Is it just me, or do we have a noob problem?

Posted by psp

I havnt been here in a while. I just started coming back to this site about a week ago and i have noticed one major thing. A hardore noob attack. I mean, in almost every topic i look at, i see a thread made by someone with either negative feedback or less than 10 rep. I also see that they make very retarded threads about fake things or about things that will never happen. They also bad mouth mods, admins, and people who have very high feedback thinking they are right. Im not saying that im not a noob myself or anything(seeing as my rep is only 109), but it would be nice to see some decent posts by a beginner or even a beginner with over 10 feedback. =)

Posted by Stalolin

it's probably just chec

Posted by Iris

yes, with 109 rep, it is not safe to say you aren't a noob

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Thanks for contributing!

Posted by Jesse Smith

We need more n00bies. :D

Posted by Linko_16

What do you expect mods to do about it? There's no rule against n00bs.

Posted by maian

guyz im p0pulir bcuz ive got m0re then 1000 rep B)0:cool::coo::cool:

But seriously, rep matters for nothing. Not only that, but pretty much every message board will have a noob problem. They're like weeds. You can't get rid of them. Even if we could, they would just come back.

...Thus being like weeds >_>

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Iris: yes, with 109 rep, it is not safe to say you aren't a noob

lol

Posted by Poison

Then I

Posted by KoH

Woah... what the hell. Poison, you are a whore.

Posted by Poison

Whore? The first and only time I have ever been asked to be repped was …?

It was your primary intent to get as much rep as possible, especially when you first started posting. Therefore, whore.

Posted by Poison

Why must you forsake me? Lisa, I told you and a few others of my goal in VGC, I trusted you and now I see you can cast away things with such ease. I can only assume this is the type of person you are in real life.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Poison]Whore? The first and only time I have ever been asked to be repped was

Posted by Xero

[QUOTE=Poison]Then I

Posted by GameMiestro

And has yet to get over 88 posts.

Posted by mis0

It's not just you; there has been a idiot influx over the last few days.

Proposed solution: Burn them at the stake.

You bring the gas, I'll chop down the telephone pole.

Posted by Xero

Quoting GameMiestro: And has yet to get over 88 posts.

Well poison usually posts in the suggestion board and in the web blogs too and the post count does not go up there... she/he will probably remain at 88 for a while...

Posted by Kent Traffic Cop

I've only got a small rep, but I've been here nearly 2 years and I'm not a n00b :confused:

Posted by Klarth

Debatable depending on whose definition you're planning on following. :/

Posted by Xero

Quoting Kent Traffic Cop: I've only got a small rep, but I've been here nearly 2 years and I'm not a n00b :confused:

I've been here for a year, I have more rep than you do and I'm still a n00b!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's not how long you've been a member, but how stupid you are.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Listen well to the kriegness that ist vampiro.

Posted by mis0

Numbers are just numbers. Judge based on actions; that is how you determine who is/isn't a "noob" or idiot.

Posted by Xero

I thought love of war was a nice member. Maybe his posts weren't good, but he was nice. I liked him.

Whatever you guys will say, I know, in my head, that I'm still a n00b at VGC and I'll be one until vampiro, klarth and lord of spam stop saying they hate me...means forever I'll be a n00b :(

Posted by The Judge

Until you learn to understand when people are joking and when they're being serious, and how to properly respond/retaliate, you'll be a noob.

Quoted post: and how to properly respond/retaliate

Most important part right there. Anyone can understand that's someone is joking, but you can't seem to properly respong. Fix that.

Quoted post:
I thought love of war was a nice member. Maybe his posts weren't good, but he was nice. I liked him.

May I ask why you think that?

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro: Most important part right there. Anyone can understand that's someone is joking, but you can't seem to properly respong. Fix that.

I'll work on it, I swear, but plz give me a chance.

Quoting Vampiro: May I ask why you think that?

Cuz I repped him and he sent a thanx PM to me saying his real problem so I got to understand him. Hes doing his best guys.

Posted by KoH

Calling a person a "n00b" is merely saying that they lack the maturity. Typing correctly also helps to improve the image of maturity as well.

Posted by Arczu

Quite frankly, I really don't think anybody needs to be "doing their best" in a message board full of people-- many of which who don't know who everyone else really is in real life. Common sense and prospective clashes, all that complicated stuff is sometihing you have to learn how to understand by yourself.

The "n00b" definition changes a bit from time to time, but in no way is it realatd to "newbie" (leaving out the "new" part).

EDIT: Small correction, it MAY be possible to weed out all the "n00bs" (maybe 85% of em') in VGC, but do you really think a "wacko" admin is going to do it?

Posted by GameMiestro

Also, cool people edit their posts before actually posting it.

Posted by Xero

Quoting GameMiestro: Also, cool people edit their posts before actually posting it.

Yes, but it usually shows on the botom of the post who and when edited. This way everyone knows its not the original.

About the typing, I'm doing my best guys, sry...

Posted by Dragner

There may be a lot of NOOBs on here ( me being one ) but you know people on this board take them self's to seriously. They try to make people fell stupid for some small amount of self gratification, I really think some people need to take whatever is up their asses out and realize none here is better than anyone else.

Posted by Iris

Y'know, most of the boards regular posters aren't noobs.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Flame ghost]Yes, but it usually shows on the botom of the post who and when edited. This way everyone knows its not the original.

No, thats not...

Never mind.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Dragner]I really think some people need to take whatever is up their asses out and realize none here is better than anyone else.

Though that thought may be nice, there is far too much pride here. Little chance anyone is going to go and realize that.

Posted by Klarth

I'm not proud. It's just that I'm actually better than all of you.

Posted by mis0

Except for me, Klarth. You're miles behind my possibly lethal sphere of superiority.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Klarth: I'm not proud. It's just that I'm actually better than all of you.

Hum...No.

I think miso is better than you. Vampiro too, judgy, gamemiestro, stalolin, ant, kodachi, echo, sniper etc...are better than you.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I choose to believe that I am part of etc.

Posted by Xero

...I'm hesitating there...*looking at darkness advanced or more exactly ATTN: flame ghost*... Yeah if I still like vampiro v. empire, then your on the list too ;)

Quoted post: About the typing, I'm doing my best guys, sry...

No you're not. You clearly aren't doing your best. It's not hard to type properly. In fact, assuming you're AT LEAST eleven years old, it should be incredibly easy.

I'm not trying to be mean, but it's the truth. This shouldn't be a hard thing to do. You shouldn't have to try your beat and still fail.

Quoted post: but you know people on this board take them self's to seriously.

The majority of people don't. Most generally just joke around. Of course, there's always an exception, and members like Flame Ghost can bring out the most serious of even the most non-serious members. But really, it's the internet. The internet is ****ing serious business.

Quoted post: They try to make people fell stupid for some small amount of self gratification,

Gratification? Doubt it. Probably more for the hell of it. I know I get no personal gratification out of it anyways...

Quoted post: none here is better than anyone else.

Like Klarth said, he is better than you. I am better than you. So are other members on this board and on the internet. Someone will always be better than you. This applies to school, work, the internet, just about everything. No one is equal, you should know this by now.

lol :cookie:

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro: No you're not. You clearly aren't doing your best. It's not hard to type properly. In fact, assuming you're AT LEAST eleven years old, it should be incredibly easy.

I'm not trying to be mean, but it's the truth. This shouldn't be a hard thing to do. You shouldn't have to try your beat and still fail.

Well you know french is meh first moon, so I'm still learning english and I'm improving slowly cuz my very first account here was horrible spellingwise ;)

Yes, I'm doing my best, I check over my posts, I even ask my dad if it makes sense.

Oh, fair enough.

Posted by mis0

As shamed as I am to admit to this, I myself am not really a proficient typer. I'm nearing 18 years of age. I wouldn't pin anything onto age, Vampie.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Flame ghost: Well you know french is meh first moon

What the hell... I think you forgot to add on language :cool:

Quoted post: As shamed as I am to admit to this, I myself am not really a proficient typer. I'm nearing 18 years of age. I wouldn't pin anything onto age, Vampie.

There's a bit of a difference between being a bad typer (occasional typos and whatnot) and typing badly (internet slang, many spelling mistakes, et cetera).

I don't really have a problem with either, but the latter is far more annoying to read.

Posted by mis0

I thought we just called the latter "idiots"..?

... right?

That's not being debated. I was saying that you'd have to be really young to find spelling/typing difficult. Which is fairly true. Otherwise you're a "noob" or an idiot. Then it turned out that Flame Ghost wasn't even English. So it didn't really apply to him.

So I never said otherwise.

Posted by Echo

There actually does seem to be an influx of n00bs recently. I'm willing to bet a handful of them are the same person, but for some reason I can't get into the modcp to check. Being a n00b should be a bannable offense.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Ant: What the hell... I think you forgot to add on language :cool:

yes it appears I did...

Thanx for confessing this miso...I feel much better right now and I'm not being sarcastic ;)

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro: ... right?

That's not being debated. I was saying that you'd have to be really young to find spelling/typing difficult. Which is fairly true. Otherwise you're a "noob" or an idiot. Then it turned out that Flame Ghost wasn't even English. So it didn't really apply to him.

So I never said otherwise.

Then I'm an idiot. I usually have to glance down at the keyboard every couple of words and type at a blazing 30-something WPM.

Quoted post: Then I'm an idiot. I usually have to glance down at the keyboard every couple of words and type at a blazing 30-something WPM.

Like I said, you're a bad typer, not typing badly. There's a difference.

Quoting Echo: I'm willing to bet a handful of them are the same person, but for some reason I can't get into the modcp to check.

Yes you can. Once you've logged in, remove '?do=main&username=modcp' from the url, and hit enter.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Flame ghost: Well you know french is meh first moon, so I'm still learning english

Oh, Vraiment? J'apprends le francais, mais je ne suis pas tres bien maintenant.

r0x0rz

Posted by Xero

Quoting Linko_16: Oh, Vraiment? J'apprends le francais, mais je ne suis pas tres bien maintenant.

r0x0rz

Sa va venir, tu vas voir ;) Bonne chance dans ton apprentissage ;)

Posted by Lord of Spam

ne parle pas la langue de la lune mainentant!

[quote=VAMPY]I'm not trying to be mean, but it's the truth. This shouldn't be a hard thing to do. You shouldn't have to try your beat and still fail.

lol:cool:

Posted by Xero

Quoting Lord of Spam: ne parle pas la langue de la lune mainentant!

D

Posted by Lord of Spam

Non.>:0 C'est interdit. Utilisez un PM.

Posted by sabre

aussi est le parler outre de la mati

Posted by Lord of Spam

All this moon talk would surely make Ant's head explode.

Posted by sabre

was?

Posted by Lord of Spam

gb2DA

Posted by Xero

Alright. Thanx for keeping me aware of this rule ;)

Posted by Iris

I can deal with derailing, but French derailing? That's where I draw the line.