Smith

A sub-RPG board's been added, [url=http://www.vgchat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=159]RPG Inferno Message Board[/url].

Posted by Zeta

How about VGCurrency?

...Lame idea? >>;

Posted by The Judge

We use the Euro.

Posted by basterd

I JUST noticed the RPG inferno. Now I have a reason to stay up all night. I think the wackler should just be gold. Well im going to work on my charter, I couldn't think of a name from a RPG besides zelda so I just came up with a random name. Props to jesse.

Posted by Ch

Sorry guys, but can someone explain this whole RPG thing to me? I've read all three pages of complete bickering and I still don't have a clue as to what it does for me. :(

Posted by The Judge

Nor I. Just click that link that says RPG Stats on your name and figure it out.

Posted by The Judge

How lame! Due to my lack of Windows XP or 2000, I can't use the RPG thing!

I'm sad now. :(

Posted by Lord of Spam

Haha, Judge has a small internet penis after all:cool:

Posted by The Judge

No, just a crappy computer.

Posted by Jesse Smith

How does the computer keep you from using it??!!

It's take a few days to figure this stuff out!!! I can't even win a battle...or get hurt from the Gollum!!!!!

Posted by The Judge

I don't have the necessary "plugin" (as my computer calls it) to run whatever battle simulation you've set up. When I click whatever is indicative of the screen I'm supposed to be seeing, the download window only allows for MAC's and Windows 2000/XP. I have 98, so I'm screwed.

Posted by Raptor

More pathetic hacks that further distract members from contributing to or introducing marginally interesting topics. Just what VGC needed. :rolleyes:

Posted by Ant

It'll get old after a month, maybe shorter. Like the Arcade!

Posted by Dexter

That's what I expect. At first I had the same worry as Raptor, but I accepted that it couldn't possibly be that powerful of a distraction. It may just be interesting and enjoyable enough to encourage more members to join and stay, but not so interesting to fully distract member's contributions. It is a tricky, unpredictable situation that I am willing to dive into. Embrace the change, call upon new additions and ideas, and watch the mystery unfold. Remember, we could always get rid of it, assuming Jesse will listen to the majority of votes.

Posted by Raptor

It actually doesn't bother me personally one bit. During the few minutes per every other day I come around here, I'll ignore it just as easily as I do the arcade. That is, unless idiots start asking what RPG Stats mean in every other thread.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Raptor: More pathetic hacks that further distract members from contributing to or introducing marginally interesting topics.

News flash, this just in: You get gold and experience when you post, and more gold when you start threads. Battle isn't da only way to get this stuff!!! :D

[quote=Da Judge]I don't have the necessary "plugin"

Try a few different browsers. Firefox, Netscape...*gag*...IE.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Jesse Smith: News flash, this just in: You get gold and experience when you post, and more gold when you start threads. Battle isn't da only way to get this stuff!!! :D

This doesn't make us feel better, Jesse. :(

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Jesse Smith: News flash, this just in: You get gold and experience when you post, and more gold when you start threads. Battle isn't da only way to get this stuff!!! :D

Lame.

Posted by Xero

I dunno how to start a battle. the first that tells me wins an easy victory to beat my character.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Start out down at the Gollums!!!

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Jesse Smith: Try a few different browsers. Firefox, Netscape...*gag*...IE.

Done, and still doesn't work.

Posted by Ant

The only prompt I got for a plug-in was for quicktime to play the lame battle music... :/

Posted by Jesse Smith

That's the only thing I can think of that would generate a plug-in message. Yah, try it with no music!!!

Posted by Xero

Thanx jesse. I'll try to make a battle.

Posted by The Judge

I'll try it when I get home. Perhaps I'll screenshot it if I'm missing something.

Posted by Xero

ok jesse! It worked! Did my first battle. I won easily. I need more challenge here :D

Posted by Jesse Smith

Pad your post count and ye shall get more gold and experience. :D

And don't forget to collect your daily pay!!!!

Posted by Xero

Did that. I found a lot of stuff by clicking around. The hardest part is to get an opponent.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Over the next week or two it'll get easior to find a bot to fight, as people level up!

Posted by Xero

yay. I saw you could gain EXP with posts too. My EXP is going up by itself even If I dont fight.

Posted by Klarth

So, when's the store coming?

Posted by Jesse Smith

I don't think it'll be added!!!

Posted by Xero

awww too bad...

I reached level 3! Next step level 4 and new items in the shop :D

Posted by Jesse Smith

er how are you at level 4 with only 48 battles!!!! I'm at level 3 with 180 battles!!! er let me guess, you did a lot of posting!!! :D

Posted by Xero

Not that much. I was at 615 posts when you started the RPG. I fight bots and I win cash, and I fight hard bosses. I never fought gollum. Only hammer brother, xeni and metroid.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Klarth: Rep for anyone who remembers the old mod of the test board. :D

Ragnar!! :D