Being a Vegetarian is Great!

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Except for the tofu. Not a fan of the tofu.

Convert today!

Posted by Lord of Spam

[quote=Maddox]For every animal you dont eat, I'll eat three.

:cool:

I'm too tired to think of anything clever to say, so I'll just go with ':('.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Not to mention that large scale farming not only kills millions of animals a year through farming machinery, btu also pollutes the hell out of the earth. So have fun being just as destructive as meat eaters :cookie:

Posted by The Judge

The title of this thread made me laugh.

Also, Lisa, unless you file your canines down flat and get your eyes surgically pushed back to the sides of your skull, your an onmivore, and your body requires the protien that meat provides. You're just being a moron to deny it.

See kids? Your anatomy is saying "I love meat!"

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting The Judge: The title of this thread made me laugh.

Also, Lisa, unless you file your canines down flat and get your eyes surgically pushed back to the sides of your skull, your an onmivore, and your body requires the protien that meat provides. You're just being a moron to deny it.

See kids? Your anatomy is saying "I love cock!"

fix'd

Posted by Boner

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.nyceats.net/photos/eats/meat.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://meatamanda.illnourished.com/images/meat.gif[/IMG][/CENTER]

Posted by Ant

I don't like animals.

Quoting The Judge:

Mayhaps you should do a bit more research before flapping your mouth.

[quote=Anthony]I don't like animals.

So, you don't like yourself? :)

Posted by sniper

Who would?

I feel this is in order: [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/sunaipakun/DONOTWANT.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Ant

Quoting Angelwing: So, you don't like yourself? :)

Psh, you know I do ;)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

lol I just ate a bunch of ribs and a large steak tonight.

perfect timing.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Angelwing: Mayhaps you should do a bit more research before flapping your mouth.

I use both the Giraffe and the Wolf as my prime examples.

Herbivores:
Flat Teeth (to grind plants)
Eyes at the side of the head (to see predators coming)

Carnivores:
Sharp Teeth (to tear meat)
Eyes in the Front of the head (To get a better view of their prey as they chase them)

Omnivores:
Both Teeth
Eyes in either position, with the position leaning towards the habit. Can you figure out where I'm going with this?

These rules do not, however, apply to mollusks and insectivores, such as geckos. So, tell me where I've messed up.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Humans are designed to eat primarily plant matter. I dont like it, but its true.

(If you look at chimp/gorillas/ect, they all eats mostly plants, though they have teeth for eating meat.)

Edit: Shark's eyes are on the sides. Huh. Mayhps it doesnt apply to fishies?

Quoting The Judge: I use both the Giraffe and the Wolf as my prime examples.

Herbivores:
Flat Teeth (to grind plants)
Eyes at the side of the head (to see predators coming)

Carnivores:
Sharp Teeth (to tear meat)
Eyes in the Front of the head (To get a better view of their prey as they chase them)

Omnivores:
Both Teeth
Eyes in either position, with the position leaning towards the habit. Can you figure out where I'm going with this?

These rules do not, however, apply to mollusks and insectivores, such as geckos. So, tell me where I've messed up.

Raptorial birds.

Since we have learned which foods provide which nutrients, (protein isn't JUST found in meat, idiot) we can healthily choose an alternative diet.

Posted by Poison

Lisa, don't you eat cheese?

Don't you?

Quoted post: Since we have learned which foods provide which nutrients, (protein isn't JUST found in meat, idiot) we can healthily choose an alternative diet.

Yeah, I was going to say.

There's enough pills out there that you don't even need to eat if you don't want to.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Angelwing: Raptorial birds.

Since we have learned which foods provide which nutrients, (protein isn't JUST found in meat, idiot) we can healthily choose an alternative diet.

Raptoral Birds. You mean like Hawks, who have eyes in the front of their heads?

And I don't recall saying that the ONLY place on Earth to find protien was meat, you tree-hugging hag. I just can't think of any good reason why anyone would want to give up eating meat when it's so f[COLOR="White"]u[/COLOR]cking good, and when it's good for you. PETA freak.

Posted by Ant

WELCOME! To Jurassic Park.

Posted by Lord of Spam

i c wut u did thar

Posted by Dexter

I thought Angelwing worked at BK?

Quoting Poison: Lisa, don't you eat cheese?

Don't you?

Yes, I do. What about it? I'm not a bloody vegan.

Judge: Just because you love meat so much, doesn't mean that everyone does (or should). The only meat that I found tasty was chicken, which I'm willing to exclude from my diet.

"and your body requires the protien that meat provides. You're just being a moron to deny it."

what

[quote]I thought Angelwing worked at BK?

Yes, past tense.

Posted by Dexter

I'm sure you know that I think it is great that you've gone towards vegetarianism. It isn't easy and I must admit that I am surprised you've been doing as well as you have been. I didn't think you had it in you back when you used to talk about becoming a vegetarian.

Judge, our bodies don't require meat for survival. That's a bunch of hogwash. What protein does meat provide that one could not gain elsewhere?

What led you to believe that I wouldn't ever convert? Did you not think me strong enough? Your lack of confidence in my ability to change saddens me deeply, Dexter.

Posted by Dexter

I simply remember when I first came in contact with you. You spoke quite passionately about your love for certain meaty foods and worked vigorously at BK. You couldn't hold on to a relationship for more than two days, showing your terrible lack of commitment, and you have dreadfully low finances. Being a vegetarian seems to costs more when it comes to grocery shopping, especially if you want to eat healthier, which seems to be one of your delighted goals.

zing!

Quoting Dexter: I simply remember when I first came in contact with you. You spoke quite passionately about your love for certain meaty foods and worked vigorously at BK. You couldn't hold on to a relationship for more than two days, showing your terrible lack of commitment, and you have dreadfully low finances. Being a vegetarian seems to costs more when it comes to grocery shopping, especially if you want to eat healthier, which seems to be one of your delighted goals.

That cut me deep. Real deep.

I don't recall speaking passionately about my love of meat. In fact, I quite distinctly recall saying that I hated working there, and disliked most of the foods they served (I haven't eaten any beef or pig for many years, now).

I will agree with you on the relationship comment, although if you are referring to our own, you forced me to be that way. How could you say you're coming for me, then totally neglect me while you are on your trip, nevermind months after you've returned? I was very disappointed, Dexter. Very disappointed.

No, I do not have a lot of money, but I will be trying to eat a lot more healthy. My parents also help me out a bit, so it isn't so bad.

Posted by Ant

I could see how that one went "Mom...Dad...I'm becoming a Vegetarian..." Mom "Oh god...I never thought I'd have a daughter who would detest the meat I love oh so much" Dad "It's okay...it's her fault, not ours."

:p Heh, more power to ya.

Quoted post: Mom "Oh god...I never thought I'd have a daughter who would detest the meat I love oh so much"

Turned incestuous right there.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I read that into it too.

Posted by Ant

Wow, I finally get it. And it was funny. Like LOL funny.

Posted by Lord of Spam

meat=penis

duh

Yeah, who doesn't love my large phallus.

Posted by Iris

I HOPE COWS DON'T GO EXTINCT!!!111

Quoting Angelwing: Yeah, who doesn't love my large phallus.

Ruined the joke. Good job!

It's what I'm here for. :)

Posted by Klarth

Tofu is great. :(

Just ate 25 chicken mcnuggets!

Posted by Lord of Spam

The best way to do it is to make sure that each nugget came from a differene chicken. That way you know that you cuased as many deaths as possible.

Probably didn't come from a chicken at all.

But who cares when it tastes so good!

Posted by Lord of Spam

I thoght about it after I posted, and realized that its all processed. That means that a LOT of chickens are killed and stripped of useable meat, which is then shredded and molded into nuggets.

So really, if you eat so much as one chicken nugget, you're killing like, hundreds of chickens.

God**** I want some McDonalds.

I killed 2,500 chickens :cool:

Klarth: I tried a mango desert tofu and it was wretched. But I'll try adding the plain into a dish sometime and see how that is.

The rest of you: By eating mcdicks 'chicken' nuggets daily, you'll die a horrible, horrible death soon enough.

Quoted post: The rest of you: By eating mcdicks 'chicken' nuggets daily, you'll die a horrible, horrible death soon enough.

But a yummy death at that.

Posted by Ant

Well, if you don't eat meat you should eat some form of soy. It has the amino acids you need that you would normally get from meat. Like, 8/20 amino acids or proteins(I forget) you can only get from meat and stuff. Soy has some of them, but the rest you might be able to get from pills.

Quoting Ant: Well, if you don't eat meat you should eat some form of soy. It has the amino acids you need that you would normally get from meat. Like, 8/20 amino acids or proteins(I forget) you can only get from meat and stuff. Soy has some of them, but the rest you might be able to get from pills.

If you eat tofu and rice, or corn and beans combined, they alone would make up the essential a.a.'s found in meats. You don't need to take a pill, at all.

Yes, there are eight essential amino acids for adults (two extra for children, I believe).

Posted by sabre

In reference to the Maddox quotes within the first couple of posts: I like how incessantly wrong Maddox is.[quote]For every animal you dont eat, I'll eat three.Presumably, a vegetarian would not eat every animal on the earth. Therefore, this quote means you're eating more animals than exist. Way to make sense.

Quoting Lord of Spam: Not to mention that large scale farming not only kills millions of animals a year through farming machinery, btu also pollutes the hell out of the earth. So have fun being just as destructive as meat eaters :cookie:
And this is bull because last I checked I don't know anyone who eats meat but not a single vegetable.

Posted by Lord of Spam

The first quote is more of a "I'll eat three times your share to make up for you not eating any" statement.

As for the second, I used meat eater to refer to someone who includes meat, not someone who eats nothing but.

Also, my new sig my be relevant to this conversation.

Posted by sabre

The point on the second one is that it's still better than eating meat, because both meat-eaters and veggies are going to eat from harvests - at least vegetarians have cut down on -one- source of slaughter.

Not to mention, I'm sure the ratio of animals killed to produce gained is much, much higher when you're speaking meat than the unfortunate mice killed in producing, say, grain.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Its kinda silly, though. The percentage difference that is made is insignificant at best. Its not like the animals that most people eat are rare, or intelligent, for that matter.

Really, the only reason I could see being a vegetarian is for health purposes. But thats jsut me.

Posted by sabre

Yeah, I know, but eh, I was a very moralistic toddler, not to mention my dad just hates the taste of it so it was very easy for me to not eat meat. I just didn't like the idea of eating something that was once alive and conscious for personal gain, it didn't seem right when there are so many alternatives; I'd not eaten meat up to that point (except the occasional sausage) so it was very easy to stop altogether - it's a habit I never started. I'd feel freaking weird if I started now, not to mention it's nice to be able to stay so thin without intense upkeep - though I think that's partially due to my metabolism anyway.

It's just second nature now, I guess, and anything else would just feel awkward. Health benefits are a boon.

Posted by Klarth

If I stopped eating meat then I would probably either be a) malnutritioned, b) flailing around from a messed-up metabolism or c) a hippie.

Posted by Stalolin

meat (`-')b

ANIMALS DIE ANYWAYS.

WHY NOT HARVEST THEIR CROPS?

Posted by Ant

Animals are our friends.

Oh, that reminds me, in my Human Biology class, he asked the class what vegans are...I told him they play Gunbound...WOOSH!

Posted by Lord of Spam

Dude, you're even lamer than i am.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Lord of Spam: Dude, you're even lamer than i am.

And that's pretty lame!

Quoted post: Oh, that reminds me, in my Human Biology class, he asked the class what vegans are...I told him they play Gunbound...WOOSH!

That's hilarious.

[QUOTE=Lord of Spam]Its not like the animals that most people eat are intelligent, for that matter.

what

If you read up on how animals are treated before you eat them, it'd probably make you sick, unless you're a heartless bastard.

[quote=Anty]Oh, that reminds me, in my Human Biology class, he asked the class what vegans are...I told him they play Gunbound...WOOSH!

LMFAO. I wish I had been there.

Now I can't stop laughing.

Quoted post: If you read up on how animals are treated before you eat them, it'd probably make you sick, unless you're a heartless bastard.

I've seen videos, and it does make you sick.

But then you eat a chicken wing, or cheeseburger and you kinda forget.

Plus, I bet they barely even feel it. It's probably a numbing pulse, not a mind-blistering pain that you couldn't possibly imagine.

I hate how you make me happy and sad all at once.

[quote]Plus, I bet they barely even feel it. It's probably a numbing pulse, not a mind-blistering pain that you couldn't possibly imagine.

Like when chicken's beaks are removed while they're still alive, and they're kept in cages so small they can't turn around with hundreds of other chickens in unsanitary conditions where disease is not unheard of? And other crap? :(

Quoted post: Like when chicken's beaks are removed while they're still alive, and they're kept in cages so small they can't turn around with hundreds of other chickens in unsanitary conditions where disease is not unheard of? And other crap?

Like I said, it's a numbing pain. They probably don't even feel it. Those squawks are not of searing pain, but of laughter. It's like getting tortured by a feather. Hilariously painful.

:mad:

Posted by Lord of Spam

This thread makes me lol so hard its not even funny.

Let me clarify: ITS A FUCKING CHICKEN. It has no emotions. Its brain is barely capable of perceiving pain in a sense of "this is detrimental to my well being" sense, rather than a "OMFG THIS HURTS!" And as for them being kept in large warehouses in tiny cages? Well, call it a guess, but I really dont think that they get too bored.

And you're a ****ing moron. :)

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yeah, I am. But I'm a ****ing moron who loves his animal products.:cool:

Posted by Stalolin

this is pointless.

now go forget poland.

Posted by Lord of Spam

You cannot win.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/penguinbob/beefysanders.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by sabre

Quoting Lord of Spam: You cannot win.
[HUGE IMAGE THAT I'M NOT QUOTING BECAUSE IT IS FLAWED.]
Mmkay, that photo is so obviously a fake.

Here's the colonel, okay? Mmm very nice.

But let's take a closer look.

[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b121/sabreydoo/KFClogo.jpg[/IMG]
As we can see, his tie is clearly his real body. REMEMBER THIS.

Posted by Ant

That made me lol

Posted by Stalolin

Upon immediate entry, Sabre has shown that he is superior to all within this thread.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I too lol'd, though I also see pixels. And since I've seen so many shops in my time, I know its fake.

Posted by sabre

Actually, that was MS paint.

Basically, I started out by using the paintbrush tool to clear it up, then I was like "wtf this thing is tiny" so I started using those neat squares.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Still, its been altered. Mine was an actualy photograph of the man.

Posted by sabre

Fuck off, no it wasn't. Mine was a true-to-life diagram. Yours on the other hand, well he's doing the \m/ symbol. And, well, he doesn't even LIKE metal.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Sabredog]Fu[COLOR=#ccff00]c[/COLOR]k off, no it wasn't. Mine was a true-to-life diagram. Yours on the other hand, well he's doing the \m/ symbol. And, well, he doesn't even LIKE metal.

That's true.

Considering he likes chicken.

Posted by sabre

And cola, and he's pretty big on chips too.

Other than that though, pretty much everything = no-go.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Dude, I've met the man. He;s magnificant. Yours was a petty insult to a god amongst men.

Also, say it with me. FRENCH FRIES. We'll have none of that wacky british slang here.

In fact, I had me some chips tonight.

Alas, they were not KFC.

Posted by sabre

Oh well, don't worry about it, he's not -really- muscular. You shouldn't be getting any trouble from nasty Mr Sanders.

Dexter: if you have any favourite recipes, or food combos you enjoy, please share them with me!

Posted by Stalolin

http://recipes.robbiehaf.com/Meats.html

I didn't get Sabre's image at first. Because I skipped "tie".

Then I got it and bol'd.

British comedy is hilarious!

Quoting Stalolin: http://recipes.robbiehaf.com/Meats.html

MISA is partially unpleased.