Resident Evil 4

Posted by muffla

does anybody have this game i think that its really great
i have one question tho should i keep the catseyes or sell them?
im not even halfway thru he games and dno if they will become usful later on thx for the help

Posted by Roger Smith

Keep'em. You put them in the Butterfly Lamps if I'm not mistaken.

Posted by D.J Cat

I've heard good things about this game, and I do plan on getting it soon but something tells me I should wait till I'm a little older for the sake of it not scaring the crap out of me too badly..
Even though I kind of want it to be that way.

Posted by Ant

Resident Evil 4 is NOT scary. I repeat, not scary.

Posted by muffla

yea its really not scary but still a great survial game

Posted by Colonel

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][/COLOR]Its not a scary game but its great, in my opinion i like it more then the PS2 one, but again only my opinion. I like how RE4 is mysterious and dark. The only part that scared me was when that guy poped out of the furness on fire. :eek:

Posted by Red

yeah I too would like the GC version better because of improved graphics, although RE4 for PS2 has new assignment Ada missions apperently, Im not sure though I've rented it, and am only at the part after El Giganto or whatever his name is. Gc is said to have better graphics then the ps2 version of it, but I do'nt really see the difference.

Posted by Big Boss

Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games ever, and easily the best one on the GCN. I actually just beat it for the first time a few days ago, and while the boss battle was a disappointing walk in the park, everything else about the game is just perfect.

Quoting Mr.Red: Gc is said to have better graphics then the ps2 version of it, but I do'nt really see the difference.

The differences are minor, but you can tell them apart if you see the PS2 version just after playing the GCN version. I prefer playing the GCN version simply because it both looks better and it was made with the Nintendo hardware in mind, but I've only seen the PS2 version in action when Fate plays it, so I can't really judge.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I played it for a few minutes, and didnt really get into it at all. The controls seemed to suck pretty badly on the 'Cube, and I have reason to suspect that the PS2 controller would be even worse.

If there was a pc version, I might reconsider, but not likely.

Posted by Demonblade

my nieghbor owns it...once he beats it he said i could borrow it, but it sure as hell is taking him a long time.

Posted by Ada Wong

Yes, this game no scary. But good game once more. I like she.=) More gamers doesn't like gameplay, but i think is better vs other parts of REz.

Posted by Last Fog

I hardly EVER play a game again once I beat it once, I just never have the desire to play a game through twice, after I know everything thats gonna happen.

That said, I'm on my fourth playthrough of RE4. This game is just so polished and so amazing in every way. In one sense I'm dissappointed because it strays from the series, but for what it is it's one of the best games ever. Even after beating it three times, sometimes I just stop and stare and think wow, this game looks incredible. The game has a lot of depth as well with the merchant and weapon upgrades. Thats the main reason I keep going back, just to fool around with all the different weapons. The level of detail here is remarkable, and it offers some of the best boss battles ever.

I <3 RE4.

Posted by Burrito

I loved RE4. Honestly, I was extrememly happy that the gameplay strayed from the series. I played Resident Evil 0 & 1, I kind of liked them, but they got boring becuase there wasn't enough action.

The game isn't scary in a way that keeps you up at night, but the constant running and hiding can really get your heart rate up.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting Burrito:

The game isn't scary in a way that keeps you up at night, but the constant running and hiding can really get your heart rate up.

Agreed. The whole scene that re4 makes is magnificant...and the music brings you more into the game.

Posted by Last Fog

The only scary part for me is when you jump into that pit and take on the two chainsaw sisters. Scared the hell out of me. Ever since I choose the right path and fight El Gigante again.

Posted by TEAMBAJA

Ive beaten it several times. I recently got the Infinate Rocket Launcher. It sure makes things easier. Im going to play through again and get enough money to get the Chicago Typewriter.

Whats everyones best time finishing the game?

Posted by ExoXile

Try hard with knife only, it's awesome.

Posted by segashadow128gcn

the game is amazing but nothing perfect.

its more than enought worth the money and i have played through like 4 times. thinking about 5 just to do it on a wii. for the heck of it.

the only problem i have is. i hate the music. i wsh you could turn it off, its way to much of a warning that someone is near. no fun. me and my friend tried to beat the game on hard mode without dieing or saving and got all the way to the fight with Krauser on the brigde and died. for the 1st **** time. and he accadently hit no to the continue playing option and we had not saved once.... it blew

Posted by ExoXile

Why the **** didn'tyou save?

Posted by segashadow128gcn

that was kind of part of the challange. becuase it records saves. so we wanted no saves. but if we try that again. we will have one save. because Krauser is next to impossiable to kill for the first time on hard. before we tryed that. the first time i played him are hard i think it took me like 50 trys no joke. it was a *****.

Posted by ExoXile

Use.The.Knife.

1st, it's Krassel's weakness.
2nd, it's freaking kewl.

Posted by Vasioth

Resident Evil is a good game. Its not the "BEST" game ever like some reviewer's have announced it to be, but its not far off neither.

The Camera's great, the Controlls are hell of a lot better compared to its pre sequels, and so on. The game isn't scary what-so-ever aswell. Maybe the Projector's will scare you first time around or Salazar's pet, but its really not the type of scaryness that keeps you thinking of "if that was you" and making you wet the bed and stuff (I really know someone who actually did do that).

If I suggested anything, get the Gamecube ver as its way easier to get use to the controls. (I know its already in the Gamecube section but there is also a PS2 ver).

Posted by ExoXile

PS2's intruding on something it sould not.

Posted by Ant

Although it does lack the extra mission with Ada called Seprate Ways. But, from what I've played of the PS2 version(which isn't much honestly). I like the gamecube controls a hell of a lot more than then PS2 controller.

Posted by Meftah

It may ruin the fun; but always carry a spare Rocket Launcher wit u!!!! it is a 1-hit kill rofl. even on the last boss if u get 1 clear shot of him wit dat baby he is DONE SON! lol it may be cheap but it is rescourcful :p also i think you are going to love the island part. U finally get some help from 1 of ur m8's form the military, but something very disappointing happens which u will need to play and find out for urself. lemme tell u though that military unit that helps u was my favourite d00d and i cried later on :'(

Posted by Ant

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE! WHY!? And I dislike the island the most in the game. It feels the least "scary" of them all. The music gets really old really fast there too. Although, my favorite enemy, the regenerators are there, so I guess that evens it out in a way.

Posted by ExoXile

Yeah, and those were actually pretty scary.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Quoting Big Boss]
And I never actually tried the Survival thing after the game were you get to go Wesker or Ada =\ . I need to get around to doing that...

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Big Boss: The differences are minor

The differences are NOT minor. What are you? Blind? How are worse textures, fewer polygons, missing scenery and pooer lighting and sound minor? Honestly...

Posted by The Judge

Because people who enjoy the game enough to concentrate on the gameplay won't give a d[COLOR="black"]a[/COLOR]mn? I barely noticed any differences.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Bebop: The differences are NOT minor. What are you? Blind? How are worse textures, fewer polygons, missing scenery and pooer lighting and sound minor? Honestly...

They are. They don't affect gameplay. The game is just as fun and creepy, just not as pretty.

Posted by Bebop

You said the graphical differences are minor. They are not. Compare a PS2 screen with a GC one. Christ.

Posted by The Judge

But it's not different enough to detract from the gameplay.

Posted by Bebop

Obviously not. The game play is still the same. Except the PS2 version looks like walrus turd. Still a ****ing big difference though.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I'd say Capcom did a very good job porting it to the PS2, there were many parts in the game when i couldnt tell the difference and others where i did. It's still a da[COLOR="Yellow"]m[/COLOR]n good looking game on the PS2, differences aside.[/COLOR]

Posted by The Judge

I think the extra stuff they add more than makes up for it.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]there were many parts in the game when i couldnt tell the difference and others where i did.[/COLOR]

I find that hard to beleive. Youre simply too engrossed in the game to notice. Theres a difference between that and the graphics being virtually indishingable.

Judge, 1 new costume set and another poor Ada mission doesnt make up for it loking like crap

Just look at it for ***s sake. If anyone tells you the graphics between the 2 versions are similar they are either a liar or an idiot.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/ukbebop/nodifference.jpg?t=1167252330[/img]

Posted by The Judge

I've looked at it. Many times, given how much I've beaten it. It doesn't look like crap, you're just way too picky. Lighten the hell up. The Ada missions were nifty and the extra costume was neat too. Stop being so ****ing jaded.

Posted by Bebop

It does look like crap. Look at the picture I provided. Its not being picky when lots of scenery is missing, lighting and textures are toned down oh, and when the whole thing looks like a giant skid mark. Ignoring that is retarded. Look at it for ***s sake. Its looks horrible. There are better looking PS2 games out. If you cant admit it looks like crap you're either not smart enough to tell the difference between a good looking game and a bad looking one (in which case please never dusicuss your opinion on video games ever again please) or are some sort of Sony fanboy who just keeps wanting to pretend "lol they basically look the same". Idiot. Next youll be telling me the PS2 version of Splinter Cell is "like lol totally the same lol i couldnt tell teh differnce between the Xbocks one cos they lOOK gerratteee!!2"

Posted by Last Fog

Oh please, it hardly looks like crap. It isn't nearly as pretty as the GC version but for a PS2 game it looks nice. Kind of funny how you're pointing out a fanboy when you're the one ranting how terrible it looks on PS2. LOL!

Posted by Bebop

So basically if I point out one version of a game looks worse than an other Im a fanboy? Lol logic get

Im ranting about how terrible it looks because it seems everyone is playing the 'lol theres no difference' card when its staring them right in the face. Retard.

Yes it does look nice for a PS2 games. 'Nice'. Not great, not amazing and certainly not the same as the GC version which many a fanboy is saying. Thats the point. The people who say "the differences are minor" are simply fanboys, liars or just idiots. Your basically having a go at me for pointing out peoples stupidity.

Posted by Senator Ramen

Graphics make no difference in the game play, which in my opinion was excellent. If I'm mistaken then please, do correct me.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Bebop: The people who say "the differences are minor" are simply fanboys, liars or just idiots.

[COLOR="Yellow"]But the people who say "the differences are SO HUGE THAT IT LOOKS LIKE WALRUS TURD!!!!!11" aren't? Come on now, clue get?

RE4 is a fantastic looking game on both the PS2 and Gamecube. You're exaggerating on the differences way too much. Not to mention that making fun of the people that disagree with you is making you like a jacka[COLOR="yellow"][COLOR="yellow"]s[/COLOR][/COLOR]s. If you want an example of a game that really looks a lot worse than the original play the PS2/Gamecube ports of Splinter Cell.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

No, that is not fanboyish because it is the truth. Its fanboyish to deny that the PS2 version looks worse than the GC version. Its not fanboyish to prove to someone they are an idiot.

RE4 isnt the best looking PS2 game. And Im not exaggerating on the differences. THERE ARE PIECES OF SCENERY MISSING! For ***s sake you idiot look at the comparing pictures before you start saying crap like "lol your exaggerinigngdgd it". I dont see how anyone who has looked at that picture could think that. Have you even looked at the comparing image? Do it. Please. If you truly think the differences arent as big as Im making them out to be then you clearly dont have an eye for detail. Seeing as "you can barely tell the difference" I take it you're like that. Maybe ENTIRE FORESTS AND LIGHTING MISSING is too much of a small thing for you too notice. The differences are not minor. Christ the textures look like magnified vomit. They are huge. Huge graphical differences. If you downplay that fact you're simply a liar. Or an idiot.

Posted by Last Fog

You're really dense.

The point is that, yes, it does look better on GC, but you're claiming that the PS2 version looks like "a giant skid mark." I've never played the PS2 version but judging from screenshots and videos I've seen it's NOT THAT BAD. It's above average and many many games look worse than this.

And all some people are trying to say before you go off ranting with insults is that the differences don't hinder the gameplay. Plus I'd imagine you're not a graphics whore since you have a Wii don't you?

Posted by Ant

Okay. So let's sum this up.

Bebop: THE GRAPHICZ SUX ON TEH PS2!!!

Everyone Else: We know they're better on GameCube, but we don't really care.

That settles that. Feel free to discuss other aspects of the game other then the graphics :)

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Last Fog: The point is that, yes, it does look better on GC, but you're claiming that the PS2 version looks like "a giant skid mark."
After spending time with the GC version the PS2 version does look like one. had Resi 4 always been a PS2 exclusive it certainly would have been lovely. However compared to the GC version its disgusting. Saying both version look identical is worse than saying one looks like the equivilant of poo on undies.

[quote]I've never played the PS2 version but judging from screenshots and videos I've seen it's NOT THAT BAD. It's above average and many many games look worse than this.
It is very bad. Look at the comparing screenshots. Specifically the house. Not only are many trees removed but the only trees remined are downiszed. Considerable difference. If thats just a minor scene from the start where a total of 3 enimies come out I dread to think what it would be like further in the game where dozens of enimies are chasing you, and helicopters are blowing things up. *shudder*

[quote]And all some people are trying to say before you go off ranting with insults is that the differences don't hinder the gameplay. Plus I'd imagine you're not a graphics whore since you have a Wii don't you?

Irrelevant, idiot. I havent been talking about the gameplay. Im the guy attacking stupid comments like "the differences are minor".

Ant, I think its more like this.

Everyone: TEH DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE 2 ARE NON EXISTANT LOL SONY DOES WHAT NINTENDONT I CAN BARELY TELL THE DIFFERNCE.

Bebop: Than you are clearly idiot. Simply comparing images will reveal that the differences between the 2 versions are huge. And disgusting

Ant: Lol sorry Im late guys I just got back from Macys and Burger King. lol what Bebop popinting out on version is ugly? Lol in my VGCHAt? Lol hey guys let me gets shtis straighhtht "Okay. So let's sum this up.

Bebop: THE GRAPHICZ SUX ON TEH PS2!!!

Everyone Else: We know they're better on GameCube, but we don't really care.

That settles that. Feel free to discuss other aspects of the game other then the graphics " lololol

Posted by Creedence

Ok im getting way to many negative rep points over this so just forget i said anything please. Were all cool right.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting MMX&oldies-fan: There are only some minor texture differences and Leons chin shrunk into his neck at times. Big deal.

MINOR TEXTURE DIFFERENCES? wtf?

The ps2 version isn't even as close to as "graphically good" as the Cube version.

Plus, the cube controller is like x2343251 comfy-er than the ps2's ;]

Posted by boomstick

Here's a great idea, how bout we let this graphics argument die and not revive it, because it's just ****ing stupid and never mattered anyway.