did anyone notice?

Posted by Red

Veeman here, some of you may know me from long time ago some of you may not, anyway I'm here to say I'm back, and also I don't know if this has ever been mentioned before, but. in the Canadian/U.S version of Megaman X collection. has anyone noticed the front cover of the game. has a mistake ( or so it seems) if u look at Zeros hair by his leg it doesn't make any sense just look at it for awhile and you might see, it could just be me I don't know. and if thats a case, this isn't the only time thats happened. it seemes to be a re occuring problem, if you've ever seen pictures of past games Zero's hair might also not make any sense either. did anyone notice any other mistakes.

Posted by Zeta

*Looks*
*Still looking*
...Zero has pigtails?

Posted by Stalolin

Looks sort of like it's growing out of his back instead of the back of his head.That's about all I see.

Posted by Zeta

Shave Zero's back and he'll purr like Frost Walrus.

Posted by Red

thats exactly what I meant his hair starts growing then when it gets past his legs a pretty different patch of hair is there? I know I may be over reacting but everytime I look at it, it just annoys me. kind of like after you realize the bats are on strings at the begingin of NightMare Before Christmas, thats all you ever look for when you watch that movie. Also there are many other glitches that I and others have probably noticed. I was recently playing, Megaman X-2 and in Flam Stag's stage, the whole areas walls are messed up and you can shoot right thorugh them.

Posted by Zeta

...Aren't you supposed to be able to shoot through walls in X1-X4?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Zeta]...Aren't you supposed to be able to shoot through walls in X1-X4?

I don't believe so.

Posted by Red

well I think so in some of those games but I mean those games are meant to be in front and in that stage they go BEHIND the wall

Posted by Zeta

Oh, I get it now.

[quote=Stalolin]I don't believe so.
I'm pretty sure you can. I remember shooting through walls to kill some turtle bots in Spark Mandrill's stage, both in the original and MMXC.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Zeta]Oh, I get it now.

I'm pretty sure you can. I remember shooting through walls to kill some turtle bots in Spark Mandrill's stage, both in the original and MMXC.

oh shi-

Yeah, nevermind. You're right.

Posted by Red

yes you can. at least X 1-3 you are able to shoot through walls.don't know about X 4. also in X1 is the Homing missle attack you get from Launch octopus, suposed to be called Horming missle or Homing missle? because when u get it it says Horming? is that even a word?

Posted by Zeta

Must be a typo, like Bilzzard Buffalo, and all those random Bs in X5.

[quote]don't know about X 4.
You can in X4. The 'can't go through walls' bull started in X5, my least favorite of the series.

Posted by Red

ah I see, I personally liked X5 the newer style of graphiocs and pretty cool armors / moves. but then again I'm weird. I liked X7 and no one else seemed too.

Posted by Pit

X5 was the downfall of the X games. Megaman Zero, which isn't an X game, surpassed my expectation and I favor them over all the X games, even X1 - X3, due to a better storyline, deeper combat, really, really, really cool looking bosses (Duff McWhalen, Infinity Mijinion... Tornado Tonion, wtf?), diffcult stages, cyber elf system, amors and boss weapons.

Hopefully Megaman XZ or ZX, can live to my expectations. If it surpasses the Zero series, I will jizz.

Posted by Roger Smith

Well maybe now that we're entering the new generation MMX will hopefully get another chance.

Posted by Red

... ... ...ew

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Pit: X5 was the downfall of the X games. Megaman Zero, which isn't an X game, surpassed my expectation and I favor them over all the X games, even X1 - X3, due to a better storyline, deeper combat, really, really, really cool looking bosses (Duff McWhalen, Infinity Mijinion... Tornado Tonion, wtf?), diffcult stages, cyber elf system, amors and boss weapons.

I agree with pretty much everything in your post, but what's wrong with Mijinon?

Posted by Pit

Quoting Zeta: I agree with pretty much everything in your post, but what's wrong with Mijinon?

that name is funny :(

Posted by Red

what game was he from I don't remember it? but I do agree there was something very wrong with Duff Mc Whalen, name and bot.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Zeta]I agree with pretty much everything in your post, but what's wrong with Mijinon?

Pretty much all of this:

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Pit: that name is funny :(

But it makes sense. Mijinon is Japanese for water flea, and he can make limitless copies of himself. At least its not as bad as the X5 English boss names.

[quote=Stalolin]Pretty much all of this:

I thought Miginon looked pretty good. You can see his heart/core, just like a real water flea.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Zeta]But it makes sense. Mijinon is Japanese for water flea, and he can make limitless copies of himself. At least its not as bad as the X5 English boss names.

I thought Miginon looked pretty good. You can see his heart/core, just like a real water flea.

well ****, why didn't they just call him RAPID WATERFLEA, like... rapid waterfall.

because no one knows what a Mijinon is.

Posted by Ant

That ****er is hard :(

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Ant]That ****er is hard :(

somewhat agreed, mijinion is a ***** to fight.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Stalolin: because no one knows what a Mijinon is.

*Points to Boomer Kuwanger*

[quote]somewhat agreed, mijinion is a ***** to fight.

Ya, how are you supposed to use Guard Shell on him anyways?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Zeta]*Points to Boomer Kuwanger*
I remember researching that and finding it was completely made-up. If they can find out what the word means, then I expect an english translation, but no, Capcom apparently didn't deliver.

And I think I used the charged Guard Shell on him, and on High Max.

Posted by Zeta

Kuwanger is named after the Kuwagata Beetle, a japanese Stag Beetle. So he could be Boomer Stag, or Boomer Beetle, or whatever.

Posted by Pit

but Boomer Kuwanger sounds cool. ****ing Infinity Mijinion sounds retarded.

Posted by Zeta

I guess it just boils down to opinion and personal preferences, then.

Posted by Pit

ur mom

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Pit: ur mom

Kicked your ***?

Posted by Pit

Quoting Zeta: licked your ***?

indeed

Posted by Red

Quoting Zeta: *Points to Boomer Kuwanger

I remember years ago on Vgchat, we had a long discusion / argument about the whole Boomer Kuwanger thing. and to this day we do not know what it is. but I agree the name does sound cool and I can't immagine what other names could that creative mind of Inafune come up with. Now if You'll excuse me, I just finished the end of Zero4 and would like to see what happens.B.T.W has anyone found out why they call him WEIL in this game, they couldn't just stick to Willy?

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Mr.Red: I remember years ago on Vgchat, we had a long discusion / argument about the whole Boomer Kuwanger thing. and to this day we do not know what it is

Look at my second-to-last post.
EDIT: 3rd-to-last post, sry. 27th post in this thread.

[quote]
Now if You'll excuse me, I just finished the end of Zero4 and would like to see what happens.B.T.W has anyone found out why they call him WEIL in this game, they couldn't just stick to Willy?

They're not the same person. They're just both evil old scientists with a sexual interest in Zero. (Why do you think Wily made him look somewhat female?)

@Pit: XD

Posted by Red

oh sorry I seem really stupid now. and I did see your post its just that he does'nt seem like a beatle to me, also I am truly hating whoever came up with this ending right now. :( Zero ...

Posted by Stalolin

keep spamming to a minimum. If you at least provide a bit of disscussion in your post then I'll continue allowing off-topic comments.

Posted by Zeta

...Did anyone else start thinking of G Gundam when X did that hand thing to Sigma?

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power, SHINING FINGER!"

And apparently Domon and X have the same voice actor. Coincidence? Not likely.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Zeta]...Did anyone else start thinking of G Gundam when X did that hand thing to Sigma?

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power, SHINING FINGER!"

And apparently Domon and X have the same voice actor. Coincidence? Not likely.

Yeah, I was totally thinking the same.

And then it would have been like "GUNDAM FIGHT, READY... GO!" and then Argo and Domon would have ended the fight in a draw.

Posted by Red

Quoting Stalolin: keep spamming to a minimum. If you at least provide a bit of disscussion in your post then I'll continue allowing off-topic comments.

sorry I'll try not to do it again. anyway on a more on topic note. DID ANYONE NOTICE in the first 3 X games Zero's head is a tad bit too big for his body?

Posted by Zeta

LOL, I thought this was The Day of Sigma thread when I posted my last message.

So, to stay on topic: Did anyone notice the guns and roses in Spike RoseRed's stage in X5?[/rhetorical]

Posted by Pit

I thought that was in X3?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Zeta]LOL, I thought this was The Day of Sigma thread when I posted my last message.

So, to stay on topic: Did anyone notice the guns and roses in Spike RoseRed's stage in X5?[/rhetorical]

roflroflrofl

Capcom has always had a thing for Guns and Roses.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Pit: I thought that was in X3?

No, the only connection X3 has to GnR is that Tiger's stage music is based off one of their tunes.

*Checks wikipedia to see which song*

[quote=Stalolin]roflroflrofl

Capcom has always had a thing for Guns and Roses.

Bastards ruined X5's bosses.

EDIT: The song was My Michelle.

Posted by Red

I don't remember a Guns and Roses thing, where is it in the level?

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Mr.Red: I don't remember a Guns and Roses thing, where is it in the level?

Spike RoseRed*/Axel the Red's stage, right at the start. There's a fence covered in roses, and giant guns in the background.

I refuse to use their GnR names.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Mr.Red]I don't remember a Guns and Roses thing, where is it in the level?

The name Axel The Red is directly related to Guns and Roses, for starters.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Stalolin: The name Axel The Red is directly related to Guns and Roses, for starters.

Pretty much everyone except Spiral Pegasus/The Skiver is named after a GnR member.

Posted by Red

haha I remember that fence now. yes, I'm not a huge GnR fan myself but I can clearly see now that Capcom does have a thing for them. huh, learn something new everyday.