Spirituality and Aqua Boxes?

Posted by Haley

Do any of you recall that episode of the Simpsons where Homer followed Lisa to a new age shop where they partook in a method of meditation using a coffin-like chamber filled with water? Or maybe the DareDevil movie with Ben Afleck where he came hom and went into an apparatus of similar description?

Well, maybe you'll know what they're called, because I sure can't. If you know, please tell me, as it will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Haley: Do any of you recall that episode of the Simpsons where Homer followed Lisa to a new age shop where they partook in a method of meditation using a coffin-like chamber filled with water?
Yes
[quote]Or maybe the DareDevil movie with Ben Afleck where he came hom and went into an apparatus of similar description?
Yes
[quote]Well, maybe you'll know what they're called
Nope
[quote]because I sure can't.
Woah, same here
[quote]If you know, please tell me, as it will be much appreciated.
In all honesty, I think they're called Vision Chambers.
[quote]Thanks.

No prob.

Posted by Ant

Quoting The Judge: In all honesty, I think they're called Vision Chambers.

That's what they are in the show. I like to think of them as time capsules given to us from the Gods. That's just me.

Posted by Klarth

Sensory deprivation tank.

Posted by Haley

Sensory Deprivation Tank? You wouldn't think that as they are used for meditation, but okay. I suppose it is more in the sense that they block you from the outside world so you can think more about what your mind focuses on.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Haley: I suppose it is more in the sense that they block you from the outside world so you can think more about what your mind focuses on.

Meditation is all about focusing inward. Its a lot easier to do if you haevno sensory input. Hence, sensory deprivation tank.

Posted by Haley

Well, I had assumed as much. Looking into them further, I found out a bit more information about them. They're sound proofed, use epson salts to keep the body afloat, and maintain a skin-surface temperature to eliminate the sense of feeling. I really want to find one, now. Any recommendations other than a spa?