Remove the test board?

Posted by sabre

I think we should destroy the test board. When it comes to it, it's more of a spam trap than anything else, and preview post works far more efficiently than making a whole thread. I really don't think it contributes anything to the board.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

No. It's good for testing potential font colors and other vB code, and I think deleting it veers on the side of overmoderating.

Posted by sabre

Pressing "Preview Post" or "Go Advanced" does so equally well, only it doesn't waste a post.

I suppose it's slightly less obvious from quickreply, but that's really the only justification for it staying, in my opinion.

Posted by Klarth

At least invisiblify it.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Quoting Sabredog][/color]

Post counts don't count there. Posts count under the entire total for the forums, thus making the boards look more active. Why wouldn't Jesse leave it?

Posted by Corrupt

Sure, the board doesn't contribute anything, but then again... it doesn't harm anything either. And I know that probably quite a few people want it gone more than ever now that evanc00le0's name is up there beside it... I just say to leave it be. We don't need another mountain made out of this molehill.

Posted by Concerto

I say leave it. I agree with Corrupt - it's not hurting anything, and at the very least it keeps complete newbies/n00bs from making random and annoying test threads/posts in other places where they aren't wanted. ^^;

Posted by Linko_16

Perhaps there could be a function inside of your User CP in which you could submit a test post that would come back to you looking like it would in a regular forum, signature and all.

Posted by Corrupt

Yep, that's exactly why I send PMs to myself to check random stuff, and to test things.