Favourite Gym Leader?

Posted by -Fierce_Deity_Link-

I have made a list of all 24 Gym Leaders from every Pokemon game. The name of the Gym Leader is on the left and the type of Pokemon they own on the right. Choose your favourite. You can have more than one favourite.

Kanto:
Brock/Rock
Misty/Water
Lt. Surge/Electric
Erika/Grass
Koga/Poison
Sabrina/Psychic
Blaine/Fire
Giovanni/Ground or Normal?

Johto:
Falkner/Flying
Bugsy/Bug
Whitney/Normal
Morty/Ghost
Chuck/Fighting
Jasmine/Steel
Pryce/Ice
Claire/Dragon

Hoenn:
Roxanne/Rock
Brawly/Fighting
Wattson/Electric
Flannery/Fire
Norman/Normal
Winona/Flying
Tate & Liza/Psychic
Wallace/Water

My favourite is Winona.

Posted by Roger Smith

Back in my old Poke dayz, I liked Koga and Sabrina the best.

Sabrina's okay I guess. Psychic Pokemon are my favourite. I like Alakazam the most.

Posted by Roger Smith

I remember when I had my level 70+ Alakazam. Then I sold my Pokemon Yellow Edition :)

Lv.70+! Whoa!

Posted by Roger Smith

Yeah. There wasn't a trainer that could stand up to me. But that was years ago and I never looked back.

Cool.

Posted by GameMiestro

Giovanni...

Posted by Mystic Hero

Meh I wasn't big on Gym leaders. Yeah they were fun to to jsut beat around, but not enough that I would say "omg that is my favorite lolz!" With that said, my favorite happened to be in the Pokemon League instead. Now the League was just fun to battle for me. I think I had the most fun with that back when I used to play. But my overall favorite would have to be Lance. I just liked kicking his dragons around. When I had Yellow I used to like him because of the cape you know? "Omg Lance has a cape cool!" Good times. :cool:

I like Lance too.

Posted by Stalolin

Blaine.

He was bald, liked fire Pokemon, and asked you questions. Can't get any better than that.

I mainly like female Gym Leaders.

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

My favorite gym leaders are Lt. Surge, Sabrina, Morty, Jasmine, Flannery, & Winona.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Takuya Kanabara: Lt. Surge.

agreed.

Posted by sabre

Wattson because he's fat and scary.

Actually, this is the one situations in which I agree that the earliest ones were the best. So, all of the Kanto leaders from Lt Surge onwards (except Koga, he's a ho), then Morty, Pryce, and Flannery. Screw it; fat, scary, way-too-happy Wattson too.

I'm going to go into dork mode now and point out that a few of the gym leaders were replaced in later incarnations of the game. There's Koga's daughter who had a crap name replacing Koga in GS, and then the water boss was replaced with a fat guy in Emerald if I remember correctly (based entirely on sources I've read, never actually played the game).

Posted by giminius

Juan/Arden from the Emerald version. (a certain fat guy...)
Although he's my favorite, I also liked Giovanni, because of his Team Rocket ties.

By the way, since most of the Gym Leaders have their element in their names, (Lt. Surge = self-explanatory) where did Juan's name come from?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=giminius]where did Juan's name come from?

Mexico.

Posted by giminius

I mean its origin. Obviously, Brock is rock, misty is mist. Wallace, maybe water or wall of ice. Watt-son, Win(d)-ona, Rocks-sanne, norma-n, etc.

What connection does Juan's name then have to what he is?

Posted by Piku

I think Misty and Flannery!!! Yeppp

Posted by GameMiestro

Come to think of it, Whitney is probably my favorite now. That Miltank battle was probably the most memorable battle I ever had, with my wimpy little Geodude going against that Rollout-using goliath... fun.

Posted by Roger S Huxley

Liutenant Surge. Electricity was always my favorite Element, and he is a Liutenant.

YOU GOTTA LOVE AN ELECTRIC POKEMON USING MILLITARY OFFICER.

Posted by Roxas23857

Hmmmmm....this is hard to say but I think Liutentant Surge was my favorite as well.

Posted by giminius

I always thought he didn't quite fight the continuity of the pokemon series by alluding to a war in a world where politics doesn't exist. And did he mean that pokemon existed in America? Maybe the president was a pokemon master!

Posted by holy_flare

I'd have to pick Misty and Flannery. Flannery has some awesome fire types and Misty has my favorite type of all. WATER!!! But Misty is always to weak though. I think she doesn't understand how good a gym leader she could be if she would pay attention to the typs of her pokemon more (in the game and the show).

Posted by PhlyntheKT

Erika
Blaine
LT.Surge
Misty
Brock
Blue
in that order

Posted by Kingdomkeys

[COLOR=darkorange]Mine are Misty and Winona, water and flying.[IMG]http://vgchat.com/images/icons/icon7.gif[/IMG][/COLOR]

Posted by Sean the Wicked

I have a Misty/Whitney/Flannery fetish, but I don't really like them as gym leaders.

Giovanni is the most badass of all badasses though. The only person who can even compare to Giovanni is Koga, but that's because Koga is a ninja, and since the mafia is close enough to ninjas...Giovanni wins.

Posted by Shade

Blaine and Clair, because they own, and because Fire and Dragon types always seem to make up my entire party.

Posted by WackoHater2

Koga - He's ninja cool.

Blaine - Original fire leader, he's cool too.

Posted by Skyway

i dnot like the gye but if it was poke cham it be Lance

Posted by Ambellina

Misty definitally. Water types are my faveorite. Clair wasn't too bad either.

Posted by Xero

Erika. I liked the design of her gym and I like the pokemons she uses.

Posted by O.T.L

Giovanni ground types are my favorite. He also posses a Nidoking and queen Which are awesome.

Posted by yellownmellow

Sabrina, she was really cool.

Posted by Skyway

....,i dnot like the gym but mt E4 is lace the dragontrainer for Kanto and Johto