portable revolution?

Posted by Drewboy64

What if the Rev had a built in projector? The stand could act as a battery/battery charger. Then you could move the revolution around anywhere, using a projecter so you wouldn't need any cables at all. It could be come the ultimate portable home console. Apparently, there are some projectors that are small enough to fit inside a revolution.

Posted by Klarth

Even if it is the size of three (? correct me if I'm wrong) DVD cases stacked, it still wouldn't be the most practical thing in the world to carry around with you.

Posted by GameMiestro

Another problem is that setting up projection screens is tricky (that is what you're talking about, right?).

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Not only that, but where are you going to go that's got a decent place to project onto that hasn't got a TV?

Besides that, I'm not even sure if the motion detection would work on a projector screen. There's probably a maximum size the sensors can go to.

Posted by GameMiestro

It would be cool if you could have a wireless video ouput. All they have to do after that is figure how to teleport energy though the space-time continuum, and hello cable free Revolution!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Aren't projectors pretty **** expensive?

Anyways, I just don't see it happening.

Posted by Arczu

But if it did happen, you could have fun projecting Mario right in front of someone's window and get a few laughs off.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting GameMiestro: It would be cool if you could have a wireless video ouput. All they have to do after that is figure how to teleport energy though the space-time continuum, and hello cable free Revolution!

*scribbles down fact that you have no clue what the space-time continuum is*

And I'm pretty sure Wireless video output is possible - You'd just need to use WiBro to have it with a good 60fps.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's not only possible, it's been done. Can't see any real practical use for it though, unless you want your TV 2 miles away from your DVD player for some reason.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I guess it could give a much better TV reception.