Sony are the new Nintendo...

Posted by Speedfreak

...of the 80s.

You thought Nintendo treated game developers like crap? Wait till you see this:

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan and KIPA (a Korean government agency that promotes IT) co-organized a business proposal PS3 event for developers in Korea.

The meeting didn

Posted by Lord of Spam

Holy god, do they WANT to go out of business?

Posted by Unite

Actually nintendo was far worse than this in 80's. nice try speedfreak

Posted by brownoystercult

Quoting Lord of Spam: Holy god, do they WANT to go out of business?

Hahaha!

Won't ever happen.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Yeah, Speedfreak. The main problem developers had with Nintendo is that when they got involved with a project that deeply, it had to be good when it was finished. This made it much, much tougher.

Oh, wait. Misread that part. Nevermind. It still won't be enough to wake up Kojima.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Wasn't this thread A LOT bigger at one point?...

Posted by Fate

While the first post had somewhat of a "decency" to it, I don't like the swarm of Coarse-like fanboys that are to come afterwards.

/staying out of it

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Unite]Actually nintendo was far worse than this in 80's. nice try speedfreak

Bullshit, Nintendo never stole IP.

Posted by Ant

Sony IS the new Nintendo. Not are...geez.

Interesting read though. Although I don't think it's going to hurt Sony in the near future. It'd take a world disaster right now to take down what Sony has established in the VG Market. Anyone game?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Prince Shondronai]Yeah, Speedfreak. The main problem developers had with Nintendo is that when they got involved with a project that deeply, it had to be good when it was finished. This made it much, much tougher.

Oh, wait. Misread that part. Nevermind. It still won't be enough to wake up Kojima.

Actually, most developers found their rating system to be really quite fair. The real problem was the fact that Nintendo was the only publisher, EVERYONE had to submit games to them in order to be published. And whenever there were shortages of chips Nintendo basically always picked their own games to be published first and dealt the remainder to developers. They also manufactured shortages of games for marketing purposes.
The former is pretty common, if unfair business sense, the latter is still common practise today. The whole system was just crap to begin with, but it was also the first of it's kind. If Nintendo didn't invent this restrictive system (which has been later refined to the system we have today) then it would've basically been Atari all over again.

Nintendo might not have had excuses to do what they did, but they had reasons most of the time. Sony have neither.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Ant]It'd take a world disaster right now to take down what Sony has established in the VG Market. Anyone game?

Like their management and corperate strategy, perhaps?

Posted by Random

Well Sony has been making critical errors lately in the gaming industry but I don't think anything that will completely kill them off.

Posted by Unite

speedfreak:

How long did you waste find this? I won't even bother checking out the links u provided. Is this how you act when your companies main system is pratically dead?

btw about those gba to gc link cables you spoke of like they were best thing since silced bread. I bought 2, were they suppose be used in like 3 games only?

Posted by Unite

Quoting Speedfreak: Like their management and corperate strategy, perhaps?

They should used Nintendo's management and corperate strategy right?

Posted by Speedfreak

Okay, are you the same Unite that used to post here or are you just using his account? You never used to type like a 2 year old.

As it happens, I wasted about 3 seconds. Someone else posted this in another board I visit. They in turn got it from Kotaku, a popular games website.

I've never spoken of the GBA/GC link cables favourably, they're fucking bulls[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it. What I have spoken favourably of is Four Swords Adventures, it's the most hilarious multiplayer game in existance.

How "my" company is doing has sod all to do with how much of a cunt Sony is being. I'd have thought that obvious.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Speedfreak: Okay, are you the same Unite that used to post here or are you just using his account? You never used to type like a 2 year old.

As it happens, I wasted about 3 seconds. Someone else posted this in another board I visit. They in turn got it from Kotaku, a popular games website.

I've never spoken of the GBA/GC link cables favourably, they're fucking bulls[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it. What I have spoken favourably of is Four Swords Adventures, it's the most hilarious multiplayer game in existance.

How "my" company is doing has sod all to do with how much of a cunt Sony is being. I'd have thought that obvious.

Aww you still blame Sony for nintendo's mangement choices.

talk to u later bed time for me ,

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Unite: Aww you still blame Sony for nintendo's mangement choices.

talk to u later bed time for me ,

?

Doesnt sound very nice at all. But thats the way the cookie crumbles [/hioooo]

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Unite]They should used Nintendo's management and corperate strategy right?

Sony - 40 quarters of conecutive losses in one or more sectors. Losing ground in all consumer electronics areas to companies like Toshiba, Samsung and Panasonic. Withdrawing from key markets. PSP hardware and software selling less than expecting. Won't see profit from PS3 for the first 2 years.

Nintendo - Profit. Profit. Profit. Regardless of sales figures.

So yes, actually. No financial adviser in their right mind would advise you to invest in Sony. Nintendo, on the other hand, are known for being extremely stable and constantly turning a profit.

Posted by Fate

So what? Are you talking about Sony the PlayStation company or Sony the entire company? You push that Sony makes more than just a PS2. That's totally irrelevant to a gaming conversation.

Posted by Speedfreak

What do you mean "so what"? I'm answering his fucking question, that's what. How the hell can you not see that?

Posted by Fate

I thought he was referring to Nintendo vs. Sony's gaming marketing strategy. :/

Posted by Speedfreak

SCE's recent strategies haven't been so intelligent either, as I stated.

Posted by Fate

I just got that you were getting into the whole company rather than Sony's gaming area only. You mentioned other companies so I was just saying that they had to do with the rest of the company. My bad. :/

Posted by Unite

Speedfreak:

Aww such anger no need to take it out on fate. You have changed over the last 2 years or so based on how gc and nintendo is doing. Nintendo bright future is little cloudly right now, so i can see why your little snappy. I'm here to free you from your hate. You need to stop looking into news about Sony, really it's not healthy. You take it so personally and your only reading articals that **** you off.

Posted by Pit

"Nintendo bright future is little cloudly right now"

Yeah those billions of dollars they have, i'm sure they'll go bankrupt any day now.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Pit: "Nintendo bright future is little cloudly right now"

Yeah those billions of dollars they have, i'm sure they'll go bankrupt any day now.

I never said anything about nintendo going bankrupt.

Posted by Pit

Nigga, if you wanna dance, I know how to tango

Posted by KoF

Quoting Unite: You take it so personally and your only reading articals that **** you off.

Get over it, although I kinda agree that he should stop reading articals and read more articles.

Either way, Sony should just quit, we know that in the end that Bill Gates will buy everyone out cause he is rich like that.

Posted by Linko_16

Companies have been doing this sort of "big fish eat little fish" thing for ages, way before it was applied to gaming. I can see some things that must be done just because Sony's a big company dealing with dozens and dozens of other companies in the same way, such as clarifying that which games get chosen for the market is entirely their decision, but I can't believe they couldn't just give the profit a fair divide.

Quoting Unite: How long did you waste find this? I won't even bother checking out the links u provided

Yeah, reading up on your interests certainly is a bother. Or just reading in general, in your case.

Last time I checked, this forum is about discussing games, not other members. You haven't actually said a word about the thread topic, just spewed crap to make your virtual penis look bigger than Speed's. Even if you are going to comment on another member's reaction to the topic at hand, you could do so without making a huge *** of yourself.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Linko_16: Companies have been doing this sort of "big fish eat little fish" thing for ages, way before it was applied to gaming. I can see some things that must be done just because Sony's a big company dealing with dozens and dozens of other companies in the same way, such as clarifying that which games get chosen for the market is entirely their decision, but I can't believe they couldn't just give the profit a fair divide.

Yeah, reading up on your interests certainly is a bother. Or just reading in general, in your case.

Last time I checked, this forum is about discussing games, not other members. You haven't actually said a word about the thread topic, just spewed crap to make your virtual penis look bigger than Speed's. Even if you are going to comment on another member's reaction to the topic at hand, you could do so without making a huge *** of yourself.

Aww coming to aid of speedfreak , well linko your right this forum should be about discussing games. As you can see both of his threads are not about the games but are about how Sony dose business.

Quoting Speedfreak: Bullshit, Nintendo never stole IP.

Tetris. They did steal Tetris. As we all know, though, they didn't manage to get a complete and total stranglehold on it.

As for the topic, Nintendo's "mistakes" have been common conversation points on this board since time began. Heaven forbid sony's name should come up in such light, though. They didn't get to be market leader by breeding fans who think about what developers might be doing for their systems.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Unite: Aww coming to aid of speedfreak , well linko your right this forum should be about discussing games. As you can see both of his threads are not about the games but are about how Sony dose business.

Sony's business practices have everything to do with games. What developers they deal with now decide what game make it into your living room in the next year or two.

Speedfreak was doing a fantastic job defending himself, pointing out the obvious nullifications to your fabricated remarks. The only need I fulfilled was asking you to post peacefully and on-topic or to take your ego elsewhere. We don't need the thread ruined because you felt like ****ing everyone off as a means to butt heads.

Quoted post: Aww such anger no need to take it out on fate. You have changed over the last 2 years or so based on how gc and nintendo is doing. Nintendo bright future is little cloudly right now, so i can see why your little snappy. I'm here to free you from your hate. You need to stop looking into news about Sony, really it's not healthy. You take it so personally and your only reading articals that **** you off.

Anger is Speedy's way of debating. Just pick out the main points from the insults and you're golden.

Quoted post: Tetris. They did steal Tetris. As we all know, though, they didn't manage to get a complete and total stranglehold on it.

Everyone "stole" Tetris.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Linko_16: Sony's business practices have everything to do with games. What developers they deal with now decide what game make it into your living room in the next year or two.

Speedfreak was doing a fantastic job defending himself, pointing out the obvious nullifications to your fabricated remarks. The only need I fulfilled was asking you to post peacefully and on-topic or to take your ego elsewhere. We don't need the thread ruined because you felt like ****ing everyone off as a means to butt heads.

Since were not developers we shouldn't speculate how the will deal with this. Things will change when time comes , still plently of time to work things out. I am being peaceful compared to how you guys were over the years.

I was re reading some of stuff in other thread, came across this line.

Quoting Speedfreak: What they don't have to do is come up with completely bogus figures for the purpose of misleading consumers, basically treating them like morons.

LOL funny considering all insults you directed at ps1 / ps2 owners over the years. Since you already think of ps1/ps2 owners as morons and don't consider us gamers, whats the problem?

Prince shondronai:

I'm impressed by how much u have changed , thou I will wait abit more just in case i jumped the gun on this one.

Posted by Fate

Prince hasn't changed a bit. He's still the same old Nintendo fanboy that hates the merger with Square and Enix.

Quoting Linko_16: Sony's business practices have everything to do with games. What developers they deal with now decide what game make it into your living room in the next year or two..

Sony's business practices in the gaming industry. Don't speak of the company as a whole, because it is irrelevant!

Posted by Ant

I think that's what he meant and what everyone is supposed to assume...

Posted by Speedfreak

What the hell is this? Seriously, Unite, who the heck are you? You definately aren't the same Unite that used to post here. He used to posts were something you could respect, not the poorly spelt, illogical babble that you're producing. Get the hell off his account.

Anyway, Christ, where to start?

Talking about Sony's business practises as a whole company are very much relevent to a gaming discussion, for it is the main part of Sony that directs SCE. PS3 is part of the whole company's strategy to get Blu-Ray into homes, for instance. I did mention some of SCEs stupider mistakes anyway so it doesn't really matter.

About Tetris, if anyone stole that it was Communist Russia. That franchise was whored out against Elorg's permission all over the place; if anything Nintendo were the ones to only actually buy the rights fairly.

Also, I'm not angry. You don't have to be angry to point out idiocy.

This thread is entirely relevent to gaming. Sony, a gaming company, are being assholes to small games developers. How that isn't relevent to the world of gaming is utterly beyond me, so perhaps you could enlighten us.

I never explicity said all PS1 or PS2 owners are morons. I own a PS2 for God's sake. What I probably said was the average PS2 owner knows sod all about games, which is true. The average person knows sod all about games, so it would follow that the average owner of the most popular console would be the most similar to the average person. The same applies to DS. Even more so, actually, considering it's designed to attract non-gamers.

And for the record, I fully recognise that Nintendo were indeed ruthless gits on the whole in the NES and SNES eras, and have said before that I'm glad they got a boot up their arse because they needed to realise they weren't invincible.

Quoting Unite:
Prince shondronai:

I'm impressed by how much u have changed , thou I will wait abit more just in case i jumped the gun on this one.

No change. I still say fate is a fake account created by big boss, the opinions of any wrestling fan will fall on deaf ears, and that sony's involvement in the video game industry has severely hampered its progress.

I speak the truth as I see it, whether it paints a shiny-happy portrait of Nintendo or not. They were right bastards in the way they handled the Tetris debacle. Still, sony has done far more lasting damage to the industry, and I will laugh and laugh and laugh when the playstation brand crumbles to a burned-out shell of its former self while Nintendo is still going strong in the next three generations or so.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Uh, dude, people have talked to Fate. If I'm not mistaken, there are people on here who have met her in real life. Somehow I doubt that Big Boss has that skill at faking an account.

Though wrestling is retarded:cookie:

Posted by Unite

Quoting Speedfreak:
I never explicity said all PS1 or PS2 owners are morons. I own a PS2 for God's sake. What I probably said was the average PS2 owner knows sod all about games, which is true. The average person knows sod all about games, so it would follow that the average owner of the most popular console would be the most similar to the average person.

Aww now I recall correctly you said most ps1/ps2 owners are morons. I give up on freeing you from your hate and anger.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Fate: Sony's business practices in the gaming industry. Don't speak of the company as a whole, because it is irrelevant!

[quote=Speedfreak]This thread is entirely relevent to gaming. Sony, a gaming company, are being *******s to small games developers. How that isn't relevent to the world of gaming is utterly beyond me, so perhaps you could enlighten us.

What he said... I don't think anyone was ever talking about any other Sony branch, as the thread topic was relevent to their actions with game developers.

And you can stfu about "delivering Speedfreak from his hate." You don't throw matches at a fire when you want to put it out.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Linko_16: What he said... I don't think anyone was ever talking about any other Sony branch, as the thread topic was relevent to their actions with game developers.

And you can stfu about "delivering Speedfreak from his hate." You don't throw matches at a fire when you want to put it out.

Thou my approach was little off , mostly do to his hate and anger filled posts.

Posted by Dexter

I find Speedfreak to currently be the most interesting contributor towards the topic of games. His knowledge is impressive and he has educated me in many areas that were rather grey.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Dexter: I find Speedfreak to currently be the most interesting contributor towards the topic of games. His knowledge is impressive and he has educated me in many areas that were rather grey.

you should have that info double checked

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Unite: you should have that info double checked

It was being processed again while I wrote it out. I assure you, I mean what I say. Point me in the direction of a superior gaming contributor so I have someone perhaps worthy enough to compare him to. The lack of interesting game posters is disappointing. Speedfreak brings more interests into the game discussions and enlightens me with his vast ray of keen wisdom.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Big Boss, but he doesnt seem to post as much.

Though the lack of fanboyism is nice:cool:

Posted by Unite

Quoting Dexter: It was being processed again while I wrote it out. I assure you, I mean what I say. Point me in the direction of a superior gaming contributor so I have someone perhaps worthy enough to compare him to. The lack of interesting game posters is disappointing. Speedfreak brings more interests into the game discussions and enlightens me with his vast ray of keen wisdom.

ya you probably want to have that info checked right away. Seeing as someone as biased as speedfreak, he's not exactly the best place to getting info from. As for someone to look for as lord of spam said big boss is nice. You should also do abit research your self, you might of found speedfreak left out some key info.

Posted by Dexter

Big Boss is good, but he barely posts here. The one who seems to be giving me the most worthy information is Speedfreak. Someone could still be a fanboy and leave certain material out and still come out with a worthy contribution and an interesting observation.

Quoted post: ya you probably want to have that info checked right away. Seeing as someone as biased as speedfreak, he's not exactly the best place to getting info from. As for someone to look for as lord of spam said big boss is nice.

You say BB is fine, yet disregard Seedy because he's "biased"? Uh, BB is far more biased than Seedy is.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Vampiro: You say BB is fine, yet disregard Seedy because he's "biased"? Uh, BB is far more biased than Seedy is.

Nah, they're pretty much equal. They have epic battles, like Big Boss has arguements to support Sony and Speedfreak smashes them with the peoples hammer and vice versa.

Quoted post: Nah, they're pretty much equal.

Gotta disagree. I've seen pretty equal bashing of all consoles on Speedy's part. But not so when it comes to BB.

Posted by Fate

[QUOTE=Speedfreak]What the hell is this? Seriously, Unite, who the heck are you? You definately aren't the same Unite that used to post here. He used to posts were something you could respect, not the poorly spelt, illogical babble that you're producing. Get the hell off his account.

I agree. This isn't the Unite I used to know. Also, I'm just trying to say that their gaming industry practices should be separated from the rest of their practices, seeing as how Sony is more than just a game company. Just sayin'.

And holy crap, Prince, are you still going on about that fake account business?
:(

You guys have to trust me when I say the bashing of the consoles all get equal treatment from BB. Serious. Sometimes I don't hear the end of it. It's always polygon this, coding that, textures and blahblahblah.

Quoted post: You guys have to trust me when I say the bashing of the consoles all get equal treatment from BB. Serious. Sometimes I don't hear the end of it. It's always polygon this, coding that, textures and blahblahblah.

That may be so, but whenever he does post it seems to be all about Sony, and very little about the rest (and that's usually just bashing). Just saying that we don't see it as often as you, I guess.

However, AT LEAST what he says is generally well said. It's fanboyism, most of the time, but intelligent fanboyism.

Posted by Unite

Quoting Fate: I agree. This isn't the Unite I used to know. Also, I'm just trying to say that their gaming industry practices should be separated from the rest of their practices, seeing as how Sony is more than just a game company. Just sayin'.

:(

You guys have to trust me when I say the bashing of the consoles all get equal treatment from BB. Serious. Sometimes I don't hear the end of it. It's always polygon this, coding that, textures and blahblahblah.

aww fate i didn't think you knew i exist back then /cry. Nice to see that i'm some what remembered /hug. As for decline in grammar and spelling , you can blame world of warcraft. Also the game changed me some what, sorry if I offended anyone. /hide

Posted by Unite

Quoting Vampiro: You say BB is fine, yet disregard Seedy because he's "biased"? Uh, BB is far more biased than Seedy is.

I also mentioned he should research alittle himself for the answers . As i remember raiden he wasn't but i been away for a long time too.

Quoting big boss:

I'm not going on about it. It's just that that seemed to be one of the major points of contention a lot of people had with me, so I mentioned my continued disbelief in your existence so that no one becomes deluded into thinking I've started being in any way civilized about it.

Posted by Ant

Wait...you actually think Fate is Big Boss? That would be pretty ****ed up. But, I don't believe it :cool2:

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Unite]Aww now I recall correctly you said most ps1/ps2 owners are morons. I give up on freeing you from your hate and anger.

Most PS2 owners are morons for the simple fact that most people are morons.

[quote=Unite]ya you probably want to have that info checked right away. Seeing as someone as biased as speedfreak, he's not exactly the best place to getting info from. As for someone to look for as lord of spam said big boss is nice. You should also do abit research your self, you might of found speedfreak left out some key info.

Excuse me, sir. But I actually like to know what the hell I'm talking about. The things Dexter is talking about are pure facts, there's no way to put any bias into them, otherwise they cease to be facts.

But by all means, if you think I'm biased then let's see a counter-arguement. Otherwise sod off, because you blatently don't even know enough to be able to tell if I'm biased.

[quote=Vampiro]You say BB is fine, yet disregard Seedy because he's "biased"? Uh, BB is far more biased than Seedy is.

Was that intentional? :-/

[quote=Unite]I also mentioned he should research alittle himself for the answers . As i remember raiden he wasn't but i been away for a long time too.

Are you fucking kidding me? The past six months I've been absorbing as much in-depth technical information as I can possibly comprehend just so I can have a clue what these hyper-nerds at some other forum I go to are talking about.

If you're going to say my information is off than provide some evidence, because right now you're whining.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Ant: Wait...you actually think Fate is Big Boss? That would be pretty ****ed up. But, I don't believe it :cool2:

haha. Imagine it, Big Boss made up a fake Internet girlfriend and has been tricking us all these years! He would be my hero if that were true, but I know it isn't. Internet fraud makes the Internet a better place, definitely.

BJ still thinks I'm really Fairy. ;)

Quoted post: Was that intentional? :-/

I did it twice? Wow, sorry. It was nine in the morning after being up for almost a day... so yeah, completely unintentional.