Zelda delayed to november?>

Posted by Drewboy64

If this is true, I will murder someone[s] so badly. :chainsaw:

Posted by brownoystercult

was it really necessary to start a new thread?

There is already a thread on all things Twilight Princess. Don't be a total moron.

Posted by maian

..What? Can I see a link or something?

Right here....

http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=48

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Link as in source.

Anyways, it could possibly happen. But it would be so ****ing retarded. This is the only reason to own a Gamecube anymore. And if they push it back to November, it'll only take sales away from the Revolution.

And why not just port it to the Revolution if that's the case?

Posted by maian

Here's an article somewhat related from ZU:

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/content/view/498/1/

[quote=ZU lol]A moment of self-love, then on to real news that everyone cares about. It seems that I've been indirectly mentioned in a prominent magazine! Whee! The magazine being NGC, and the occassion being talking about their earlier claims about TP on the revolution.

According to The Hylia, NGC answered a letter recently:

I have been a huge fan of yours since issue 13 of N64 Magazine [NGC's old name], but it saddens me to think that my first published letter to you could be one of complaint. When I received issue 115, I was overjoyed to find the front cover boasting new details on Zelda: Twilight Princess and, of course, the title "Revolution launch date revealed". I skipped quickly to the section entitled Twilight Revolution and learned that the game would be getting a revolutionary twist in that it would be able to use the Revolution controller when played through that console.

I rushed to the Zelda Universe forums to discuss this info with my contemporaries. I was surprised to find that few others believed me, and when asked to prove your magazine's trustworthiness, I told people of your long-standing history as a source of truth and that you would never print unproven rumors as truths. So I argued, and other NGC fans came to back me up. We all vouched for your honesty.

A couple of weeks later, after it all had died down, the Zelda Universe team reported that Nintendo had dismissed these claims as speculation. Needless to say, NGC is no longer a trusted name among non-readers on the site.

I was wondering how you came about the info in the first place. I don't want to believer that your writers would print their own guesswork and sell it as the truth, and although I agree that the possibility of that information being true is still quite likely as I myself had guessed it was possible a few months ago, I'd rather not have to defend your honor based on non-factual info ever again. Keep it real, homies!

NGC replied:

We've received loads of similar letter and it hasn't escaped our attention many internet sites have debunked our story based on Nintendo's carefully worded statement (which, if you decode the PR-speak, actually boils down to them saying 'no comment'). So we'd like to set the record straight. The story about Zelda appearing on Revolution isn't speculation; it is fact. We were told this by a trusted source at Nintendo, and we have no reason to doubt it. We understand why Nintendo issued it's statement - after all, this news wasn't supposed to break until E3 show in May - but we're 100% accurate when we assure you that Twilight Princess will be a Revolution title.

You can read The Hylia's speculation here.

Well, that's the sort of thing that happens with reporting on gaming, and specifically games that aren't released yet. People with actual information, and people who are just wildly speculating appear the same, generally. Especially when the game company doesn't want to release details yet. NGC may very well be right. I, personally, wouldn't be particularly bothered by it, except that a couple hundred dollars will be leaving my bank account some time late this year if it's true...

Whether they're right or not, there is still the matter of when is it coming? Assuming they're wrong, and it is still a Gamecube title, there is little chance of TP coming before E3, just because it is so close, and Nintendo has said nothing about the release date recently. If it is a Gamecube title, I very much doubt it'll be here before June.

And, of course, if NGC is correct, and Twilight Princess is a Revolution title, and not a Gamecube title like Nintendo has been saying all along, then we certainly won't be seeing it until at least November, or whenever it is that the Revolution comes.

It is also interesting to note the noticable number of gaming and electronics retailers that have changed their release dates recently. It is unlikely that they know much more about the progress of the game than anyone else, but being retailers, they need to not be promising a game in two months that won't be coming for several months, and they've likely come to the same conclusion as me: There's no way Twilight Princess will be with us April, unless a flying green pig in a tuxedo comes and hands it to me in a gold-plated basket.

That's...interesting. If this is indeed true, I don't even know what to think anymore. I'm gonna go cry if TP is not released in April. Gamecube needs it.

..And so does it's fans.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Vampiro: Link as in source.

rIGt HEre

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

didn't see that coming :cookie:

Posted by Random

I did. I said it probably around a year ago that Nintendo will likely put Twilight Princess on the Revolution (well at the time I don't think I even knew the consoles name). People mocked me for saying it but now it maybe true.

Sure it'll help boost Revolution sales and people like me don't plan on purchasing another Gamecube even if it was given to me cheap. I was planning on waiting for the Rev and use the backwards compat to play Twilight Princess.

This probably officially kills the Gamecube off with it lacking anything now.

Now I must say we haven't heard anything about it being pushed back at work yet so i'll let you know if this rumor is true asap. It'll at least be a nice holiday seller right? It should boost Nintendo Sales. Sure they'd make way more money releasing it for the GCN, but you must start somewhere for your new console and having the ability to download older games plus have Twilight Princess and SSBO would be a HUGE LAUNCH. Mark my words if this is so, the Revolution could come out selling Millions if they can keep up productivity by the end of Christmas.

Oh wooow, I bought a gamecube this year solely for this game.