Attn: Attention whores!

Posted by Boner

Hello fellow VGCers. I know I'm not like the regular posters here. I'll post for a month or two, then vanish for about a month. I'm about as inconsistent as Pit's sexual preference. I have recently started posting again (why, i don't know). But, I have noticed that the typical "attention whores" have really jumped up in the rep department. Sure, they have thousands of rep points, but also thousands of posts to match. Here's a simple, little math equation to show quality over quantity....

Rep. points / total posts = average rep per post.

Example: For me.... 2636 rep / 849 posts = 3.1048... avg. rep per post.

I'd like to see some of the bigshots around here do this equation. Sure, I could do the math myself. But, I'm lazy. I couldn't decide if this should go in the community board or in posting games. So, I'll leave it to the mods to decide.

Cheers.

Posted by Fate

I thought this was going to be breaking news. wtf

Posted by Lord of Spam

Looks like you're worse than me.

Posted by Boner

Quoting Fate: I thought this was going to be breaking news. wtf

Breaking news about attention whores? Hah! Sorry.

Posted by KoH

I thought you were gonna go on some awesome vendetta against the female population here. But meh, whatever.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Posted by Axis

Posted by Pit

WHY AM I ALWAYS MENTIONED IN YOUR POSTS BILL

HI

Posted by Jesse Smith

Beat this.... .33702630003 :D:D:D:D

Posted by Stalolin

I'm an attention whore.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

1.16!!

Posted by Ant

Hoo...rah.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Posted by mis0

But I already knew I was a whore.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Posted by MetalVox~55

K lets find out:

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Well...it's nice to see you posting on the boards again Bill :D

Anyway... 1.188...

Posted by Raptor

Several members here, such as myself, accrued thousands of posts before the rep system even existed, so I don't think the calculation means as much as you think it does.

Posted by Iris

uh, blog posts get rep too ^_______^

Posted by coromoro

0.74... I really don't see how this would work... :cool:

Posted by Cronoan

2.034. Your butt is mine Anthony. :cool:

Posted by Ant

Psh, whatever. It doesn't matter because none of us will have as high rep as The Judge has and deserves.

Posted by sniper

Lessee...

I'd like to think this is an epenis measurement with every 1 point = 1/2 a foot.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Opeth, this doesn't show too much because honestly, about 500 of my 3331 rep points were gained in the old wacko board, in threads where you just posted there, and repped everyone else, and in return, everyone repped you. So... yeah.

Posted by Philsdad

Posted by sniper

Starting to look like the lower your number the bigger of an attention whore you are :O

Posted by Klarth

Hmm, let's see...

Posted by Kodachi

I should make a new account and rep myself once, just to further prove how this equation doesn't work.

Posted by sabre

4,115 / 4,892 = 0.84116925592804578904333605887163, apparently

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Kodachi: I should make a new account and rep myself once, just to further prove how this equation doesn't work.

No, it certainly doesn't... there are far too many outside factors that affect it.

Still... I got 1.9609427 recurring.

Posted by Xero

Let me see...

305/530= 0.58

Posted by The Judge

1.703, though I'm sure my post count would be drastically higher if blog posts counted.

Posted by Echo

Posted by Boner

Quoting Kodachi: I should make a new account and rep myself once, just to further prove how this equation doesn't work.

The equation does, in fact, work. The fact that there are many other things that factor into the end result is a completely different story. The overall purpose and original intent of this thread was to kill some boredom for me. And so far it has done just that. Don't take this thread seriously. It's strictly for entertainment purposes only. :D

Posted by GameMiestro

0.1622 :)

If people have zero posts, does this mean their attention count is "E"?

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Echo: 2.67

0.37 ^_^

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I swear if you people turn whether or not this equation works into a 4 page argument. . .

Hope it does!

Posted by GameMiestro

According to this equation, Poison easily beats everyone...

Technically, no. Since, I'm pretty positive that all of his rep came form blog posts.

So he's basically an exception.

Posted by Echo

Quoting Wicked Sushi: 0.37 ^_^

Heh, I thought that was sorta high. I did posts/rep.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Opeth: The equation does, in fact, work.

The fact that there are many other things that factor into the end result is a completely different story.

Does that seem massively contradictory to anyone else?

Does it really matter?

Posted by Arczu

Hmm... not bad I think... or something like that.

Oh yeah... I was curious and decided to do Poison's even though it is false as hell. He gets a whopping 20.15909... had that been all true though.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Richaod]No, it certainly doesn't... there are far too many outside factors that affect it.

Still... I got 1.9609427 recurring.

Uh... 0.50978372811534500514933058702369 rather.

People, do the equation right, ****it.

Posted by GameMiestro

I figured out the top and bottom "attention scores" on the forum-

Top: Oscen Funebris, technically, but I can't see his rep, so ArchAngel312 would be the highest with a score of 48.

Bottom: WOWcrazt, with -2645. As expected.

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=Echo]2.67
...posts for every rep point. I think you've got it backwards.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Stinger: ...posts for every rep point. I think you've got it backwards.

Read the thread, nub.

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=Wicked Sushi]Read the thread, nub.
Don't make me get all cat-like on you.

Sounds pretty gay.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'd download it.

Posted by Boner

Quoting Kodachi: Does that seem massively contradictory to anyone else?

How do you figure? Look, it's a simple equation that performs a simple task. If you wish to complicate things and factor in other elements, then the equation must change. How hard of a concept is this for you to grasp? I can understand that you want to use big words to make yourself seem that much more intelligent, while at the same time making someone else seem dumb. It's like killing two birds with one stone for you.

Hey, there's a GREAT example. Let's put my equation to use with this one. OK, 2 birds, 1 stone. What is the average number of stones used to kill each bird?

Well, 2 birds divided by 1 stone = 0.5 stones per bird. Simple, right? Now, in steps you, and you start talking about wind velocity, the velocity at which the stone was thrown, the weight of the stone, position of the sun, what types of birds they were, and wether or not they should have been in that particular region for that time of year anyway. Well, that would be a totally different equation, now wouldn't it?

I can't believe that I make a simple, stupid thread, and people have to turn into rocket scientists on me.

Posted by Ant

Well, don't do it ever again okay?

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Opeth: How do you figure? Look, it's a simple equation that performs a simple task. If you wish to complicate things and factor in other elements, then the equation must change.
It's not complicating things if they are required.
[quote]I can understand that you want to use big words to make yourself seem that much more intelligent, while at the same time making someone else seem dumb.
Me use big words? [spoiler]me fail english? that's unpossible![/spoiler]
Are you kidding?

[quote]Hey, there's a GREAT example. Let's put my equation to use with this one. OK, 2 birds, 1 stone. What is the average number of stones used to kill each bird?

Well, 2 birds divided by 1 stone = 0.5 stones per bird. Simple, right? Now, in steps you, and you start talking about wind velocity, the velocity at which the stone was thrown, the weight of the stone, position of the sun, what types of birds they were, and wether or not they should have been in that particular region for that time of year anyway. Well, that would be a totally different equation, now wouldn't it?

I can't believe that I make a simple, stupid thread, and people have to turn into rocket scientists on me.

Those factors wouldn't change the average.
Things like rep limit(per day, and per person), rep threads, and old Jesse reps(when he gave 666 rep points) do.

Posted by Xero

Quoting GameMiestro: According to this equation, Poison easily beats everyone...

Well yes, but if you count all the blog and suggestion board posts, the rating wouldn't be first anymore...

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Posted by Pit

Quoting Kodachi: It's not complicating things if they are required.

Are you kidding?

Things like rep limit(per day, and per person), rep threads, and old Jesse reps(when he gave 666 rep points) do.

For once can't you just go with it?

Posted by Iris

Well it kind of destroys the thread's purpose. It's pretty much rendered as spam if it doesn't actually work.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Kodachi: It's not complicating things if they are required.

Are you kidding?

Easy, Trigger, it's just for fun!

Quoted post: Well it kind of destroys the thread's purpose. It's pretty much rendered as spam if it doesn't actually work.

IT'S JUST FOR FUN

Good Lord, you guys suck.

Posted by Xero

Quoting ///Phantom: 3.88095238

I think you beated our big leader here (sniper).

I agree with vampiro. Rep topics have always been for fun.

Quoted post: Rep topics have always been for fun.

That's not exactly what I meant...

Posted by Xero

One thing for sure, they are popular...I wouldn't believe it if would see a rep thread without a reply.

Posted by Trigger

Check out my digits! :cool:

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Pit: For once can't you just go with it?

Wouldn't that make things dull?

Not really. Since you haven't actually made it interesting.

Posted by Kodachi

Excuse me for not making a topic based around a one step equation interesting. Remember a while back when I called you an ******* and you denied it?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I was just making an observation :/

I mean, controversy and arguments will always make a thread more interesting, there's no doubt about that. But this IS a thread meant for simple, quick fun. Injecting logic or complexity isn't making it more interesting, it's just doing the exact opposite.

Plus, I'm not an *******. I CAN be an one, but I'm not actually an *******. There's a difference.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Vampiro: Whoa, whoa, whoa. I was just making an observation :/

I mean, controversy and arguments will always make a thread more interesting, there's no doubt about that. But this IS a thread meant for simple, quick fun. Injecting logic or complexity isn't making it more interesting, it's just doing the exact opposite.

Plus, I'm not an *******. I CAN be an one, but I'm not actually an *******. There's a difference.

As did I.

Actually, it looked more like this thread was an attack on attention whores.

Fine. You CAN be, and you often are one. Happy?

Quoted post: As did I.

Yeah, but I wasn't mean about it like you were :(

Quoted post: Actually, it looked more like this thread was an attack on attention whores.

It's Opeth, he's just having some fun. No real harm. Plus, you're not an attention whore, are you? So what's the problem.

Quoted post: Fine. You CAN be, and you often are one. Happy?

Pff, that's total bullfeathers. And when I am an ******* I'm clearly not being serious. So it evens out.

But whatevs.

And this is the type of argument that makes threads interesting.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Vampiro: Yeah, but I wasn't mean about it like you were :(

Yes you were.

Quoted post: It's Opeth, he's just having some fun. No real harm. Plus, you're not an attention whore, are you? So what's the problem.

I ruin fun.

Quoted post: Pff, that's total bullfeathers. And when I am an ******* I'm clearly not being serious. So it evens out.
But whatevs.

It gets annoying after a while.

Quoted post: And this is the type of argument that makes threads interesting.

That will change when about 10 other people join in with comments that only they think are funny.

Quoted post: Yes you were.

This was mean?: "Not really. Since you haven't actually made it interesting."

Quoted post: I ruin fun.

k
I still don't see what's the problem.

Quoted post: It gets annoying after a while.

Don't read my posts? Or start getting a sense of humour. I mean, I know the internet is ****ing serious, but take a joke or ignore.

Plus, not that I notice it too often, nor care to mention it, but, since you're calling me on being an *******, I might as well mention that you can be quite a b[COLOR="White"]it[/COLOR]ch. *shrugs*

Quoted post: That will change when about 10 other people join in with comments that only they think are funny.

Yeah, but unlike you I'll find it funny. So I won't mind.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Vampiro: This was mean?: "Not really. Since you haven't actually made it interesting."
Yes.

Quoted post: k
I still don't see what's the problem.

I simply made an observation. :)
Other people did, too, but I was the one he chose to respond to.

Quoted post: Don't read my posts? Or start getting a sense of humour. I mean, I know the internet is ****ing serious, but take a joke or ignore.

Yeah, you've done nothing but make a few sarcastic one liners over and over again, and because I'm tired of the repetition, I lack a sense of humor? Once in a while they are a clever spice, but you just don't know when to quit.

Quoted post: Plus, not that I notice it, nor care to mention it, but, since you're calling me on being an *******, I might as well mention that you can be quite a b[COLOR="White"]it[/COLOR]ch. *shrugs*

I'm well aware of that. I don't post as often as you, though.

Ooh, aren't we naughty? We can censor dodge. You rebel, you.

Quoted post: Yeah, but unlike you I'll find it funny. So I won't mind.

And I'm the one with the poor sense of humor?

Quoted post: Yes.

No? It really wasn't meant to be mean... and I don't think it came across that way. I believe you jsut read it negatively. Sorry, though, if that's how it sounded.

Quoted post: I simply made an observation.

Fair enough. I thought you were somehow offended, and I didn't understand why.

Quoted post: Other people did, too, but I was the one he chose to respond to.

You were one of the first to bring it up, and also the one who brought it up more often I believe. So that's probably why he chose to adress you.

Quoted post:
Yeah, you've done nothing but make a few sarcastic one liners over and over again, and because I'm tired of the repetition, I lack a sense of humor?

Lack a sense of humour as in you don't see to understand when to take something as a joke/for fun and when to take something seriously. You don't have to get it, or find it funny, just able to indentify it. That's what you seem to lack anyways.

Quoted post: I'm well aware of that. I don't post as often as you, though.

Which probably explains why I don't see it as often. Which probably means you do it more often than I first suspected.

Quoted post: Ooh, aren't we naughty? We can censor dodge. You rebel, you.

I dodged it only to make my point clear. Not to be "naughty", or a "rebel". Just to make things easier.

Quoted post: And I'm the one with the poor sense of humor?

Better than having none!

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Vampiro: No? It really wasn't meant to be mean... and I don't think it came across that way. I believe you jsut read it negatively. Sorry, though, if that's how it sounded.

It sounded a lot like I was being called dull.

Quoted post: You were one of the first to bring it up, and also the one who brought it up more often I believe. So that's probably why he chose to adress you.

No I wasn't, and no I didn't.

Quoted post: Lack a sense of humour as in you don't see to understand when to take something as a joke/for fun and when to take something seriously. You don't have to get it, or find it funny, just able to indentify it. That's what you seem to lack anyways.

I often can identify it. It's just old and not funny. So when something starts out as kind of mean, but a joke, when the joke is old and lost...it's just mean and annoying.

Quoted post: Which probably explains why I don't see it as often. Which probably means you do it more often than I first suspected.

Not, really. I have other places to be really *****y in.

Quoted post: I dodged it only to make my point clear. Not to be "naughty", or a "rebel". Just to make things easier.

I don't think there is a person on this forum that wouldn't have been able to understand what it meant.

Quoted post: Better than having none!

Huh?

Posted by Lord of Spam

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/penguinbob/seriousbusiness.jpg]Internet[/url]

Posted by Xero

Quoting Lord of Spam: [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/penguinbob/seriousbusiness.jpg]Internet[/url]

lol that was funny! Your pretty good with photoshop.

Posted by Lord of Spam

No, but I am rather skilled in the anceint art of 4chan trolling.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Lord of Spam: No, but I am rather skilled in the anceint art of 4chan trolling.

is that where you get all those pics?

Posted by Xero

Quoting Fei-on: is that where you get all those pics?

No dude! You really dont wanna know! The only link he posted to me so far traumatized my virgin side for life!

Posted by Fate

Oh my blue holy SHUT UP.

Posted by Iris

Fate, I think I know where your title is from. =D

Posted by Trigger

Oh my God, Fate, stop trying to draw attention to yourself, you attention whore! :mad:

Posted by Dexter

I used to think Hilary Duff was cute and interesting, but then I started to see too much of her. It got exhausting. She started to go downhill ever since she got her boyfriend.

Posted by Iris

I think it's kind of disgusting how she looks like she's aged 15 years since the Lizzie McGuire show.

Posted by Trigger

I think it's kind of disgusting how she thinks she has the ability to sing well.

Posted by Dexter

Whenever I get that disgusting feeling, I tend to watch Casper Meets Wendy. It makes me feel good again.

Quoted post: It sounded a lot like I was being called dull.

Did I say "Not really since you aren't interesting?"? No. Like I said, I apologize if you took it the wrong way.

Quoted post: No I wasn't, and no I didn't.

Fair enough. Though you kept on it longer than anyone else.

Quoted post: I often can identify it. It's just old and not funny. So when something starts out as kind of mean, but a joke, when the joke is old and lost...it's just mean and annoying.

k, so since you can identify it, why not just ignore it? Wouldn't that be easier on both of us? I mean, I wouldn't be part of this right now if you just ignored it, right? You pretty much flipped out over a simple observation and called me an ******* for really no reason. When you could have just easily ignored the comment... that you took the wrong way...

Quoted post: Not, really. I have other places to be really *****y in.

No, really.

Quoted post: I don't think there is a person on this forum that wouldn't have been able to understand what it meant.

EASIER. I know you could figure it out, I was just making it EASIER. That's all.

Isn't it easier and quicker to read a word than to look at ***** and quickly figure out it means "bit[COLOR="White"]c[/COLOR]h"? I figured so, and that's why I did it.

Quoted post: Huh?

You said "and I'm the one with the poor sense of humour". Basically saying I had a poor sense of humour. So, I said "Better than having none!". That meant I at least had a sense of humour. It may not be the best, but anything is better than nothing. Nothing being what you have.

Understand?

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Vampiro: Did I say "Not really since you aren't interesting?"? No. Like I said, I apologize if you took it the wrong way.

No, but it sounded like that's what you were getting at.
I'll accept that you didn't mean it that way. Ok.

[QUOTE=Vampiro]Fair enough. Though you kept on it longer than anyone else.
Because he responded to me.

[QUOTE=Vampiro]k, so since you can identify it, why not just ignore it? Wouldn't that be easier on both of us? I mean, I wouldn't be part of this right now if you just ignored it, right? You pretty much flipped out over a simple observation and called me an ******* for really no reason. When you could have just easily ignored the comment... that you took the wrong way...
I could, but wouldn't that make things dull? :cool2:

[QUOTE=Vampiro]No, really.

Yes, really.

[QUOTE=Vampiro]EASIER. I know you could figure it out, I was just making it EASIER. That's all.

Isn't it easier and quicker to read a word than to look at ***** and quickly figure out it means "bit[COLOR="White"]c[/COLOR]h"? I figured so, and that's why I did it.
It really doesn't take any longer than reading the word. Censor dodging is usually done for childish reasons.

[QUOTE=Vampiro]You said "and I'm the one with the poor sense of humour". Basically saying I had a poor sense of humour. So, I said "Better than having none!". That meant I at least had a sense of humour. It may not be the best, but anything is better than nothing. Nothing being what you have.

Understand?

Yes.
You suck.

lol this is retarded. BUT!

Quoted post: I'll accept that you didn't mean it that way. Ok.

k, good.

Quoted post: Because he responded to me.

Right. But you could have left it alone. But no, you carried on. Thus, my point.

Quoted post: I could, but wouldn't that make things dull?

It would, actually. See? These are the types of arguments that can be interesting. Not the kind where you defeat the whole purpose of the thread by saying "THIS IS NOT LOGICAL!". That's not fun. Nor interesting.

Quoted post: Yes, really.

O RLY?

Quoted post: It really doesn't take any longer than reading the word. Censor dodging is usually done for childish reasons.

But it wasn't. Otherwise, I would have done it in a more childish manner.

lol b[COLOR="White"]it[/COLOR]ch!!

Quoted post:
Yes.
You suck.

Impossible! Clearly it is YOU who suck!

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Iris: Fate, I think I know where your title is from. =D

becaaaause of that it's killing me inside~!

Posted by Iris

It alll retuuurns to nothiiing

Posted by The Judge

And in the end, it doesn't even matter.

Posted by sniper

PRETTY GAY

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Iris: It alll retuuurns to nothiiing

it all keeps tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbliiing doooo-ooown!

[quote=The Judge]And in the end, it doesn't even matter.
shut up

Posted by Nightscare

-.0034677 im like an attention shy person-thingy

Posted by Ant

I think people don't like you.

Posted by Nightscare

i can tell. this place is almost like the real world!!!

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Klarth: shut up

I'm sorry I didn't say exactly what you wanted me to, Klarthy. :(

Posted by Klarth

EoE > LP.

If that means anything at all to you.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Nightscare: i can tell. this place is almost like the real world!!!

Except you cant see who your talking to...

Posted by The Judge

You need to learn to get when people aren't being serious.

Posted by Xero

I thought that "n00b" was serious.

Posted by Porcupine

2.423913!

Quoted post: I thought that "n00b" was serious.

No, you can tell he wasn't. For a few reasons.

A) !!!
B) The subject matter
C) What he actually said.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro: No, you can tell he wasn't. For a few reasons.

A) !!!
B) The subject matter
C) What he actually said.

Meh...Whatever he said anyway...

Posted by Arczu

Daym... I could actually almost see the anger, the inquiry and the general "WTF-ness" this thread was giving off. Kinda makes me wish I gave it audio...