Sega Mastersystem...Who still plays it?

Posted by JannettyTheRocker

I'm just curious, does anyone else still collect or play Sega Mastersystem? In my opinion it could be the greatest system of all time. It definitely wasn't as huge of a success in North America as it was in Europe, Asia, and South America, but it still holds a place in my heart.........Well, I'm back to building my collection. Anybody else want to chat about the good old SMS? What are your favorite SMS games?

My five favorites would be:
(1) Altered Beast
(2) Alex Kidd In Miracle World
(3) Double Dragon
(4) Rastan
(5) Wonderboy In Monster Land

It's hard to pick a favorite game as there are a lot of great classics on the SMS.

Posted by bazariah

i still play the master system from time to time

some of my fave tiles include

wonderboy
wonderboy 3 dragons trap
streets of rage
phantasy star
alex kidd (all titles were cool)
psycho fox
donald duck lucky dime caper

i still sell quite a lot of the master system games too, allways buying and selling them these days

I'm currently bidding on a UK PAL Sega Mastersystem. I want to have access to the other great SMS games that were never released here in Canada......I've already bought PAL versions of Marble Madness, Cyber Shinobi, Sonic 1 & 2, Ninja Gaiden, and a couple more, so I can't wait to get my SMS from the UK to load up these classics......I've played the ROMS, but there is nothing like having the SMS controller in your hand, and having the cartridges, manuals, and those great Sega cases. I'm so excited.

Just got myself a copy of Outrun from Ebay, I still love this game......Also, have recently won Choplifter, Master Of Darkness (PAL), Great Baseball, and Zillion. Can't wait until they are delivered.

Posted by fig roll

not me jimmy

Posted by MicroSony

Phantasy Star was my personal favorite. I also loved Alex kidd in Miracle World.

I've recently got Choplifter, Great Baseball, Zillion, and Master of Darkness (PAL). All great games.

Posted by ZEN

I owned the Master System before the NES, so I have a fond appreciation of it.

'Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap' is my all-time favorite game for it. Also 'Rastan' and 'Gangster Town'.

'Gangster Town' is one of the best light gun games ever made. It had 2-player simultaneous mode and it was a cool game. You could also play it two-player by yourself, with a gun in each hand.

Yeah Master System rocks! Despite the game library was considerably thinner than Nintendo's early systems.

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I have a few of the carts still....not the system anymore but I got pretty far on miracle warrior and of course shinobi was the bomb...

Posted by candycab

I still play with mine now and then ,Action Fighter usually gets the most play time. Though I still enjoy Kenseiden too.