Redesigned DS Revealed

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

http://ds.ign.com/articles/683/683684p1.html

[IMG]http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/683/683684/redesigned-nintendo-ds-revealed-20060126000945978.jpg[/IMG]

After weeks of rumor and speculation, Nintendo today finally revealed its expected redesign of the Nintendo DS handheld system. Called the DS Lite, this new design will be released in Japan on March 2, 2006 and cost 16,800 yen (about 140 bucks US.) The redesign retains all the functionality of the standard DS, but makes things smaller, lighter and brighter.

The modified dual screen handheld has been tweaked into a smaller chassis. The new unit measures up to 133 mm wide by 73.9 mm tall by 21.5 thick. (that's compared to 148.7 x 84.7 x 28.99 mm in the original.) DS Lite weighs 218g, compared to the 275 g of the original.

DS Lite's biggest new technical feature is its updated set of backlit LCD screens. The system is brighter overall, and will give the user the ability to select from four different levels of brightness for viewing and/or battery consumption. A few other cosmetic changes were made to the new DS Lite -- there's a new hinge design, the power light was put on the left side of the hinge and is visible while the clamshell is closed, the mic is moved to top/center while the speakers are more centered, the Select and Start buttons are set on the bottom instead of top, and the power button is no longer on the front, and all of the dark button colors are changed to whites and grays. The cute DS logo is also placed on the front. Basic functionality, otherwise, looks to be identical to the original DS.

Nintendo has not yet revealed any of its US release plans, but expect an announcement in the next few hours from Nintendo of America. We'll keep you posted.

Posted by Klarth

getting one asap. Now I don't have to be afraid of carting around a hideous grey bulky blob along with my slick, black, rounded etc PSP.

Same here. I've always been a sucker for redesigns. And this one won't be an exception.

Posted by Klarth

plus it shall fit in my pocket, which my old DS wouldn't do!

http://ds.ign.com/articles/683/683728p1.html

Following the earlier announcement of the new "DS Lite" revision to the DS hardware, Nintendo's Japanese parent has cleared up a few issues.

Although the product was announced in Japan, with no details given for international market, DS Lite will indeed be released in Europe and America. The company hasn't given a specific release date, only stating that the western markets can expect a release following Spring. This seems to suggest that a simultaneous release with the Japanese version (set for 3/2) is out.

There were also some questions about the fate of the current DS model. In Japan, Nintendo will continue to produce and sell the original model. The price of the original model will remain at its current 15,000 yen, 1,800 yen less than the 16,800 yen new model.

The DS Lite will be initially released to Japan in three colors, Nintendo reveals. In addition to the white color shown in the first pictures of the system, the company will release two yet unannounced colors.

Nintendo expects the DS to continue to perform well this year, both in old and new forms. Referring to the Japanese market, company president Satoru Iwata said to the Japanese press, "Taken as a whole with the current version, we're aiming at total domestic sales of 10,000,000 units not too late in the year." At the end of 2005, the DS had sold 5.7 million units in Japan.

We expect Nintendo's US division to provide further details on the US release of DS Lite in the not-so-distant future. Keep checking back here at IGNDS.

Posted by Night Owl

Very minute changes,Ill have to pass

Posted by GameMiestro

I might buy it, if it comes out within a reasonable time.

Posted by gundelhell_wielder

Its like gameboy SP to gameboy micro,exept your hands still fit in that handheld.heh..guess im gonna trade-in my DS for that lite.

Posted by junior senior

I'll probably trade in mine and get this one. I hate it when I'm playing my game and my finger slips and turns it off. :mad:

Posted by GameMiestro

How can that happen? You have to hold the button down for like, two seconds.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

[IMG]http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/683/683684/redesigned-nintendo-ds-revealed-20060126000945978.jpg[/IMG]

HaWt :D

Yeah...I'm definetly going to pick this up.

Posted by nich

meh. If I do get one it'll be because of the size and weight difference.

Posted by Drewboy64

Definately gonna get one. My cousin's in Japan so he's gonna preorder one (lucky bastard). I like the rev-look, although it'd be nice if the kept the top part like the old ds. By that i mean have those slanted roof-top esque parts. I wonder what colors there'll be.

I wonder if you will no longer be considered "nerdy" if you have a DS. That's pretyt much why some people (everyone at my school pretty much) like the PSP - cause it looks cool and sleek.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/VampiroV.Empire/DScompare.jpg[/IMG]

What the size might look like compared to the DS.

Posted by junior senior

Quoting GameMiestro: How can that happen? You have to hold the button down for like, two seconds.

I don't know. :( It clicks right away and turns off.

where's the power button on the Lite?

Posted by Ant

I'm not impressed. I think I'll wait for the next redesign ;)

Posted by junior senior

You're never satisfied.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Night Owl: Very minute changes,Ill have to pass

[quote=Ant]I'm not impressed. I think I'll wait for the next redesign ;)

Agreed, this really isn't that big a deal. I mean, yeah, it's great that they can make it smaller and I'd have sooner bought one that size if I'd had the choice before, but it's not like it makes the old one obsolete or anything.

I'll get it if the trade-in rate is practically free. Otherwise, the one I have plays my games just fine.

Posted by brownoystercult

Picking one up. That's equally sexy to the PSP.

Posted by junior senior

GameBoy Advance - May 2001.
GameBoy Advance SP - 2003.

Nintendo DS - November 2004.
Nintendo DS Lite - 2006.

Pattern? It's not too soon.

Posted by Random

Quoting Junior Senior: GameBoy Advance - May 2001.
GameBoy Advance SP - 2003.

Nintendo DS - November 2004.
Nintendo DS Lite - 2006.

Pattern? It's not too soon.

Gameboy Advance 2001
Gameboy Advance SP 2003
Gameboy Advance Micro 2005

Nintendo DS 2004
Nintendo DS Lite 2006
Nintendo DS (Still waiting for it) 2008

C'mon we know it's coming. F*** Nintendo and they're cheap ways to make money. Honestly their going to make a **** load of money releasing this. It's a way to rip people off. It really P*sses me off. Sonys no better. They did it with the PS1 and PS2.

It's dumb....

Quoted post: It really P*sses me off.

Because you HAVE to buy it, right? It's meant for those who are looking for a smaller system and those who don't currently own one. You don't have to buy it. Your current DS, just like all GBAs, still work fine. They don't break once a new design comes out.

Quoted post: where's the power button on the Lite?

Left, bottom.

Posted by Random

But its a huge money making scheme that i'm sick of. Ok so you want smaller. Gotcha but there will be people who buy it because they don't understand the difference and they'll trade/sell/keep their old DS and buy this one not Knowing. We have so many customers who are like that it P*sses me off because I garuntee Nintendo is banking off of it.

Quoted post: But its a huge money making scheme that i'm sick of. Ok so you want smaller. Gotcha but there will be people who buy it because they don't understand the difference and they'll trade/sell/keep their old DS and buy this one not Knowing. We have so many customers who are like that it P*sses me off because I garuntee Nintendo is banking off of it.

No ****. That's what business is all about. Making money. It's smart on their part. They can't completely update their new system, so why not use new technology to make it smaller? It's cheap, effective, and generates a lot of money. Just like making new colours. not to mention is generates more interest into the system. Stop complaining. People who don't want it won't buy it.

And those people deserved to be ripped off if they can't figure out the difference between the old and new DS.

SR: You're putting up some really ****ty points.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

The only difference here is the size and the fact that the brightness has four levels instead of just two. However, I really wouldn't be surprised if GBA functionality had been removed.

PictoChat online, though, is too much to hope for.

Posted by junior senior

My point with the GameBoys were that no one really complained about the time span, and everybody here is making a big deal out of the DS'.

haha I completely forgot about PictoChat.b

Posted by Moogs

If I get one it'd be black.

Racist.

Quoted post: If I get one it'd be black.

ditto

glossy black is hawt

Oh yeah, here's another comparison between old and new: http://ds.ign.com/articles/683/683686p1.html

Posted by Klarth

Quoting SomebodyRandom: But its a huge money making scheme that i'm sick of. Ok so you want smaller. Gotcha but there will be people who buy it because they don't understand the difference and they'll trade/sell/keep their old DS and buy this one not Knowing. We have so many customers who are like that it P*sses me off because I garuntee Nintendo is banking off of it.

AAAAH NINTENDO ARE MAKING MONEY! STOP THEM!

question: does lite have a bigger touch screen ? (cause in that last comparison it looked a little more bigger than the DS)

Oh man, this will blow if it can't play all GBA games.

Posted by Klarth

Correction: It'll blow if it can't play any GBA games.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=SomebodyRandom]Gameboy Advance 2001
Gameboy Advance SP 2003
Gameboy Advance Micro 2005

Nintendo DS 2004
Nintendo DS Lite 2006
Nintendo DS (Still waiting for it) 2008

C'mon we know it's coming. F*** Nintendo and they're cheap ways to make money. Honestly their going to make a **** load of money releasing this. It's a way to rip people off. It really P*sses me off. Sonys no better. They did it with the PS1 and PS2.

It's dumb....

All companies do this in some form or another. Deal with it. You don't have to buy it.

I'm getting the redesign, anyway. :)

The screens are the same size. The Lite's one just looks bigger because the unit is smaller.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Vampiro] Your current DS, just like all GBAs, still work fine. They don't break once a new design comes out.

They break before then, in which case, I might as well buy the redesign.

Quoted post: They break before then, in which case, I might as well buy the redesign.

Then you, sir, shouldn't buy handhelds.

Because you're clearly not taking care of them.

Posted by Random

Quoting Speedfreak: All companies do this in some form or another. Deal with it. You don't have to buy it.

I'm getting the redesign, anyway. :)

The only re release system Microsoft did was the Green Limited Edition Xbox which came with a $50 game and sold it for only $30 more than a regular Xbox. Microsoft hasn't done so. Sony has done it with their PSone/PStwo's and now Nintendo has done this for it's 8th million time.

They originally did it with the NES, then if i'm not mistaken the Gameboy, then the GBA/SP/Micro, and now the DS.

Hooray for people who will buy into it thinking it's something completely different and thank you Nintendo for being retarded and not making it decent in the first place.

I don't give a rats *** what anyone says whether you think I have a strong point or not, I know i'm right and thats all I need.

If Nintendo was a larger company like Sony I'd probably never buy anything from them because of things like this. Remakes are decent when your first product completely sucks. Not when your just looking to make cash. Hence this is why the Micro is horribly failing because people are wising up.

Quoted post: I know i'm right and thats all I need.

bol

you're so retarded.

Quoting SomebodyRandom: The only re release system Microsoft did was the Green Limited Edition Xbox which came with a $50 game and sold it for only $30 more than a regular Xbox. Microsoft hasn't done so.

Nope. Xbox was re-released fairly soon after its launch with a few games bundled in - as I remember, Halo 2 and Midnight Club. It was also released in a Clear limited edition bundle.

Not only that, but you can include the price drop about two weeks after launch as a re-release too.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=SomebodyRandom]The only re release system Microsoft did was the Green Limited Edition Xbox which came with a $50 game and sold it for only $30 more than a regular Xbox. Microsoft hasn't done so. Sony has done it with their PSone/PStwo's and now Nintendo has done this for it's 8th million time.

They originally did it with the NES, then if i'm not mistaken the Gameboy, then the GBA/SP/Micro, and now the DS.

Hooray for people who will buy into it thinking it's something completely different and thank you Nintendo for being retarded and not making it decent in the first place.

I don't give a rats *** what anyone says whether you think I have a strong point or not, I know i'm right and thats all I need.

If Nintendo was a larger company like Sony I'd probably never buy anything from them because of things like this. Remakes are decent when your first product completely sucks. Not when your just looking to make cash. Hence this is why the Micro is horribly failing because people are wising up.

Microsoft Office 2000.
Microsoft Office 2001
Microsoft Office 2003
Microsoft Windows 98
Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows Millenium Edition

Know what's even worse about the way Microsoft does it? They stop supporting old versions. They become OBSOLETE. The old version of the DS does not.

I have already proven to you that Gameboy Micro isn't failing, stop being an ignorant fanboy.

What the fuck does the size of the company have to do with it? if you don't want their product don't fucking buy it. There are plenty of people with perfectly legitimate reasons for buying updated hardware, and contrary to popular belief, Nintendo don't aim their remade products at people who already own previous models unless it's to fix issueswith older models, such as Gameboy Pocket and Gameboy SP (which are the only examples, actually).

They more often than not give them something to distinguish them from the others. Micro purely exists for image conscious people, it has faceplates and it's tiny. It offers no new functionality over previous models whatsoever. The NES was updated to a low-cost version for people who hadn't picked one up yet, and wanted one cheap before the 16-bit generation started.

I honestly can't even tell what you're even *****ing about. Are you upset about a business wanting to make money or are you upset about stupid people existing?

Newsflash, this isn't some dastardly scheme conceived by Nintendo in order to fool the masses and make them stupid. It's a marketing ploy used by most major companies in the world. People aren't "wising up" to Nintendo because there's nothing to "wise up" to. If it wasn't a decent way of making money Nintendo wouldn't do it.

Posted by Pit

iPod
iPod 2nd Generation - 4th
iPod Video
iPod Mini
iPod Nano
iPod Shuffle

Let's not forget computers that come out in 4 month life spans.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Vampiro: [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/VampiroV.Empire/DScompare.jpg[/IMG]

What the size might look like compared to the DS.

So it does the same stuff, but looks really plain. The only difference is the size.

I'm not getting one.

Speedy, what was the issue with the GBA SP?

Posted by Random

Quoting Wings: Nope. Xbox was re-released fairly soon after its launch with a few games bundled in - as I remember, Halo 2 and Midnight Club. It was also released in a Clear limited edition bundle.

Not only that, but you can include the price drop about two weeks after launch as a re-release too.

We're not talking about Bundles jack***. Secondly I never even heard of the Clear limited edition bundle and if there was one then it was so rare. We're talking about releasing a system on a large scale.

And the Price drop is a price drop not a new system.

Does anyone even understand my logic?

Ok I see where Speedfreak has proved me wrong with Microsoft. But still in the gaming industry Microsoft has yet to do so.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I'm happy with the obsolete DS I recieved for Christmas. :)

Posted by maian

Well, first off, the SP was needed. Second off, SR's arguments suck. Third off, my actual opinion.

So, I think it's pretty cool, but as usual, I won't be getting it. Unless the trade in rates are free-to ridiculously low, I simply can't afford it. (Maybe I can try to refund my old DS with a disfunctional L button when it's "obsolete")

Anyhow, I don't think it's really needed. The DS is decent in size, weight, and looks. It has a good backlight, good battery life, and good battery placement. A replacement isn't a bad thing though. I look foward to seeing how it actually is.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=SomebodyRandom]We're not talking about Bundles jack***. Secondly I never even heard of the Clear limited edition bundle and if there was one then it was so rare. We're talking about releasing a system on a large scale.

Ok I see where Speedfreak has proved me wrong with Microsoft. But still in the gaming industry Microsoft has yet to do so.

Well yeah. Xbox isn't successful enough to pull it off, Gameboys, DSs and PS2s are. You'll notice Gamecube didn't get a makeover for the same reason.

Quoted post: We're not talking about Bundles jack***. Secondly I never even heard of the Clear limited edition bundle and if there was one then it was so rare. We're talking about releasing a system on a large scale.

Do you understand his? These are all ways for MS to get consumers to buy their product. No, it's not a total redesign, but it's basically the same ploy. They're trying to make the more product appealing, but rather than redesign it, they come out with new, limited colours and pice drops. Same idea, different path.

Oh and don't forget, the first Xbox controller. Biggest mistake they ever made. Lead to a quick redesign and increase in sales. That's the exact same as Nintendo redesigning their DS or GBAs.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Vampiro]Biggest mistake they ever made
Literally.

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Does anyone even understand my logic?

It's impossible to understand your logic when there's none there in the first place.

Look - if Microsoft had NEVER re-released the Xbox, it would still be available in exactly the same for as it was originally. Same packaging, power cords that explode, etc.

Bundles - you might be misunderstanding me, but I doubt it. These games came IN THE BOX. They weren't thrown in by the retailer, they were included by Microsoft. It was a deliberate marketing ploy to garner more customers, which you're claiming they don't do.

Heck, if Microsoft never re-released stuff, the Xbox would still have the old wrist-breaking conrtollers.

Posted by Drewboy64

Here's what I've been wondering: what about WFC? Do we just reinput the information to connect to the internet? because I'll be wanting to play Mario Kart and Animal Crossing and Metroid Prime online on my DS Lite.

You'll be able to, but registering your carts on a new DS will give you different Friend Codes. You can, though, just send the WiFi configuration to the Lite in the WFC menu.

Posted by DrewC

i dont really like where the MIC is on the lite, talking into it would fog up the screen 0.0

Posted by Drewboy64

Not really, unless it was really cold. Only blowing warm air on it would fog it up. Otherwise talking and blowing normally wouldn't do much. I'm definately getting a Lite. So slick and sexy. Yum.

There's really no reason to get a Lite if you already own a DS that works, DB.

Quoted post: Originally Posted by Drewboy64
I'm definately getting a Lite. So slick and sexy. Yum.

yes,yes platinum Lite sexy but,black Lite horney.[SIZE="1"]mmmmmmm[/SIZE]

Quoted post: Originally Posted by Roinkz
There's really no reason to get a Lite if you already own a DS that works, DB.

There is every reason to buy something remodeled from nintendo.(by the way I like the naruto sharingan avatar)

sooo any information on the colors ? [SIZE="1"](blackblackblackblackblack)[/SIZE]

Quoting gundelhell_wielder: There is every reason to buy something remodeled from nintendo.

No.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Roinkz]There's really no reason to get a Lite if you already own a DS that works, DB.

You obviously haven't noticed how heavy, large and uncomfortable the current DS is.

That's probably because it really isn't.

Posted by nich

I'd say it's on the bigger/heavier side, not uncomfortable though.

Quoted post: Originally Posted by Wings
That's probably because it really isn't.

Well all I can say is that it is heavy and large.uncomfortable ??
Anyways Wings you know you wanna buy it.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Wings]That's probably because it really isn't.

Try playing Metroid Hunters whilst standing up, not resting one side of your DS on anything. Also, notice the sharp, gigantic ridge around it, and the buttons that dig into your fingers.

Posted by Random

DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS.

Quoting gundelhell_wielder: Anyways Wings you know you wanna buy it.

No. No, I really don't.

Adam old chum, I can't play Metroid Hunters any other way than fully supporting it with one hand. In fact, my best run of consecutive wins was while standing up, doing just that. I don't understand your point - do you hook your little finger around the side, or something? That would be uncomfortable.

Not only that, but that ridge is hardly razor-sharp. I only notice it when I'm not actually playing the thing. The buttons I'll meet you half way on, as I dislike this type of button as opposed to the GBA/Micro/DSLite ones, but still, might I suggest you're pressing too hard?

Posted by Speedfreak

I'm not pressing hard so much as for extended periods, like in Mario Kart. They could be better, though., GC has much more more comfortable buttons.

Quoting Speedfreak: You obviously haven't noticed how heavy, large and uncomfortable the current DS is.

I have because I've owned one.

The Lite plays the same games as the DS, right? I just don't think something smaller and more comfortable for $140 warrants a buy if you already own a current gen DS.

Posted by Speedfreak

Well I do, and that's what counts, because I control my money.

Quoted post: Originally Posted by Speedfreak
Well I do, and that's what counts, because I control my money.

[COLOR="Black"]exactly.So if you wanna buy the Lite buy it and if you don't wanna buy it,well your the one that is gonna miss it.[/COLOR]

Sure, but it seems that you two are just trying to persuade people to buy one.

G_W: Please, please just shut up. You're worse than SomebodyRandom. And to get things straight, the Naruto avatar is a joke.

Posted by junior senior

Quoting gundelhell_wielder: [COLOR="Black"]exactly.So if you wanna buy the Lite buy it and if you don't wanna buy it,well your the one that is gonna miss it.[/COLOR]

do you realize how annoying you are?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Roinkz]Sure, but it seems that you two are just trying to persuade people to buy one.

G_W: Please, please just shut up. You're worse than SomebodyRandom. And to get things straight, the Naruto avatar is a joke.

No, I'm just justifying my buying one. I hate the cheap feeling of the current DS, I don't find it very comfortable and it's too heavy. Thus the DS Lite is perfect for me.

Well, you can give me your old one if mine breaks, then.

It'll be funny if Sony redesigns their PSP.

So why not just start after Nintendo releases their redesign?! Oh, Sony.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Hey my names Nintendo and I can't go a year without releasing a new handheld or a more enhanced version of one already out.

Oh, just shut up. You've made your point, been disproven, and now you're acting like a twelve-year-old fanboy. Get out.

And if Sony releases a redesigned PSP, I'm almost certainly not getting one - It's bound to ship with 2.6 firmware or so. :/

Quoted post: Originally Posted by Roinkz

I hate you.your not supposed to live.

Quoted post: Originally Posted by Junior Senior
do you realize how annoying you are?

no,aahhh whatever guess ill just post at the megaman forum.CABRON

Posted by Drewboy64

DS Lite's gonna be awesome. Smaller is better, and it looks so sleek. But a big reason I'm getting it is the brighter screen. After seeing the brighter screen SP, no other screen can compare.

Quoted post: I'm not pressing hard so much as for extended periods, like in Mario Kart. They could be better, though., GC has much more more comfortable buttons.

yeah, MKDS is about the only game where the DS felt uncomfortable/painful. I got used to it, though, so it doesn't bother me anymore. But I shouldn't have to get used to it.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Speedfreak: Try playing Metroid Hunters whilst standing up, not resting one side of your DS on anything. Also, notice the sharp, gigantic ridge around it, and the buttons that dig into your fingers.

A bricklayer does not have those kind of problems! :o
---------------------------

And i'll probably get a lite due to the fact that the screen will probably be brighter.

And I wouldn't really care if it won't be able to play GBA games.
But assuming it will, since the slot also works as a rumble pack.
And the slick look.

But come on!
The DS doesn't weigh KILOS! :o
Neither does it look chunky, but I actually like the test type version more for some reason.

:)

Posted by Klarth

[quote=gundelhell_wielder]I hate you.your not supposed to live.
...Do you have ANY human contact offline?
Judging by your childish comebacks and general outlook on socialising, I'd guess not. Oh well.

Quoted post: Originally Posted by Klarth
Judging by your childish comebacks and general outlook on socialising, I'd guess not.

1.of course they are childish comebacks,cause I don't know how to make a mature comeback in Inglish.(I don't live in US nor Canada nor england,I just live in a place where Inglish is not the proper languange to speak)

2.I don't socialice well with vgchat people.

Posted by ExoXile

So you are from Russia then?

Quoted post: So you are from Russia then?

more like sweden, amirite, Xile?

Posted by ExoXile

There are only cool people in Sweden.
Snow-Black people, and 50%Finnish people.

And he's clearly not one of them!

touché

http://media.ds.ign.com/articles/686/686966/imgs_1.html

Nintendo recently filed its upcoming Nintendo DS Lite system for FCC approval. And in this approval process, shots of the system have been made publicly available on the FCC website. This is the first time since the system's announcement that the system's been documented with photos, and this is also the first time that the edges and bottom of the system have been revealed.

This photoshoot confirms many new details about the new DS Lite design:

# The stylus is now stored horizontally in the system's right side, instead of the original's vertical/back orientation.

# The DS Lite will ditch the Game Boy Advance SP and Nintendo DS AC adapter port for the more compact Game Boy Micro AC adapter port.

# The Game Boy Advance slot on the DS Lite will have a protective, removable slot cover to protect the port when not in use. And most likely to make gaming a bit more comfortable on the fingers that grip down there.

# The headphone jack and volume switch are in the identical position as the standard DS, and remain unchanged.

# Power is now activated by a slider switch on the right side, just above the Stylus slot. It is no longer a button press. To prevent players from accidentally turning on or off the system, the slide switch must be slid towards the right and held for two seconds.

# The internal Model name for the DS Lite is USG. Previous model names for past Nintendo handheld systems include DMG for the original Game Boy, CGB for Game Boy Color, AGB for Game Boy Advance, AGS for the GBA SP, OXY for the Game Boy Micro, and NTR for the original Nintendo DS.

Posted by ExoXile

Ho-ho!

I'm certainly getting one.

Posted by junior senior

No more push Power Switch?!

I'm getting this!

Posted by Arczu

If I can convice my sister to have this old one, then I'll get that one and bam. Long-awaited 2-player action.

Although, I do find the old unit a bit heavy sometimes. My back fingers can get a bit sore sometimes.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Vampiro:
# The stylus is now stored horizontally in the system's right side, instead of the original's vertical/back orientation.

I believe the stylus is bigger, too; thicker and longer is better... :eek:

Looked the same to me...

Posted by Drewboy64

no, the dimentions of that rectangle area on teh stylus look different. It looks too thick for how long it is compared to the normal stylus. I think it's bigger.

The unit's just smaller and the image blown up. Guaranteed they don't just the size.

Plus, look at the first picture in this thread. The size is pretty similar.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/VampiroV.Empire/1139543224105.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by ExoXile

I'm getting black one! :cool:

Posted by Speedfreak

It's not actually black, it's navy.

Posted by ExoXile

Ewew, i'll take the white then! :o

Posted by nich

That looks really sweet. Out of those options I like white, but I'd like to check out the navy in a diferent picture, or in my hands. The teal looks too much for girls.

Posted by GameMiestro

New info!

[URL="http://www.gamespot.com/news/6144058.html"]http://www.gamespot.com/news/6144058.html[/URL]

Double the battery life? Must get.

Posted by nich

Drew was right, the stylus will be one centimeter longer and one millimeter thicker than those included with the original DS.

Posted by Drewboy64

Yeah, I'm getting icey blue. :spooge:

Too bad the GBA carts will stick out of the slot. At least there's a cover for it now, though...

Posted by Klarth

Navy looks sexy as ****.

Do want.

Quoted post: Navy looks sexy as ****.

Do want.

Concur

Quoting Vampiro: Too bad the GBA carts will stick out of the slot.

Ah, I thought the stylus slot was too close to the bottom edge.

Hm. I might get one, after all - the longer battery life is very appealing... although having the GBA cart stick out isn't the best idea. I hate how the original GB carts stick out of the GBA.

Posted by Drewboy64

**** this thing is so bright! I don't think I even need to use the brightest setting (which is good, because with that I only get 5-8 hours)
[IMG]http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/8222/nin244zs.jpg[/IMG]

I remember playing GBA games on the DS and being amazed at how much brighter it was... Is the Lite brighter than the new SP? Because I don't remember the SP being this much brighter, even though it was alot brighter than the DS.

Wow, what a difference...

But yeah, I think I heard that it was brighter than the new SP. Which makes sense.

The new DS is looking better and better.

I've a feeling the Lite, updated SP, and Micro will all be fairly similar in terms of brightness.

But what the hell? DS' backlight has never been a problem for me!

Posted by GameMiestro

But brighter is always better.

Okay, usually better.

Posted by Drewboy64

In this case, it is. If it's as bright as the new SP, you can bet it's gonna be awesome. Because that SP's light is amazing.