Next GTA

Posted by brownoystercult

It shocked me when I read it.

The next GTA for the consoles will in fact be a re-make of Liberty City Stories. Hopefully Rockstar will add some new changes and make the game more rounded off. Hmm..flying to California on an airplane would be really cool. Also, this hasto mean multiplayer. Which is a huge plus.

Thoughts?

EDIT: This WILL be for the PS2.

Posted by SuperSoupy

whats C.A?

anyway yea should be a good game. I havent got a PSP so I missed out on this game. Im not expecting anything new to the series like San Andreas brought, just a straight port. But maybe the option of entering more buildings though, something you couldnt do in GTA3. Then again if you could do that on the PSP version like I said all Im expecting is a straight copy of the game to PS2.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=SuperSoupy]whats C.A?
CaliforniA

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and guess that they're going to bundle it with another reissue of GTA3. It'd make sense, I guess.

Posted by Xeal

http://www.gta4.net/

enjoy, Im not sayibg that this is true though

Posted by muffla

hmmm i dnt understand

how could sanandreas even b condicerd the same as gta3? or in the same series but october isnt that too too far away

Posted by Xeal

Quoting muffla: hmmm i dnt understand

how could sanandreas even b condicerd the same as gta3? or in the same series but october isnt that too too far away

It is the same "story", the three games Gta3, VC and SA are bound to eachother in some way.

Posted by r.o.f

why dont they go back to london,i wouldnt mind saying a few things to the queen. they are probly going to make libery city stories for consoles and go from sence the storie line is diffrent

Posted by Klarth

Timeline goes something like this:

GTA London: 1961
Vice City: 198X
San Andreas: 1992
Liberty City Stories: 1998
GTA3: 2001
GTA4: 2006? Maybe.

And yeah, they're all tied together - CJ from San An does a stint working for Salvatore Leone, the LC mob boss. Maria, Toni Cipriani's not-quite-girlfriend (see LCS) meets Salvatore Leone in Las Venturas. Ken Rosenberg and Kent Paul from VC both appear towards the end of SA. Claude Speed (GTA3 playable character) appears in a SA mission.

And so on.

Posted by Xeal

Quoting r.o.f: why dont they go back to london,i wouldnt mind saying a few things to the queen. they are probly going to make libery city stories for consoles and go from sence the storie line is diffrent

Taken from the site:

Sam Houser stated that GTA San Andreas was to mark the end of the GTA3 trilogy.

That excludes Liberty City Stories.

Posted by Klarth

What with a trilogy being to do with things coming in sets of three.

Posted by r.o.f

havent we been threw this klarth before..now im starting to hate GTA..anyone hear anything about the bully?it said not to be released in another 2 months

Posted by Xeal

hate gta? The combination of these two words just dont go together you know. Unless your'e a goverment guy or an angry parent.

Posted by r.o.f

i like rockstar but i dont like gta.to much b s to talk about

Posted by Ch

Wow. I'm actually pumped for this new game. Hopefully they'll *** many new things but not overdo it.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I played through about 1/3 of GTA San Andreas and just got bored with it. They jsut added too muhc into it. It felt like they wanted to try to make it have every element possible to appeal to as large an audiance as possible and ended up with a hulking, clumsy giant that relies on having GTA as its name.

Though that hippie guy did kick some major ***.

Oh dude, the game gets sooo much better when you get to Las Vegas.

The missions, stores, everything.

:(

Posted by Lord of Spam

It still felt cumbersome. There didnt seem to be any unifying style of gameplay. It was so scattered and random that you never knew what type of mission to expect next. It tried so hard to be so many things that it didnt take the time to develope any one area well.

Posted by Ch

Quoting Roinkz: Oh dude, the game gets sooo much better when you get to Las Vegas.

The missions, stores, everything.

Very true. The missions there remind me of some of the awesome ones from the past games such as "BombThe Base" from GTA3 and "The Job" from Vice City.

Posted by basterd

they probly won't evan be working on a new gta when they think it should be released, they will just glorify(whateva) LCS, I think they should remake the 3 islands like put in the twin towers or something. I havent played the lcs for psp but I think that gta3 needed the motorcycles, who no's we will just have to wait for it to come out.

Posted by muffla

i heard that a couple years after the ps3 comes out they r gonna make a huge gta with lcs vc and sa all in one game with small storie modes on each "island" and one grand story mode that will take about 100+ hours

You also heard wrong.

Posted by lordmucifer

Lol yes I agree, not only would that be a ridiculous waste of time, it would cost so much to make that rockstar wouldn't even bother. How much could the expect to make off a combination of 3 games that will most likely be forgotten or at least surpassed by then. For all we know, we could be given virtual helmets and guns and running around shooting each other in real like (sarcasm for those with innocent minds)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Klarth: And yeah, they're all tied together - CJ from San An does a stint working for Salvatore Leone, the LC mob boss. Maria, Toni Cipriani's not-quite-girlfriend (see LCS) meets Salvatore Leone in Las Venturas. Ken Rosenberg and Kent Paul from VC both appear towards the end of SA. Claude Speed (GTA3 playable character) appears in a SA mission.

And so on.

You also have Jethro and the other guy who work at the garage. They appeared as mechanics in the boathouse in Vice City. And Catalina, the girl who sets you up at the beginning of GTA3, who is Cesar's cousin.

:cool:

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

LCS PS2 release date: June 6th for US, June 9th for UK.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Quoting Wings: LCS PS2 release date: June 6th for US, June 9th for UK.

That was fast.

I can't imagine it being all that great.

It's a good game, but the PSP controls let it down massively.

If there's the ability to move your save from PSP to PS2 and vice-versa, then I might just get it. Especially since it's being released at Platinum prices on first release.

Posted by spidermatt

i liked true crime better than gta, especially the driving reallism.

GREATEST ****ING HITS*

Posted by GameMiestro

The sad thing is that people who own the original will probably buy this game. Then again, a lot of PS2 owners don't own the original.

I'm ashamed to say that I preordered LCS for PS2 today. I may not actually get it, though - I think that some sort of exchange deal might clinch it, some sort of 'trade in the PSP version and get the PS2 version for half price!' type thing, especially if I can transfer my save over from one to the other.

But then, my PSP is pointless. :)

Posted by juliebriggs

no, now u got a really fragile mp3 player lol