I want to sell my Gamecube to Gamestop but...?

Posted by jaemillz973

there are two questions i want to know..

1)do they give me cash or store credit??

2)im selling the game cube,2 controllers, memory card, and 3 Games.
NBA 2k2,Smashbrothers melee and NBA Live 06. How much will i get back??

o, the game cube doesn't save but i wont tell them that..hehe

Posted by Axis

You can get either store credit, if you get cash you'll get less than you would in store credit.

For all of that you might get about 80 bucks.

Posted by Lord of Spam

The system and controllers are probably the only things that they will take, as the others are way too common. You're not going to get much, and jsut so you know, if you sell them merchandise without letting them knoiw that it has defects, it might leave you in a legally actionable position, should the store choose to persue it.

Posted by junior senior

You need to be over 16.

Posted by gOdOfWaR

i would sell it private.in the paper .ill buy all of it for 10

Posted by Dragner

You wont get much its better to sell it to someone than trade it in to GameStop you get more money that way.

Posted by Random

Sell it on Ebay, you'll get more money. Trust me.. Trade ins suck. I work at EB and we give **** for trade ins and even less for cash. And last I checked you don't have to be 16, and NBA Live you'd probably get like 12 bucks store credit I think and the other two next to nothing.

Posted by junior senior

At GameStop they yelled at me because I wasn't 16...idiots.

Posted by Random

Well tell them they're *******es. You don't have to be 16. Hell I've been trading in games since I was like 8.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Junior Senior]You need to be over 16.

You mean 16 and older, right?

Posted by muffla

well i encounterd the same proplem and it really depends on wich town yoyur in if u live in CT bristol you can b any age but in manchester you have to b 18 or older

Posted by brownoystercult

You DO NOT have to be over 16.

I sell my games at both EB Games and Gamestop monthly. They've never said anything about being over 16. Even if you do have to be over a certain age, just have your parents sign.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=SomebodyRandom]I work at EB
For the ten-thousandth time: Shut the **** up about your job. WE DON'T CARE.

[quote=GameMiestro]You mean 16 and older, right?
And you, child, should stop being such a bloody pedant.

Over here you have to be over 16 to trade in anything, including at Game - Which I believe is owned by EB. So I don't really know.

Posted by junior senior

Not EB, only GameStop.

I called the cashier an anime lesbian and walked out

Posted by brownoystercult

Yeah, Gameland ( I think ), Funcoland, Gamestop, and EB all used to be one. They split up.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting SomebodyRandom: NBA Live you'd probably get like 12 bucks store credit

generally, yearly sports games arent worth ****. The same goes for some other games. GTA3, GTA:VC, and pretty much any madden title all sell for like $.25. And yes, the period is intentional. There are so many copies out, and the games are so old, that its jsut not worth the stores times to buy it back.

Posted by Raquel

EB Games bought Gamestop, so they're all the same now.

Posted by psp

Quoting Lord of Spam: The system and controllers are probably the only things that they will take, as the others are way too common. You're not going to get much, and jsut so you know, if you sell them merchandise without letting them knoiw that it has defects, it might leave you in a legally actionable position, should the store choose to persue it.

They take your fingerprint when u sell or trade in a system. They took my fingerprint when i traded in my psone. I think they only take your fingerprint to make sure the system works, and if it doesnt then they can find you just as Lord of Spam has mentioned

Posted by Dragner

Quoting psp: They take your fingerprint when u sell or trade in a system. They took my fingerprint when i traded in my psone. I think they only take your fingerprint to make sure the system works, and if it doesnt then they can find you just as Lord of Spam has mentioned

They only did that at EB that has never happened to me at GameStop. Raquel its the other way around GameStop bought EB

Posted by holy_flare

[quote=Junior Senior]At GameStop they yelled at me because I wasn't 16...idiots.

Then the Gamestop where you live is kind of weird cause I didn't have to be 16. The only problem with the Gamestop where I live is that there are certain games that they won't take for some reason.

If you need the money quickly then I suggest selling it at Gamestop rather than ebay. I got 7 dollars for Harvestmoon...( I forget, but it's for the GBA) and if I had sold it anywhere else, I would have probably gotten less.

If Gamestop won't take the game you want to trade, sell, or whatever, then I suggest you take it to Game Crazy (store credit only) or sell it on ebay.

And what's all this crap about fingerprints??? I'm under 16 and no place I've ever taken a game to to sell or trade had ever needed my fingerprint. Either the place need my address and phone# or just nothing at all.