Diamond and Pearl - Screenshots!

Posted by Klarth

I'm pretty glad they've stuck to the sprite graphics.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Hey, it looks pretty good.

I wanna see some battle screens though.

Posted by Klarth

Apparently it's an action RPG. The full title is "Pokemon Ranger: Diamond/Pearl".

I'm worried.

Action RPG? Why?

I liked the old system.

Posted by Night Owl

If pokemone isnt the best game ever, I duno what is, hahaha

Posted by GameMiestro

I hoped it would have been in 3-D, like Colleseum, just with a much better storyline and normal Pokemon catching.

[quote=Klarth]The full title is "Pokemon Ranger: Diamond/Pearl".

That sounds like a combination of the titles of two games- Pokemon Ranger and Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. They are seperate games, you know.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=GameMiestro]That sounds like a combination of the titles of two games- Pokemon Ranger and Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. They are seperate games, you know.
...No they aren't?

http://ds.qj.net/2006/01/pokemon-ranger-diamond-and-pearl.html#comments

Posted by nich

Quoting Klarth:
I'm pretty glad they've stuck to the sprite graphics.

me too. and i like how you can see what pokemon it is sitting there, as apposed to going up to it and reading "pigey: croooooooooooooo"

Posted by Shade

Why the f*ck are the screwing with the battle system?

I knew they would be like, "omg it's the DS so we have to make every game innovative and new."

This blows.

[quote=Night Owl]If pokemone isnt the best game ever, I duno what is, hahaha

Golden Sun, ya idiot.

EDIT: Hopefully this is just Pokemon Ranger, as Diamon and Pearl are separate games from this. The screenshots could also be of some Fushigi Dungeon thing coming out.http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/pokemonfushiginodungeon/news.html?sid=6130600&q=pokemon%20ranger

[quote=Gamespot]Pokemon Rangers will be released next year, just prior to Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, and it will feature some form of interaction with the other two Pokemon games. Pokemon Rangers is also said to have some connection to next year's Pokemon movie and anime series in Japan.

Posted by Mystic Hero

[Quote]Pokemon Ranger is an action RPG set in the world of the Pokemon Ranger movie. You play as a Pokemon Ranger. Different from a Pokemon Trainer, a Ranger travels the lands, using Pokemon in a fight to defend nature from baddies. Its release precedes that of Diamond and Pearl, and all three games link up together for some top secret bonuses.

Oh my god a whole game about defeating evil gangs like Team Rocket as the whole plot. Sounds fun. :p:

I don't know about you but I kind of liked the old style when I got to just be a trainer. So now we get to be nature officers. Ooooo sounds exciting. I would love more than anything to repremand some stranger for littering and then use my Charizard to broil his *** just for doing so. Bah I could care less about nature. So far it hasn't drawn me into even thinking of buying it.

Posted by Zeta

I can't wait for Pokemon Fushigi Dungeon. You actually get to control the Pokemon in that, instead of telling them what to do.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Shade][SIZE=3]
EDIT: Hopefully this is just Pokemon Ranger, as Diamon and Pearl are separate games from this.
[/SIZE]

Thats what I'm saying. The full title of Pokemon Ranger is Pokemon Ranger: The Road to Diamond and Pearl. It's like a prequel, I guess.

This was from ign-

[quote] [Pokemon Ranger is] an action RPG set in the world of the Pokemon Ranger movie. You play as a Pokemon Ranger. Different from a Pokemon Trainer, a Ranger travels the lands, using Pokemon in a fight to defend nature from baddies. Its release precedes that of Diamond and Pearl, and all three games link up together for some top secret bonuses.

[URL="http://ds.ign.com/objects/764/764902.html"]http://ds.ign.com/objects/764/764902.html[/URL]

Ranger needs more guns.

Posted by cool gamer dad

They better not mess with the battle system too much, or we, the netbattle community, will just have to not use it! :cool:

But I'm loking forward to something different... I'm actually tired of the classic way of going about waging war.

Posted by GameMiestro

Once again, I think a tactics Pokemon game would be fantastic.

Posted by muffla

wtf is up with the tops on pearl and diamond

are those top things the new pokeballs?

i need a ds

Posted by Shakyl

dan how bout you get a DS you give me your PSP:rolleyes: ?

Posted by giminius

Quoting muffla: wtf is up with the tops on pearl and diamond

are those top things the new pokeballs?

i need a ds

Pokemon Ranger is not a true sequel to the older games. As a result, the capture system is different. Rather than throwing your balls at pokemon you want to catch, you use the DS stylus to draw a circle around the pokemon (top spinning action!), and you get to "call upon" the pokemon for a limited amount of times, or so I've heard.