The Official Pokemon Game Questions Thread

Posted by Shade

Same as last time. Got a question, ask it here.

Oh, please, when this gets long enough, befor you ask a question in the thread, scroll back a few pages to see if it's been recently answered.

Posted by sabre

I'm not gonna sticky this for now. There's a poll going on in the mod board considering disallowing Game Questions threads. If the idea goes down, then I'll lock the bugger, and if it's disapproved I'll stick it.

Posted by Shade

Why would Game Question threads not be allowed. I see no logic.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Well for one thing, you have these newbies that come here and completely ignore the gaming quesitons thread that is stickied and is in bold. I can see why it's being voted on. Some people just don't bother to take five seconds out of their time to look at the threads before starting a new one, although without this thread there could be a lot of unwanted question threads in the near future filling this forum.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: There is no need for them, and the whole idea is completely ridiculous. There is moderating, and then there is overmoderating. What are we, the effing Communist Bloc? Videogame message boards the world over contain threads from people asking for help on videogames, and to try to pigeon hole that into one thread is moronic. The mods here have a huge ego problem if they are going to try to overmanage boards like this, and I am personally going to desticky any "official help threads" that are made.

That is all.

[font=georgia][color=#ccff00]^^^parce que cette l

Posted by Mystic Hero

I don't see how the idea of making quesiton threads stikys is bad. In fact, I'd say it could save a lot of unwanted threads made by members that are only here for a month or so to get an answer and quickly leave. But then again, who am I to suggest this? I'm not a mod. I always thought that the quesiton threads were good, but oh well.

Posted by sabre

The general idea is that newbies with a question about something will not be confused when they see their thread locked or deleted with no answer given. Of course, I always merge them, so the entire idea seems pretty frivolous but the general consensus is that they should be removed. Hell, I'm the only one who's voted no as of yet.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Why don't you bring up the suggesiton of PMing them right after you merge the thread with the questions one indicating that it has been moved there and an explanation as to why they should post there for now on if they have a question? That should explain everything to them.

Posted by sabre

Far too much hassle. Besides, it's not as if it'll make that muhc of a difference. If it gets too much of a problem in any one place, I can just bring it up and get people to make an exception for a single board.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

The whole idea of official threads that you must post in is overbearing, and makes this just about the only videogame board in existence where a newbie can't quickly register and post a question. Official threads aren't a bad idea IF newbies are still allowed to post their own threads, but if they get merged, locked or deleted, that just screams of bored moderators with nothing better to do.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Mystic Hero: Why don't you bring up the suggesiton of PMing them right after you merge the thread with the questions one indicating that it has been moved there and an explanation as to why they should post there for now on if they have a question? That should explain everything to them.

Because once Pearl & Diamond come out, Sabre would be sending about 50 PM's a day. That would not exactly the best perk of being a mod.

Posted by TheMooChicken

Yes, but if you remember, we used to have a thread for Fr/Lg, and on the old boards there was a R/S help topic. I've seen what happened to this board in the absense of a mod, there were 432745982730 help threads created asking almost all the samn ****ed thing "Where is deoxys??? i r teh uba tr@!n3r!!11111oneonethreefur". After a while the whole first page was just spammed help threads. For the most part I have never seen this board have problems with the help thread.

Posted by sabre

We're not even 100% sure it'll go through, yet. I'll bring it up, though.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Shade32: Because once Pearl & Diamond come out, Sabre would be sending about 50 PM's a day. That would not exactly the best perk of being a mod.

or he'll be locking 50 threads after the answer is given.

Posted by michael parent

I put in link together with all at the begining of pokemon fire red and now im all most done i cant find the man in the green hat what should i do?

Posted by Boner

Quoting michael parent: I put in link together with all at the begining of pokemon fire red and now im all most done i cant find the man in the green hat what should i do?

You should take a crash course in the use of proper grammar.

Posted by mParent

I have the rainbow ticket I also have mystrey gifts but I was told that if I put in mystrey gifts at any time I could get the aurora ticket but I would have to talk to a man in a green hat. I cant find him what shold I do?

Posted by Boner

Quoting michael parent: I put in link together with all at the begining of pokemon fire red and now im all most done i cant find the man in the green hat what should i do?

Quoting mParent: I have the rainbow ticket I also have mystrey gifts but I was told that if I put in mystrey gifts at any time I could get the aurora ticket but I would have to talk to a man in a green hat. I cant find him what shold I do?

Hey....moron! Yeah, I'm talking to you! Do you think we are all a bunch of idiots here? For the love of all that's wacko, someone please block this dude's IP.

Posted by TheMooChicken

Hmmm, since I don't remember, can you trade eggs in R/S? Or more specifically, before you beat the elite four?

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting TheMooChicken: Hmmm, since I don't remember, can you trade eggs in R/S? Or more specifically, before you beat the elite four?

If I'm correct, eggs can't be traded in any version containing them.

Posted by FavoJavo

How do you get a Mew

Posted by ProtomanV2

I need help with Pokemon Emerald.

I heard that there was a place called Southern Island. Does anyone know how to get there?

Posted by sabre

You have to get an Eon ticket in an event.

Posted by RAHU

what is the premiere* ball for?? I saw pictures of the characters in emerald holding it and i want to know

*i think thats how you spell it, the all white one

Posted by sabre

Premium ball?

It's like a pokeball, only free.

Posted by RAHU

no, the premier, you get it when you buy 10 pokeballs

Posted by Mystic Hero

It's just like a Pokeball really. The only thing is it's free when you buy 10 Pokeballs. It works just the same as a regular Pokeball.

Posted by FavoJavo

Does Kaboto evolve and de=oes togipie evolve

Posted by TheMooChicken

Wow, it took me a while to find this silly thread. Ok, this is something I've been wondering, if a pokemon such as Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam uses rest and they have Synchronize, will it put the other pokemon to sleep? Or do abilities such as those not work when you are asleep/have fail safes so you can't do that?

Also, where might I find the heart scale guy? I need to reteach my Kyogre calm mind.

Posted by TheMooChicken

Could someone answer this? *bump*

Posted by Iron Man

Quoting TheMooChicken: Wow, it took me a while to find this silly thread. Ok, this is something I've been wondering, if a pokemon such as Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam uses rest and they have Synchronize, will it put the other pokemon to sleep? Or do abilities such as those not work when you are asleep/have fail safes so you can't do that?

Also, where might I find the heart scale guy? I need to reteach my Kyogre calm mind.

I don't know about your first question... but the heart scale guy is in Fallarbor Town.

Posted by sabre

I'm pretty sure they'd both fall asleep. Only the rester would heal, however.

Posted by infernolism

Heart Scale guy is near Fallarbor Town...........You can get alot of heart scale by catching alot of luvdisc

Posted by ProtomanV2

Quoting FavoJavo: Does Kaboto evolve and de=oes togipie evolve

Yes of course Kabuto evolves. It evolves into (the most imaginative name ever, lol) Kabutops.

And yes togepi evolves and its evolved form is Togetic.

Oh yes and WORK ON YOUR SPELLING.

Posted by James

In Pokemon Emerald, where can I get the TM Dig?

Posted by James

I'm just bumping this for the benefit of my question. So...

*bump*

Posted by James

Yay, more bumpage.

.....*bump*

Posted by Mystic Hero

Stop bumping noob. You will earn yourself a one way ticket to being banned if you keep it up.

Posted by James

Wow. Instead of answering my question, you give me a slap on the wrist and a "Bad dog! NO!" type message. I love the people here. So nice, so helpful....Never mind. I'll just haul me and my bumps outta here.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Ok first off, you don't keep posting random messages to move the thread up. In case you haven't noticed this thread was top page for over two weeks or something. It's called patience buddy. It's a real simple method. You post yoru question then you wait until someone replies. If you keep bumping the thread you will just be more likely to get banned. Listen if you are dieing for help I can offer you this site: [url]www.gamefaqs.com[/url] That site has pretty much everything you need to solve any game. I haven't played emerald so I can't help you there, but this site can. But if it is similar in ways like R/S I can only guess that you get it the same way you did in those two versions, or I could be wrong. If you doubt me use the site I agve you. That should help you out tons.

Posted by Riku

in competitive play, has anyone used foretress? ive been lookin at his stats and he seems like a solid pokemon but i would like you alls opinion on him?

Posted by Zeta

Just watch out for fire attacks. Since Forretress is Steel/Bug he will most likely faint from even the weakest fire attack.

Posted by cool gamer dad

[quote=Zeta]Just watch out for fire attacks. Since Forretress is Steel/Bug he will most likely faint from even the weakest fire attack.
Which is why you should have Attack EVs for Earthquake if you predict a fire switch-in. But yeah, even an HP fire will OHKO it.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Just so you know, Eggs can be traded. Not only that, but the OT is assigned when they hatch, which is kind of neat.

Posted by Riku

who is better as a toxic spiker? forrestress or skarmory

Posted by GameMiestro

Skarmory all the way.

Posted by giminius

What is the preferred Milotic moveset? Refresh and Recover or Toxic and Recover?