CS Source Skins

Posted by Zack_Neff

I have downloaded a few skins for css but i dont know where to put the files so i actually see them in use

thnx if got any help

Posted by Kent Traffic Cop

Well it depends what mods you've downloaded...

The most common thing you'll see is a "materials" folder, "model" folder and possibly "sounds" and "scripts" folders. These will go in:

X:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\*user*\counter-strike source\cstrike

(Where X is your hard drive).

Other than that, things like flashlights go in:

X:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\*user*\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\effects

It really depends on what you get in the download...

Posted by brownoystercult

Don't use skins.

Posted by KoH

Yeah... They can get really gay looking. Plus, they are not cool nor are you. Aaaand... CAL nor pretty much any professional league doesn't allow skins. But that's only if you're good.

Posted by Kent Traffic Cop

Quoting KoH: Yeah... They can get really gay looking. Plus, they are not cool nor are you. Aaaand... CAL nor pretty much any professional league doesn't allow skins. But that's only if you're good.

There are some really good skins that are much more realistic than the originals, so I don't see why people shouldn't get them. Granted - there are some really sh!te ones out there, but sme are brilliant.

As for leagues - skins, models, etc have no effect on game play or give any advantage/disadvantage so I don't see why they would be banned.