Huge nes lot trade. Is it a good move?

Posted by tommyc

I can trade a hundred dollar bill, and the huge list of nes stuff listed in "buy sell trade section", under tommyc, for a xbox 360. No games. Your opinion is appreciated. Thanks, Tom

Posted by GameMiestro

Which year is the $100 dollar bill from?

Posted by Lord of Spam

Not worth it. You're trading classics that will never be remade for something that will ber improved, AND possibly sold for less in the immediate future.

Posted by tommyc

Really? I'm assuming that both of you made the same statement. I thought that the xbox 360 was thought of as the bomb. My other concern is with this new nintendo system that's coming out. I believe it is going to permit people to play all the classics. Will this hurt the market for nes games?

I'm hoping for the sake of collectors that they plan to charge on a use-by-use basis. That would help protect the nes market.

Posted by Lord of Spam

1)Being able to play the games on the Rev will likely do nothing to the value of old carts. They are still wanted by collecteors, even though roms have been around for ages.

2)The 360 is not "the bomb". It is just another launch system. You're better off waiting and getting the version that will come out soon which will hopefull have all the bugs and whatnot fixed, and if you wait a tad longer, maybe a price break.

Posted by tommyc

Thanks for the advice. It is much appreciated. I know what what you're saying has merit. My son-in-law has most of these games on his computer. I'm sure a lot of other people have them as well; yet, the nes games continue to sell. Thanks again!

Posted by Lord of Spam

If you really want a decent answer to this, talk to Bazariah. Just PM with the details of the trade. If I'm not mistaken he owns most, if not all, NES games ever made.

Posted by Proto Man

Listen to these people, they know what they are talking about. IMO the Xbox 360 isn't worth all the NES games in the world! As far as the Rev goes, I also hope that it won't hurt NES sales (since I am in that market myself). Like LoS said though there will probably will still be a market. Especially since Nintendo can't guarentee havinga ALL NES games on there anyhow.

Posted by neofreak91

it won't hurt NES sales real stuff is better

Posted by tommyc

I have changed my mind about getting rid of my nes stuff. After talking with some of the guys from this forum, I've decided to keep my humble collection. I might not get so lucky at finding this stuff in the future. It is possible that this nintendo revolution will cause the value of these games to go up. That's what the new state quarters did with coin collecting. It simply sparked a new interest. Thanks guys-I'm just going sit tight, and have a little fun with my new/retro toys.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

If you are a collector with a certain affection for your NES stuff, hang on to it, whatever you have. I have a lot of NES games, even ones I don't really like/play merely for the sake of expanding my collection.

But if you have those games solely for the purpose of playing them, and not for sentimental/collectorish reasons, go ahead and ditch them in favor of something you'll get more use out of.

[quote=LoS]If you really want a decent answer to this, talk to Bazariah. Just PM with the details of the trade. If I'm not mistaken he owns most, if not all, NES games ever made.

Seconded. Baz is the man to talk to when it comes to Nintendo issues.