Halo 2 for the PC is no longer a myth!

Posted by -])arkSide-

It has been anounced...
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/press/2006/0206-halo2vista.htm

Posted by NegativeTrend

Too bad you're going to have to use Windows next crappy OS to play it.

Posted by GameMiestro

In 2012, I can finally play Halo 2 on the Macintosh! :)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Pff, pretty retarded why to sway people into buying Vista.

Posted by -])arkSide-

Quoting Vampiro: Pff, pretty retarded why to sway people into buying Vista.
Yeah, the game never swayed me into buying an Xbox, and its still not going to do it for Vista. I will get Vista, a year, to a year and a half after its release, like i always planned to, that way some of its bugs are worked out.

Posted by Klarth

****it I was about to post this exact thing.

Well, I already downloaded the Xbox version so I'm set :)

Posted by cool gamer dad

Way to make a bad game even worse, Bungie!

Posted by Lord of Spam

At least now you can use the proper fps controls.:cool:

Posted by -])arkSide-

Quoting Stinger: Way to make a bad game even worse, Bungie!

Why does that make it worse? If anything it will be a lot better...

Posted by cool gamer dad

The controls would ruin a lot of the almost-fun elements of the game! With a mouse and keyboard, even a beginner would be able to pick up:

BXR
BXB
Double Shot

And other assorted weapon glitches.

Master Chief doesn't move all that much. There's no right or left tilts... only crouching. I like that in my computer FPS's.

If you've played Halo: CE on the computer, you'd know the lag is less than enjoyable. And most important of all:

COMMUNICATION! Halo 2 is a team-oriented game rather than skill. I'm not going to type out a message while trying to hold BR tower with combo in the window while my team is holding BR-1,2,3!

And seriously people: Halo 2 snipe + mouse = LOL

Now, I know I shouldn't blame Bungie. After all, I doubt the game itself is going to change much at all. It's just going to be on the computer.

Posted by -])arkSide-

Quoting Stinger: The controls would ruin a lot of the almost-fun elements of the game! With a mouse and keyboard, even a beginner would be able to pick up:

BXR
BXB
Double Shot

And other assorted weapon glitches.

Master Chief doesn't move all that much. There's no right or left tilts... only crouching. I like that in my computer FPS's.

If you've played Halo: CE on the computer, you'd know the lag is less than enjoyable. And most important of all:

COMMUNICATION! Halo 2 is a team-oriented game rather than skill. I'm not going to type out a message while trying to hold BR tower with combo in the window while my team is holding BR-1,2,3!

And seriously people: Halo 2 snipe + mouse = LOL

Now, I know I shouldn't blame Bungie. After all, I doubt the game itself is going to change much at all. It's just going to be on the computer.
Well I have Halo: CE for he PC and i usually have around 63 ping on it, so i hardly get lag...

And PCs have mics too, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't remove that from the game...

And what is BXR, BXB?

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote='-])arkSide-']Well I have Halo: CE for he PC and i usually have around 63 ping on it, so i hardly get lag...

And PCs have mics too, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't remove that from the game...

And what is BXR, BXB?
A microphone feature would work wonders for Halo 2 PC.

I'd rather play over a smooth custom game connection on XBL, but alright. If 63+ ping is good enough for you, then you should play Halo 1 on XboxConnect instead. :cool:

In Halo 2, there are two mele speeds for the Battle Rifle (hopefully you're playing a game that starts with it). There is the fast melee, and the slow melee. If you simply mash the B button, you'll notice that sometimes you'll swing fast... but then you'll get some really crappy melees. If you press X between melees, hence BXB, it will cancel the slow melee animation as if you're getting the good melee every time. This, i'd imagine, would be very easy to get used to on a keyboard.

BXR is simply being able to melee and shoot at the same time, which results in an instant death (if you have the crosshairs on the head). Again the X cancels the animation between actions.

You see, on a controller, the average player would move their thumb over to press B and X. But what about the control stick? You either have to have had the crosshairs on their head before hand, or have very fast fingers. On a keyboard, the only thing you have to move is the mouse.

I won't go into clawing and how the keyboard would ruin that.

Posted by Moogs

I still think they should come out with a Keyboard and mouse to go into the 360 USB ports.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Uh. Any standard USB mouse and keyboard should work on the 360.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Uh. Any standard USB mouse and keyboard should work on the 360.

It's just a matter of the game recognizing it as a controlling device.

Posted by Moogs

Yes, that is what I mean. Have some that the game recognizes.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Yeah sorry, I'm stupid.

Posted by JonMB

They did make a keyboard/mouse adapter for the Xbox. See it: http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=&products_id=5438&

Gah, I hate BXB, BXR, superjumping, etc. I also hate how the host has such a great advantage. But I still love the game, heh.

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=JonMB]They did make a keyboard/mouse adapter for the Xbox. See it: [URL="http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=&products_id=5438&"]http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=&products_id=5438&[/URL]

Gah, I hate BXB, BXR, superjumping, etc. I also hate how the host has such a great advantage. But I still love the game, heh.
BXB gets rid of the random animation. :(

BXR is fun and keeps the "BBBBBBBB" nub game at a shooting distance. :(

Superjumping is gay. :(

Don't get me started on Wisconson-to-California hosts. :)