why cant we change the title when we edit our posts?

Posted by Drewboy64

you can change the text, but when you click submit or whatever it doesn't change.

Posted by GameMiestro

It's easier to identify a thread when the title doesn't change. Imagine if someone created a very popular thread. Several pages of replies are added. Suddenly, the guy who made the thread decides to be annyoing and change the title from "Choose Your Favorite Pokemon" (or whatever) to "OMG Halo 2 rulez". It get a bit confusing, and the moderators may be forced to intervene. Of course, if you just edit your first post, the damage is not nearly as much.

Posted by Roger Smith

That's why the "Preview Post" button is there ;)

Posted by Klarth

Because vBulletin doesn't work like that.

Solved.

Posted by GameMiestro

Because virtually all forums don't work like that, like I stated above.

Posted by higbvuyb

test1 test1 test1

Posted by GameMiestro

Erm, thats different...

Posted by Klarth

Quoting GameMiestro: Because virtually all forums don't work like that, like I stated above.

Sorry, I'll make sure everyone follows your ULTIMATE WISDOM before I pass comment again. God, you're so witty and observant and smart and etc!

Posted by William

You can edit the title of the topic, if you are the author of the topic. I just did it on a topic I made myself. However, I think that after a set period of time, it makes it where you cannot edit the title of the topic. I may be wrong though.

Posted by Klarth

huh

Just doubleclick in the grey area around a thread you made, by the looks of things. Never knew you could rename your own threads.

Posted by GameMiestro

Well then!

Forget the "how not re-naming threads is helpful to society" part...

Posted by William

Actually, that's why it disallows you to rename your thread after a set period of time. The only way the thread title can be edited after that set period of time, is if a staff member happens to click "Thread Tools > Edit Thread", I think.

Posted by Arczu

I've done it a few times before. Sometimes it changed and sometimed it didn't. That ought to be it then.