*yawn* Who cares about the Olympics?

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

For the eighth time, no, I haven't been watching what's going on. Why should I? The best athletes aren't playing, it's just the ones who are invited by the committee. The sports are sports that almost nobody gives a crap about, ESPECIALLY curling.

The summer olympics are even worse, though. Nobody cares about sailing, badminton, handball, sailing, table tennis (PING PONG), and the different martial arts are redundant. Boxing is fast falling into the "who cares" column as well. There's also a vote as to whether to remove baseball, simply because baseball is a north and south American pastime, and the voters are mostly rich white Europeans who care about garbage like curling.

Here's how to get people to give a crap about the olympics: take out all the sports above, plus TKD and Judo, and add the following: Mixed Martial Arts, Rugby, Cricket, Powerlifting, American Football/Gridiron, Dodgeball, various extreme sports (skating, BMX, motocross), keep baseball, add surfing. Take out all of the caviar-and-french-wine sports.

Posted by Klarth

*yawn* *growl* *crackle* *pop* sporrrrrrts boarrrrrrd.

Germany were doing well last I saw.

Posted by Ant

Quoting ///Phantom: For the eighth time, no, I haven't been watching what's going on. Why should I? The best athletes aren't playing, it's just the ones who are invited by the committee. The sports are sports that almost nobody gives a crap about, ESPECIALLY curling.

I take offense to this. I've been watching Curling quite a bit TYVM! I'm being serious btw. I was about to go to sleep 3 nights ago but wanted to see who won in curling...canada did.

Well, I apologize to fans of curling then... all one of you.

Posted by Speedfreak

Actually, I found snowboarding, bobsledding and whatever the hell that mini toboggan is rather entertaining to watch. I don't follow it, mind, I just like to watch people speeding down a steep hill on a plank of wood.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I could never watch the Olympics.

Just way to boring and pointless, in my opinion.

Posted by Echo

I love the Olympics, and I'm much rather watch them than (American) football or basketball. Of course, not every sport is interesting, but there are enough to hold my attention. I've always enjoyed watching hockey, and the Winter Olympics is the only time I get to watch bobsledding and luge. And I really love snowboarding, which I've gotten a lot of lately with both the winter Olympics and winter X-games.

Posted by Axis

I like most of the events in the Winter Olympics. It's the Summer Olympics that I find boring.

Quoting Axis: I like most of the events in the Winter Olympics. It's the Summer Olympics that I find boring.

Yeah, I wouldn't take anything aside from curling out of the winter O. Summer is what needs an overhaul.

Posted by GameMiestro

No, I don't watch them. Yes, there are plenty of people who do.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Quoting ///Phantom: .

various extreme sports (skating, BMX, motocross)

ITs called X-Games idiot.

And the Olympics are a test of physical strength. You have to prove to the comittee that you have the will and power to try.

Quoting ///Phantom:
Well, I apologize to fans of curling then... all one of you.

All TWO of us. I happen to like it to. It's fun to watch and play.

Posted by Colonel

umm can you say old thread