RPG/Store hacks poll.

Posted by Jesse Smith

This quote got me wanting this stuff...

Quoting Hyper: Uh, I can name one site off the top of my head that was an RPG forum that had tons of stats and panels and items and full RPG Creator System integration. Fun times until the admin banned me becuase he was(is) a moron.

You think the boards are dead??!! This'll live things up! For the RPG hack, were not talking about just stats, but more like an RPG section with...

RPG CP

Posted by Xenos

Hey sounds fun! That is ... If I get a ... bonus.

Posted by Ant

Yeah sure let's go for it.

Posted by Hyper

RPG I won't mind much, but leave out the store.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, maybe the place will brighten up a bit.

Posted by Iris

Yeah, store is way unnecessary. The RPG hack is fine, but I'm against having any sort of forum-currency. :-/ It'd be worse than rep. The HP, MP, and EXP bars are the only things that should be implemented.

Posted by Xenos

Well, it will generate post! And make this place more fun, but I dunno. I don't really care for it.

Posted by Hyper

...do we really want posts that are made just for the sake of more VGC$/exp. points or whatever?

Posted by Jesse Smith

The store hack has stuff like changing other peoples titles, avatars, sticking a thread, unsticking a thread, bumping a thread, unbumping a thread back a day and so on.

Look at the RPG demo at

http://demo.infernotechnologies.net/

When you post, the only thing that shows up in the thread page related to the hack is a link to your RPG profile page.

Posted by Ant

Oh yeah...I remember that on gameover. Eh, I don't think that would go over so well here.

Posted by Xenos

Quoting Hyper: ...do we really want posts that are made just for the sake of more VGC$/exp. points or whatever?

I don't, but Jesse probably would. I am not saying anything really, other than it would make a lot of posts ...

Posted by Dexter

I say we should try out both of them. Give them some time and see how they do. After we observe the alterations, then we can decide weather or not to keep them or not. It isn't that difficult to remove them once we decided it is not for the better. I'm interested in seeing how both of them turns out.

Posted by Jesse Smith

With vBulletin 3.5.X, it's MUCH easior to add and delete hacks. There's a lot LESS changes that you have to do. I don't think I've had to edit a single script to install any of the current hacks!!!! Upload file, and maybe change template and database.

Posted by Dexter

Well, Jesse, as long as you're willing to get rid of it if it was voted away, then I have no problem with it. Let's try them out and see how they work. Remember to super mod me.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er u a naughty hacker!!! There 4 u not a Super Mod!!!!

Posted by Dexter

But I was voted in. I won the poll by 4 votes!

My hacking days are over. Curr the what?

Posted by Klarth

RPG bars would be fun, but store is a no-no.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Xenos: Jesse probably would.

And remember what you all were complaining about last week. More posts are good. :D

Posted by Fate

To avoid spam posts, just oust the post count for blogs, if they count right now. I say yes to the RPG stuff, no to the stores.

Posted by maian

I don't like the idea of having to spend "money" to change my avatar or title. The idea of n00bs spending points to sticky their threads is frightening as well.

Yes to RPG, no to store.

Posted by sabre

Store, no. RPG, no.

Posted by Shin-Ra

"Yeah, sure. It'll attract new members who'll spam up the boards and turn into decent posters."

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Woah, voted before I tried it. (edits vote) That RPG hack is crap. The MP/HP/Exp./Level thing we had before on vB2 was fine. It added something different, and didn't cause an overwhelming problem, other than people making multipule page threads to raise their level. That and people constantly asking how it worked. All easily solved by the delete button. Anyway, this one is just way too envolved, considering we're not actually using it for Role Playing purposes. If you can find one like the old one we had, then yes, otherwise, no.

As for the store hack, just no, never.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Oh my!! This is HUGE!!! 2.5 Megs of stuff!!! :D *Uploading it now!*

Posted by Jesse Smith

It's all installed, the lite version. Now I ordered the pro verison with more stuff and am uploading that.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Preview.
http://www.vgchat.com/inferno.php?do=Profile
Not completly up yet. I still got changes to do, like add stuff to the Store. Then I'll add the header link to the page, and a link to stats in the posts. Your stats page'll look like
http://www.vgchat.com/inferno.php?do=ScanMember&id=1

I don't think we'll need the store hack, with all this stuff!!!

Posted by Klarth

so, uh, where do we see our gold in this ubergay game?

Posted by Jesse Smith

'Ragnar has 235 Wackler & 0 Wackler in the bank'. :D But I like that name. pze don't tell me to call it gold!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Hyper

ugh...

I didn't know you meant RPGInferno when I voted. I thought you meant those rpg stat bars.

oh well.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er..does ANYONE read complete posts these days!!! :D

[quote]RPG CP

Posted by Shin-Ra

How about adding the rpg stats anyway since most of us voted for it? I dunno if it's possible to put the actual stats from the game itself, but either way, a great deal of us voted for the little aesthetic addition.

Posted by Jesse Smith

I don't know. Then those that voted and read the post would complain...THAT'S NOT WHAT I VOTED FOR!!!! :D I'm not even sure if that hack's been converted to 3.5.