Your favorite Author

Posted by Ch

Hunter S. Thompson is my favorite author. too bad he died Sunday night. anyways he wrote He;;s Angels and other fine books. Who is your favorite author and what book did they write. Share with me your thoughts.

Posted by Scorpion

C.S. Lewis.

I absoulutley loved the Chronicles of Narnia, I just prefer the newer order people have put them in than to the order he put them out in.

Posted by -Shadow-

Quoting Karl Kroenen: C.S. Lewis.

I absoulutley loved the Chronicles of Narnia, I just prefer the newer order people have put them in than to the order he put them out in.

I agree, I like those books as well, but what is the new order assigned?

Anyway, my favorite author is Stephen King.

Posted by Scorpion

Quoting Mr.Smith: I agree, I like those books as well, but what is the new order assigned?

1. The Magician's Nephew
2. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
3. The Horse and His Boy
4. Prince Caspin
5. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
6. The Silver Chair
7. The Last Battle

The original order was quite confusing.

Posted by loony636

Quoting Scorpion: 1. The Magician's Nephew
3. The Horse and His Boy
4. Prince Caspin
6. The Silver Chair
7. The Last Battle

I always enjoyed a Narnia book. I liked the fact that they were based, to some extent, on the bible. Especially the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

My favourite author at the moment would have to be Kathy Reichs. She writes those Forensic Anthropologist books. They're very interesting and are a challanging read.

Posted by sabre

Dan Brown and Michael Crichton are both excellent authors; two of the only ones who I've checked out books by purely because they had their names on the front. (yeah, I know I phrased that badly.)

Posted by loony636

Dan Brown is a great author. He wrote that book, The Da Vinci Code, that is being made into a movie. Its a really good read.

Posted by Blade Weaver

I have read many books and one of my favorte authors is Anne McCaffrey; writer of the Dragonriders of Pern series.
It's not famous but they are a good series

Posted by Klarth

Philip K Dick and Douglas Adams. Both men were absolute visionaries.

Posted by Disturbed_one

R.A. Salvatorethe brillant mind that brought u the Dark Elf Trilogy

Posted by Boner

Well, even though he's dead now, I still have to say Douglas Adams. The man was brilliant!

Posted by gemstone

Quoting Scorpion: 1. The Magician's Nephew
3. The Horse and His Boy
4. Prince Caspin
6. The Silver Chair
7. The Last Battle

The original order was quite confusing.

I must say, I liked the original order better...it kept it more mysterious, having the Magician's Nephew late in the series.

Posted by Caryatid

Charles DeLint is good, even though he's kind of obscure. I loved The Blue Girl.

Posted by Tinkleheimer

Angus Oblong. Funniest books ever, do a search of his name to find his webpage.

Posted by Dreadnought

1. Stephen King
2. H.P Lovecraft

No questions asked.

Posted by Dreadnought

You guys seriously **** off, atari is the best ever. Jack Lamb... Dream Theatre worst group EVER. Even worse than Britney Spears and the Killers put together. Mario 4 Life.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

George R R Martin or Orson Scott Card. I can't really decide

Posted by Vaporeon

C.S. Lewis: great storytelling, exciting plots, and imaginative beastiary :) Also I'd have to beg to differ about the Dragonrider's of Pern. Practically everyone that's into fantasy seems to have heard of them, so I'd label them semifamous at least :D Those are good too ^^

Posted by Shade

Does anybody know what the original order was for CoN?

Garth Nix is my favorite author. He wrote the Seventh Tower books, the Sabriel trilogy, which was absolute genius. He also wrote Shade's Children, which is the basis for my username, and my favorite book of all time.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Steven Chbosky, he wrot my favorite book: The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Check it out, it connected with me on so many levels.

Posted by maian

Christopher Paolini. I really loved Eragon, and I look foward to the sequel in August.

Posted by Ava

Chuck Palahniuk, C.S. Lewis, S.E. Hinton, and Steven Pressfield are amongst my A list.

Posted by SailorClef

:O I like Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles but from what I've heard about her recently, the woman is a real wacko... She apparently chewed out some people for writing bad reviews of her last book on amazon.com? O_o or something..

Brian Jaques for his Redwall series too... though I'm afraid the fanbase is full of furry freaks ._.

So I just can't win, can I?

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I would have to say Anne Rice, Dean Koonitz, and K.A Applegate. Oh, and J.K Rowlings can have a cookie as well.