Super Metroid Remake?

Posted by -Fierce_Deity_Link-

I really loved that game, I wish Nintendo would make a remake of it for DS. Right now I am listening to Brinstar music from that great game. If they ever do make a remake of it I'll buy it staight away!

Posted by Zeta

Remake? No. Port? Yes!

Posted by Fox_McCloud

Quoting Zeta: Remake? No. Port? Yes!

For DS?

Posted by Zeta

Duh. I highly doubt it'd be released on PSP.

Posted by Fox_McCloud

How much does it cost? Is it avalible in Australia?

Posted by Klarth

Jesus. :(

Posted by Pit

Remake with the same physics. A port would just be lazy of them. Considering that Zero missions graphics are way better, I'd like to see Super Metroid remade with a "new" look, yet control wise, the same.

Or, if they do decide to change the controls like they did in Zero Mission, make the enemies as strong as the enemies in zero Mission hard mode, and faster, and harder bosses, cause Zero Mission was ridiculously easy on all aspects.

Zero Mission does look good.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Remake with the same physics. A port would just be lazy of them. Considering that Zero missions graphics are way better, I'd like to see Super Metroid remade with a "new" look, yet control wise, the same.

Or, if they do decide to change the controls like they did in Zero Mission, make the enemies as strong as the enemies in zero Mission hard mode, and faster, and harder bosses, cause Zero Mission was ridiculously easy on all aspects.

I completely agree with this post. They can't just port. Fans will expect something along the lines of Zero Mission, and it'll be disappointing if we end up with something that's pretty dated at this point. Plus, they're obviously going to charge full price for it. And why would I pay full when I own the original or can download the original for free?

And yeah, definitely needs to be harder.

What game is Zero Mission a remake of?

Posted by Pit

Quoting -Fierce_Deity_Link-: What game is Zero Mission a remake of?

The original metroid.

And I agree with Vampiro, I mean, if you think about it, a port would be useless. If I'm not mistaken, Zero Mission included environments present in Super Metroid, meaning, that the Zebes in Super Metroid would have to be similar to the one in Super Metroid. I mean, in Super Metroid when you g back to zebes, you see Mother Brains lair destroyed, but that was the lair in the original Metroid, with the same platforms.

In Zero Mission, the platforms to climb your way to the top were different, and not to mention it was graphically better.

Only proplem with Zero Mission was that the enemies were large and detailed, which is visually impressive whereas the ones in Super Metroid were small (and some large) but retained the speed to the NES counterparts. What Zero Mission did was try to make the game more fair and focus on exploration rather than wasting your time on the enemies, whereas in Super Metroid, not only was exploration a factor, but not dying was another. And if Super Metroid is to be remade, that has to be kept in tact. Zero Mission you can jump over enemies and run through em... but not super. Well, unless you're like me and play the game over 100 times and memorize the map, but i doubt the majority of people do that.

Make the game harder, add some more passageways, make the game larger, boost up the soundtrack, make Ridley bigger, meaner, faster, don't make Kraid look silly, and... make it live to the original, that's all I'm asking for.

I want the classic remake of Metroid for GBA. They have all of the old NES games remaked. I had the orginal Super Mario Bros. and my brother has the NES Zelda. They are good games.

Posted by Pit

Why would you buy it when you unlock it in Zero Mission? just beat the game on normal (or easy) and you unlock the regular metroid.

1. I don't own a Gamecube
2. I don't own Zero Mission

I would do it if I still had my Gamecube. But I don't have Zero Mission either.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: 1. I don't own a Gamecube
2. I don't own Zero Mission

I would do it if I still had my Gamecube. But I don't have Zero Mission either.

It's on the GBA...

I know it's on the GBA. I'd rather wait until Hunters comes out. It looks really good.

Posted by Litbut

Personally, I'd rather see it have more difficulty settings and the ability to play as an armorless Samus. Same graphics, glitches and controls. Maybe a two player versus mode to see who's better at the game. As well as a graphically updated version. Either play the graphicallu updated version and unlock the classic Super Metroid with 5 levels of difficulty or so.