Port Forwarding

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

All right, I've read some guides on how to do this, and I think I might have done it right. However, I don't notice any change when it comes to download speed.

By the way, I'm doing this to increase torrent speeds. I'm currently only getting about 10 Kb/s when I hear I should be getting at least over 100. I'm also using a Microsoft Broadband router. I've turned off the router's firewall, and the firewall that comes with XP, but I do have Norton running. I heard something about entering the ports into Norton, but I couldn't see where I would do that. Oh, and I'm using Bitlord.

I was wondering if anyone could assist me, give me a guide or something.

Any help would be greatly apprecaites.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

You mean you did it through your basestation management tool? What ports did you forward? Maybe take a picture. I still have norton running, and set bitcomet (bitlord in your case) to 'permit all' which seems to work fine. Sometimes the download speed won't increase. It depends on who's sharing the files.

Yeah, i'm an idiot. I actually had it working with Norton a long time ago. I just didn't realize.

Quoted post:
Sometimes the download speed won't increase. It depends on who's sharing the files.

That must be it then. Because I've done all I can possibly do I think. I've created a static IP, forwarded the ports (Port 6881 only, btw), and set everything in Bitlord.

It'll increase sometimes, just not by much (around 30, but still hangs around 10 most of the time). I guess I'll have to try a different torrent.

Anywho, thanks.

Try forwarding 6881-6889. If I remember correctly, that's what's used. Also, are you forwarding TCP and UDP? Because you should be doing both. Also, you should be choosing 'Persistent Port Forwarding', as opposed to 'Application Triggered'.

Quoted post: Try forwarding 6881-6889. If I remember correctly, that's what's used. Also, are you forwarding TCP and UDP? Because you should be doing both. Also, you should be choosing 'Persistent Port Forwarding', as opposed to 'Application Triggered'.

Yeah, I did 6881-6889 at first. But I read that it should only be just 6881, so I did that, then did 6881-6889 again...

Also, I can't do both TCP and UDP. It only lets me choose one.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/VampiroV.Empire/portforward.png[/IMG]
Maybe there's some way to get around it... but I don't know how. Unless I can just add another entry, so one would be TCP and the other would be UDP. Not sure if that would work however...

And yeah, I used Persistant.

Yeah, I made it on another entry: one for TCP, one for UDP. Try it with a few torrents, and see if that makes a difference.

Will do, and thanks a bunch :)

k, it seems to be working perfectly now. Badass.

Thanks again, Lisa.

No prob. :-*

Posted by KoH

I could've helped...

TOO LATE.

But I'll say thanks anyways, it's the thought that counts!

Posted by Ant

I would sooner cut off 3 limbs then help you with a computer issue.

Can I decide on the three limbs?

Ant doesn't know what a computer is, so yeah, it's really your only choice. ;)