Nintendo DS hard drive.

Posted by junior senior

This is going to be the greatest add-on in the history of the handheld. MAX Media Player turns your Nintendo DS into a powerful home entertainment device, with movie playback, music on the move and a convenient picture viewer.

At the heart of MAX Media Player for DS is Datel’s exclusive MAX Media Player. Just insert the cartridge into your DS’s game slot, and boot up our fully featured browser. From here, you can play your MP3 audio tracks, watch videos and view your JPEGs on your DS’s screen. You can even use the browser to activate executable programs!

But where do you store all this media? Simple. MAX Media Player for DS comes supplied with a 4GB hard drive unit, which you plug into your DS’sGBA cartridge slot. It draws its power directly from the DS – no additional batteries are needed. And 4GB is a lot of storage space. Enough, in fact, for up to ten full-length movies. Or over a thousand music tracks. Or thousands of digital pictures. Or numerous other file types, such as data programs and executables…

But how does it work? Well, first of all, you connect your MAX Media Player HDD unit to your PC with the USB cable supplied. Open the Media Manager PC application (also supplied), and use it to transfer your media to the 4GB hard drive. It’s easy – the PC application even converts movies to a format your MAX Media Player can understand, and resizes your digital images so they fit perfectly on the DS screen. Now you can kill time on that long journey by watching movies on the move or listening to your favourite sounds. You can take your digital holiday snaps round your granny’s or down the pub without printing them out too!

MAX Media Player uses the USB 2.0 protocol, so it offers great transfer speeds. It’s out in late March for a mere £129. Bargain!

Posted by Zeta

Huh, that pic reminds me that I haven't watched Lost in a while...

Posted by Klarth

Can't wait to see what modders can do with this. 100+ roms on the hard drive, anyone?

[quote=Zeta]Huh, that pic reminds me that I haven't watched Lost in a while...
THAT'S HOW IT SHOULD BE.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Simply put...amazing... :D

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Klarth: 100+ roms on the hard drive, anyone?

...Portable Super Metroid and Kirby's Dreamland 3...
*Orgasm*

Posted by Klarth

I'm talking about NDS roms. The big 32mb ones like Animal Crossing and Nintendogs.

Posted by Zeta

Aww, ****it! I still can't live my dream!

Posted by Bebop

HOW MUCH??!?!?

Posted by nich

Quoting Zeta: Huh, that pic reminds me that I haven't watched Lost in a while...

You should, it's incredible.

One question, are you able to play games and have the hard drive in at the same time? Or is that DS cart in the picture have to be in to use it?

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Zeta: Aww, ****it! I still can't live my dream!

Solution: Buy a PSP and put Snes9x on it. :)

Posted by junior senior

The price is in the post.

And I don't know how this thing is used. :-\

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Bebop: HOW MUCH??!?!?

Around $225 :(

I'm just gonna get the webbrowser/tv tuner for 30. Won't be the same, but oh well.

Posted by Arczu

Sweet hell. I'd get that. As long as you can play music off it while the lid is down, then this makes good for portable music.

Price might be a bit high, but heynow...

Posted by junior senior

http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/13/nintendo-ds-max-media-player-with-4gb-drive/

Posted by Keael

This is so great. Hopefully modders will make nes, snes emu's on it. DS roms would be the best, though.

Posted by zidaneffixexe

the ds will be the gratest thing evah

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: the ds will be the gratest thing evah

It's been out for over a year *oscar*

Posted by GameMiestro

If I wanted any of this stuff, I would get a PSP.

Posted by Klarth

Whoa, zidaneffixexe hates me for some reason. Go you!

$200+ for a 4gb hard drive is just a little steep, anyway, considering 4GB MS Pro Duos are available for something like $120 right now.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Klarth]I'm talking about NDS roms. The big 32mb ones like Animal Crossing and Nintendogs.

I hope you form a band that achieves moderate success then plumets into the ground after everyone decides that they don't actually want to support you by buying your CDs and you end up learning a life lesson the extremely hard way as you eke an existance out on the streets. :)

Posted by Knight XP

Where can i get that?

Posted by Moogs

Best Buy

Posted by muffla

is it out yet?

Posted by supergameman

where can i buy a nintendo ds hard drive

Posted by Colonel

In case you didn't see, Moogs said Best Buy.