CoD2 error

Posted by Lord of Spam

For some reason, every time I beat a campaign, it takes me back to Red Training, and doesnt save the progress. The first time it did it, I beat the british campaign, and I went to the first level. now, I cant even get past the Russian stage without it kicking me back to square one.

Does anyone know what this might be, or has anyone heard anything about this? Dont get me wrong, repelling the German invaders from the Motherland is fun and all, but it grows stale after the 3rd or 4th time.

Posted by Axis

Yeah, this is a major glitch that has been in the game. However, if you have Xbox Live you can get the patch to correct this.

Posted by Lord of Spam

ARE. YOU. F*CKING. SERIOUS?

Theres no non-live way to get around this? The school network isnt letting us log onto live for somereason, so a non-interweb solution would be nice.

Posted by Axis

I believe there is one way, according to IGN at least.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/675/675858p1.html

Hope that helps, it did for me.

Posted by Lord of Spam

It didnt. The link they supplied to the page that should have the code to unlock all the levels has been superceded by one that jsut talks about the patch.

Thanks though.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Send it back to the company. They might be able to replace it with a disc that has the problem fixed.

Or, find a friend that has an internet connection, hook it up and download the patch to your hard-drive.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Lord of Spam: It didnt. The link they supplied to the page that should have the code to unlock all the levels has been superceded by one that jsut talks about the patch.

Thanks though.

"The cheat code, which can only be activated from the Mission Selection screen, is: Select and HOLD both shoulder buttons and simultaneously hit D-pad left, left, right, right, Button Y, Y. The cheat code doesn't prevent the issue from happening, so it may need to be input each time the problem occurs. Finally, this cheat doesn't impact a player's achievements."

?