what ever happened to...

Posted by Red

the old Vgchat where you could gain levels have expeirence Hp and Mp? that was cool.

Posted by Proto Man

Yes, please bring that back. :(

Posted by Zeta

RPG>Rep

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

VB2

And it was lame.

Posted by Hyper

Those things rocked. :)

Posted by Fate

I actually liked them. It gave us more of a "gamer" look, yeah? I thought they were pretty nifty.

Posted by Ant

Memmmmmmmmmories.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Actually, I thought it was pretty swell, as well.

Posted by Klarth

It's a shame people spammed to get their level up.

Posted by Xero

I use to enjoy it as well. That was entertainning...like ant said: memories of good times...

Posted by GameMiestro

It was nice, but needed some work.

New versions of the RPG stats look very cool though.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Hyper: Those things rocked. :)

You are right. We need da hack back. pze!!!!! :D

Posted by Hyper

Unfortunately, it's your call, Jesse :(

Posted by Xero

Quoting Jesse Smith: You are right. We need da hack back. pze!!!!! :D

awww C'mon jesse. Bring back some fun to this forum! :D

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

It also may attract a few new members, who might end up staying.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Lol I remember that. It had it's pros and cons it did. Like Fate said, it did give us more of a gamer look to go with the board name of Video Game Chat. At the same time new people took it seriously and spammed everywhere to get it up. And there was also the ridiculing that people that didn't have a level over 20 were considered big noobs and those that have levels of 30+ were considered to be awesome. Good times and bad times, but still fun. :cool:

Posted by Xero

Quoting Angelwing: It also may attract a few new members, who might end up staying.

Yup. I defenatly see that coming. That would also make our forum unique, cuz I dint see any other with an RPG mode.

Posted by Mystic Hero

The RPG thing was used by other boards too, it wasn't just this one. Some had even more stats on than ours did making it look ridiculous. Now I don't come across to many that have that feature anymore. They probabaly took it out for the same reasons or because the stats were becoming obnoxious.

Posted by Hyper

Uh, I can name one site off the top of my head that was an RPG forum that had tons of stats and panels and items and full RPG Creator System integration. Fun times until the admin banned me becuase he was(is) a moron.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Hyper: Fun times.

WHAT!!! Yet you mods vote no on this kind of stuff. :(

Posted by Iris

I don't know if we should do away with rep, however. If you can get both, then that'll be cool, even if people's side profiles look messy.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Jesse Smith: WHAT!!! Yet you mods vote no on this kind of stuff. :(

It was fun times on that board because of the level of integration. This board isn't focused on RPG's, so it's pointless to have everything the other site did, and without one part, the rest of it isn't as great, meaning its either all or none I'd say and this site really doesn't need any.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Iris: I don't know if we should do away with rep, however. If you can get both, then that'll be cool, even if people's side profiles look messy.

Yeah jesse could double the fun! But he would have to make the rep comments public again...Cuz since the rep comments do not appear on the bottom, its not as fun anymore...

Posted by Red

yes, I really do want them back, without having to upgrade and change the whole site again too, please Jesse come on :( it was so beautiful, and I know it attracted ME to this site more.

Posted by nich

Whoa, I didn't even know such a thing existed!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Forget the little bars, you'll see way more RPG stuff than bars!!!!! Instead of bars, you'll be able to 'play' an RPG game here!!! :D Check the thread on the Community board!!!!

Posted by Xero

Hmm thats not what I expected, but I'll play along...

Posted by Red

and Id like to thank myself for this wonderful RPG INFERNO if not for this thread it wouldnt have exsisted *cough cough* hah just kidding I aint vein ( however you spell it )

Posted by Xero

Yup, we owe you one dude ;)

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I also miss that feature btw what version are we up to?