More new Pok

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon.shtml

A weird blue thing called Manafi, and silhouettes of three others - one of which looks like a Spearow, I think.

Posted by GameMiestro

And it gets it's own movie, too?

I bets Manafi is a legendary Pokemon

Posted by Klarth

There are NINE movies now?! Oh my God no.

And Lucario's the only one with any merit in its design. Manyula ain't bad either.

Posted by Roger Smith

I wonder when they'll run out of names:(

Posted by -Fierce_Deity_Link-

There's over 350 now!!!!!!!

Posted by Klarth

There's been 386 for well over two years.

Posted by -Fierce_Deity_Link-

There's too many of them!!!!

Posted by ExoXile

MewTwo! :D

Posted by GameMiestro

That last one looks like a baby version of Mantine.

This is true. In fact, I'd love it if it was.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Now taking bets on how long it takes them to roll out "Mewthree".

Pokemon are way too cutesy now. Whatever happened to the awesome design from the first two series'?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Jesus, I remember when there was 151, and you had to work your *** off to even get that 151st. Theres just too many, eventually they're going to run out of ideas.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Manyula would be an interesting addition to UU gameplay. It looks like a mixed sweeper slash choice bander!

I bet the last one is a Mantine baby.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Stinger]Manyula would be an interesting addition to UU gameplay. It looks like a mixed sweeper slash choice bander!

...what?

Netbattle lingo. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Posted by GameMiestro

I get a little of it... I think he's just trying to show off though.;)

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=GameMiestro]I get a little of it... I think he's just trying to show off though.;)
Mixed Sweeper = Pokemon (sweeper) that uses both physical and special
Choice Bander = pokemon that uses choice band

Very complicated. :cool:

And you typed the word 'slash' instead of an oblique simply to make it seem more complicated and make yourself look good.

I'm on to you.

Posted by Colonel

I think its getting stupid that more and more pokemon are being made. The original Pokemon are the best.

Posted by sabre

The musical note one looks neat sure enough, but god I hate baby pokemon.

Posted by giminius

Do you also notice how the style of pokemon changes as new games are made? The general style of the first 150 was rather realistic compared to the later, more alien and more round pokemon.

Posted by sabre

From what I gather, stuff like that is purely incidental, as the dude (forgot his name) designed them all at the same time.

I might just be remembering wrongly of course.

That's rubbish, I'm sure.

Posted by sabre

Yeah, it might be a myth which somehow evolved into being perceived as a truth - I'm not sure I entirely believe it myself - but I've heard it quoted a lot from a lot of different sources so who knows.

Posted by muffla

i think that the one that looks like a musical note is what charazard evloves into

Posted by sabre

I think that it is not.

Posted by Shade

Quoting muffla: i think that the one that looks like a musical note is what charazard evloves into

...what.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Sabredog]From what I gather, stuff like that is purely incidental, as the dude (forgot his name) designed them all at the same time.

Ken Sugimori. Don't you read the trading cards?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Ken is the man.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Seems like they don't ahve anything else better to do but make a slew of baby Pokemon. Why exactly must there be more? I didn't mind the few in the 151-250 edition, but this is starting to get ridiculous. Babies are so much weaker. If they were smart they would add foruth evolutionary forms to some old Pokemon or a second evolution choice form, like that of Poliwhirl. I would think that would be a lot cooler seeing maybe a Charizard evolve into something more spectacular. So far I'm not impressed, hell I didn't like the last edition either. Meh, I'll see how this shapes out to be in the end.

Posted by Shade

As long as the game plays well, I don't care how many baby pokemon there are. Except if a ton of trainers use them, they give sh*t EXP.

That page has been updated - for the lazy, at http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon.shtml - with images and descriptions.

Rock on, musical parrot.

While we're at it, surely the revealing of these now means that the release of the game can't be far away?

Posted by GameMiestro

In Japan, maybe. The website says it's going to be released sometime this year, so we can expect it will soon (probably sometime this fall/winter)

i could have sworn I saw a fall/Christmas release in Japan for it somewhere.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

The sea weasel is the only one that interests me at all.

What, I ask, is the point of baby Pokemon in the first place? I understand that they're cute and all, but they are basically useless in battles, baby vs. baby battles are pointless, and it ruins the awesomeness of single stage/no evolution Pokemon (IE: Snorlax, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Mantine, etc.). If anything at all, baby Pokemon should have their own game or at least be seperate from 'adult' and evolved Pokemon. Even if it was just that they make appearances in games and you can't fight with them, that'd be cool too.

Aside from a few out of the Metal generation, I've pretty much given up hope that new Pokemon will be cool.

Posted by Iron Man

Manafi looks like It could be the Water starter, IMO. But I probably won't be getting this, since I'm too lazy to buy a DS.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Sean the Wicked]The sea weasel is the only one that interests me at all.

What, I ask, is the point of baby Pokemon in the first place? I understand that they're cute and all, but they are basically useless in battles, baby vs. baby battles are pointless, and it ruins the awesomeness of single stage/no evolution Pokemon (IE: Snorlax, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Mantine, etc.). If anything at all, baby Pokemon should have their own game or at least be seperate from 'adult' and evolved Pokemon. Even if it was just that they make appearances in games and you can't fight with them, that'd be cool too.

Baby pokemon allow you to get pokemon with better moves, but force you to work harder. They also look cool.

[quote=Sean the Wicked]Aside from a few out of the Metal generation, I've pretty much given up hope that new Pokemon will be cool.

The new pokemon may not make much sense, but they do look somewhat cool (examples- the Regi's, Deoxys).

Posted by muffla

do you think that they will ever com out with a pokemon game that has every single one of the pokemon?

Posted by GameMiestro

No, because there will always be new Pokemon.

Posted by muffla

no i mean right now
a game that hass all the pokemon from red/blue/gold/silver/ruby/saffire etc..
and where you can get all of the legendary pokeimon without cheating

Of course not. One of the major selling points of Pokémon is the different versions. And a lot of people buy both, which means twice as much money for Nintendo for the production costs of a single game.

Posted by GameMiestro

Which is also why they are resisting putting wi-fi with the next Pokemon game. Greedy bastards...

Posted by Dark Link

GAHH!!! Too many new Pokemon!
386 was too many!
NOW THERE'S 395! ><

I never understood why they broke the pattern of x51...

Posted by giminius

These new things just look screwed. The scientists that created mewtwo not only had too much time on their hands, but went crazy in the meantime. What's with the weird designs all over their bodies?