Looking For A Writer

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Okay, kids. Who fancies their writing skills?

I'm looking for someone to write comic strips for me to illustrate. It'll be primarily published on the web. I've tried my hand at writing before, and it's not been that great - someone with serious comedy skill is needed.

If anyone fancies it, post in the thread or email me - willeth at gmail dot com. The writer will be responsible for almost all scripting duties, the storyline, the characters - everything. All I want to to draw them, and have input on the characters' direction, etc.

So, if you've ever had a great idea for a comic and had trouble drawing it, or if you just fancy your chances as a comic writer, drop me a line, I'd love to draw it.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I may give this a shot, but I cant promise that it wont suck. I tend to be good at amusing me, and only me.:(

Well, niche humour is good. Create a pretext and scribble off a few scripts, man. I'd love to work with you.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Wings: Well, niche humour is good. Create a pretext and scribble off a few scripts, man. I'd love to work on you.

For some reason, thats how I first read that, and was disturbed.

Well, you know. That too.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Somehow I will turn that into a strip. CREATION IN PROGRESS

Posted by Lord of Spam

An idea for a comic strip making fun of halo fans

Three panels. Panel one has some guy chillin, counting a big wad of cash, and his friend standing near him. Maybe they're in the first guys room, and his buddy just walked in, whatever. They're both gamers though. That has to be made fairly obvious by their appearance/room, but not too nerdy. The sort that would play a game of halo, then go out and have a fun ight on the town. Not complete losers, in other words, but still avid gamers. ANYWAY, the guy without the cash is like "Dude, where did you get that money?" The response (still in the first panel) is something along the lines of "A side show came through town, and I sold my brother to them."

Second panel, his friend looks weirded out,and says "You sold your brother? Why would they want him?" Response is "They said they needed more freaks and losers for their sideshow, so I figured who better than someone like him", possibly with him underlined or italised to add emphasis.

Third panel, some fat, sloppy, horridly nerdy kid wearing glasses, maybe braces. Esentialy all you have to do is make it apparent that he sucks hardcore. And then have him be yelling "HALO FSCKING PWNS UR FACE YOU STUPID N00BS", but have him be in a side show locked in a cage with a sign that has some sort of remark about him being born with less than a whole brain.

End

I know it sucks, but it amuses me because I hate halo.:cool:

Makes sense. The only thing is - why do the first two people have to be gamers?

Let me get working on it, man. Should be sketched out by the time I go to bed.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Meh, they dont have to be, thats jsut how it looked in my head.

They;re just sorta stereotypical, well adjusted teenagers.

Okay, sketched.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/willeth/halo.jpg

You reckon this could work?

Posted by Lord of Spam

I think I love you.

Well if you want to knock up some more scripts, and if they meet the standard, I'm definitely interested in working with you. Get on MSN sometime and we'll chat.

Posted by Klarth

Mind if I have a shot at it? I don't have the best ideas in the world, but if you're willing, eh.

Go for it, Klarthy baby. In the mean time, here's a lovely vectored version of the previously sketched one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/willeth/halocolor.jpg

Posted by s0ul

So there's a gay guy (make him a bit of a flamer so it's obvious he's gay) talking to another guy, yeah? Presumably straight.

Straight Guy: I just couldn't do anal. The idea of having my wang in feces is too much.
Gay Guy: Well, you usually shower first.
Straight Guy: So you have to shower before and then again afterwards to make sure you're clean? Being gay must be a huge pain in the ***.

After that, maybe a panel of the straight guy holding in a burst of laughter? I don't know, I'll leave that up to you.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Wings: Go for it, Klarthy baby. In the mean time, here's a lovely vectored version of the previously sketched one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/willeth/halocolor.jpg

I miss the "DO NOT FRAG" sign from the first sketch.

I'll try and think of something.

Soul - that's not funny. It seems like it's a joke at the gay guy, when really it's just a pun, and it kills it.

But how about just two panels?

Panel one: Two guys, sitting drinking coffee, or whatever. One of them says "Man, being gay must be a royal pain in the ***."

Panel two: The other guy looks at the other one with a quizzical/weirded out look on his face.

I think it brings out the joke more.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm going to add that when editing the speech, as with the AYB shirt. I vectored it in Flash (shut up), which isn't amazing for text.

Posted by s0ul

Ha, I just copied down an actual conversation I had with a gay guy. You don't find me funny in everyday posts, I wouldn't expect you to want to work with me in this anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Well, no, it's funny in conversation. But that doesn't always translate to comic form.

Posted by Klarth

Alright, here's a situation inspired by a real-life event:

On the Guiness World Records site, there used to be a bit of text at the bottom of each page saying something along the lines of "apply to break this record".

Of course, one of the pages was "most civilians killed in a terrorist attack".

Make of that what you will, I guess.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Pick me or I'll sick two Jack Russel Terriers on you. They may not be dangerous, but ****! those dogs never stop.

Klarth - yeah, I remember that. Old news though, unfortunately.

Skitzo - Let me see some scripts, man.

Just to clarify - whoever ends up doing this will be expected to write a script for the comic at least once a week, maybe twice.

Posted by ostaf

This is some funny stuff. When you make your web site for the comics post it in here or pm me so I can go to it.

I went with a writer from another board, in the end. We've had a comic since March, at http://www.anarchysoda.com.

Posted by jefferey shalome

yo man, chech out this script thing i got for an idea for a more action based thing, i can always throw the funny haha bits in thoughj easily! Give it a looksee at http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=14135

I'm already doing a comic now, I'm not looking for another one. Sorry.