Mario Party 7

Posted by D.J Cat

What does everyone think of Mario Party 7?
Its not out over here yet, so I am after the opinions of those that have played it.
I have played 1, 2, 4 and 5 but only number one has been played what you would call "a lot".
Is 4-8 players much fun?
Does the microphone make it new and exciting?

And how much fun is too be had overall?

[IMG]http://img190.exs.cx/img190/7107/marioparty7big4gd.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Klarth

Nice mockup! Gee, I wonder what it's meant to look like!

Anyway: Mario Party SEVEN?! As far as I'm concerned they're really going overboard with the series - I thought it only went up to five...

Wait, microphone? There's a microphone peripheral for the GCN?

Posted by D.J Cat

Yeah the Microphone is used in Mario Party 6 and 7.
I don't know of any other games that use it...

Yeah I think they are going overboard and should have made them every 2 years but whatever...
I've missed 6, and only really played 4 and 5 a bit so thats why I am thinking this could be a good pick.

Posted by brownoystercult

Well let me tell you they're getting worse every year.

Posted by Dexter

I adored Mario Part 7. We've been playing a lot of it lately. The microphone is surprisingly enjoyable. There is also a karaoke game that uses it, but I have yet to experience that. Using the microphone is quite hilarious, especially when you have trouble pronouncing the names of certain Mario characters, such as those little fishes.

There are only two mini-games I have to open up. Most of the mini-games are very fun. There's one particular mini-game design like an air hockey game that I find exceedingly satisfying. It might just be the best Mario Party mini-game ever, but I would have to play some of the older mini-games to truly decide on that one.

I'm big on Mario Party games. I could understand people not liking it when they don't have partners to play with, but I am surrounded with people who enjoy playing it just as much or more than myself. When it comes to multiplayer games, you can't really go wrong with a Mario Party. I don't think they are getting worse, either. If you liked the original Mario Party, I don't see why one wouldn't like the newer Mario Party. I'm looking forward to the next installment, assuming there will be one. There has been a Mario Party game every year for the last 7 years, so I'm sure we'll see a Mario Party 8 in 2006.

Also, if you are generally interested in Mario games, then you'll also enjoy yourself. You got a great cast of Mario characters and familiar items. I've really been into the Mario familiarity lately. Dry Bones and Yoshi are probably my favorite characters to play with in MP7.

Get it!

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Klarth: Wait, microphone? There's a microphone peripheral for the GCN?

Where have you been?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/cosplaydexterity/PICT0690.jpg

There's an image of my microphone. It is a great little device. It responds quickly, but if you don't pronounce things properly, it isn't always accurate. I enjoy it. I expect they'll incorporate it into the Revolution and future Mario Party games. MUSHROOM!

If you really enjoy the Mario Party games, I don't see how one would think they are going overboard. Wouldn't you want more Mario Party games, thus want them to go a little 'overboard' with them? The more the better, in my opinion. Each one has its many differences and it isn't as if once you have the newer Mario Party game that the old one will be there simply to collect dust. I still go back to the Nintendo 64 Mario Party games and have an amusing time with those.

Posted by Klarth

Mario Party 2 was the most fun... Easily. VERY easily. Things were still fresh by that stage, but the microphone just seems like... a gimmick. :/

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Klarth]Mario Party 2 was the most fun... Easily. VERY easily. Things were still fresh by that stage, but the microphone just seems like... a gimmick. :/

I liked the first one more. It raped my hand and I woke up with a blister. I love those rotate the control stick mini-games.

Posted by Zeta

I'm really curious about the microphone. I should get MP7. I enjoy pretty much all the ones I've played... except 4. 4 just sucked.

Y'now, I don't think I've ever beaten a CPU player at that car racing thing in MP1.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Stalolin: I liked the first one more. It raped my hand and I woke up with a blister. I love those rotate the control stick mini-games.

And from 2 onwards they put those warnings in the manuals saying that you should use your thumb instead of the palm of your hand. It toughened my hands up, but I wound up snapping a control stick in the process. :(

Posted by D.J Cat

The first Mario Party would have been even better if it wasn't for those control stick destroying, hand breaking, control stick spinning games.

We were still playing Party 1 in 02, 03 and 04 even though my friend had Party 2 and 4.

Mario Party 2 was excelent with the dressing up.
The duel mode and battle mode were great additions.

Mario Party 4 had some really fun mini games, I thought.
I loved the one where you had to avoid bob-ombs for as long as possible.

Yeah, I'll get Party 7, if I know it will get good multiplayer use and if I can find a copy...:(

Posted by JonMB

Hey D.J, how you been? ;)

My nieces love the Mario Party games. They have 5, 6, and recently got 7. The microphone is kind of a gimmick, but it is fun. Mario Party 7 is basically just more of the same, but if you like Mario Party then that's a good thing!

Mario Party 4 is probably my favorite on the Gamecube, although the new ones do have some mighty cool mini games.

Posted by MicroSony

Attn Nintendo: Please stop making Mario Party games

Posted by JonMB

Why would they stop? People keep buying them.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

As far as I know, the only other game that uses the microphone, aside from MP6 and 7, is the as-yet-unreleased Odama. A military, strategy-based, voice-activated pinball sim.

Yeah, I don't understand it either.

Posted by Klarth

Something tells me that'll be a "never leaving Japan"-type title.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Something about the fact that it was advertised on Nintendo's European site makes me think otherwise.

Posted by Kergeros

Quoting JonMB: Why would they stop? People keep buying them.

And it seems that's what matters to them. =/
I didn't even knew gamecube had a microphone. =_= They are really getting mario party series too far though. They will end making mario party 57 with a minigame that is a yu-gi-oh card game.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Mario Party games will last as long as Nintendo lasts. I know...it's sad...but true.

Posted by JonMB

Quoting Kergeros: And it seems that's what matters to them. =/

Of course that's what matters to them. You say that like it's a bad thing. Maybe I misunderstand you.

1. Nintendo is a business. The purpose is to make money.

2. People keep buying them because people like them. They enjoy it. So why should Nintendo stop bringing enjoyment into the lives of people?

Posted by D.J Cat

And, if you don't like the game don't buy it.

No one says you have to play it.

Posted by naughtydogy

i play mario party 7 with my stepmom. i got the game with my game cube.

Posted by naughtydogy

Quoting D.J Cat: And, if you don't like the game don't buy it.

No one says you have to play it.

thanks! i saw all the captions...they were pretty funny, some crude, but funny. i got some good laughs!

Posted by Dr. Alan Grant

The thing i hate the bowser time it not fun at all