giving up smokin

Posted by bazariah

well as the title says giving up smoking

im starting a course of nicotine patches next tuesday, basically i hope to be off cigarettes fully in the next 3-4 weeks

wish me luck

Posted by Axis

Good luck dude, I know you can do it.

Posted by junior senior

Good luck, man. Not many people can do that.

Posted by Night Owl

[quote=Junior Senior]Good luck, man. Not many people can do that.

eh, he means to say, everyone can do it!

Posted by sniper

I've heard a good way to give up smoking is to pick up heroin. I'd check that out if you are serious about this.

Posted by Fragliche

Good luck, Bazariah. Giving up smoking is difficult, and it's going to be a long hard road of sneaking a smoke here and there.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Good luck Baz. :D

Posted by nich

Good luck dude, you have my support, and love.

Posted by GameMiestro

Good luck... I always thought nicotene patches were one of the harder ways to quit smoking.

Posted by brownoystercult

You're going to suffer.

Posted by Ant

quiter.

Posted by Crazy K

Good luck dude. I hope you overcome the smoking. :)

Posted by Killer Jordo

It's ver yahrd to do. Just stick your mind to it. And keep in mind my grandfather died because of smoking. And so many others too!

Posted by Roger Smith

Your the **** Baz, you can do it.

Posted by Cronoan

I'm with Rogey. Good luck, my dad was able quit with the patch a while ago, you've got this. :cool:

Although I don't envy you. :(

Posted by Roger Smith

Oh wait...if Baz quits....I'll have to remove smoking Baz from my sig and get a non-smoking Baz in there!

Posted by Azusa

Best of luck. My significant other quit a few weeks ago, and he says to tell you smoking a cigar every week or so, (progressively less, of course) helps.

Posted by Klarth

Good decision. Best of luck to ye, baz.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Quoting bazariah: basically i hope to be off cigarettes fully in the next 3-4 weeks

Ambitious, ain't ya. But best of luck.

But you know what they say - "Quitting smoking's easy! I've done it six times already!"

Posted by MetalVox~55

If I can do it, you can do it too.

Posted by Slade

YEAAAH for quitting. This world wants you to live long time. Or this site anyways.

Lifesuckers.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Well, before you effectively quit, make sure to get some good pics of you with fags in your mouth. Since you won't be sucking on fags ever again, you'll need to get some good pics now.

Posted by mis0

How I quit smoking:

Everytime I wanted a smoke, I shot myself in the foot with a crossbow. It only took like three hours to quit completely. :)

I wondered how you could swat flies with your feet.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Misoxeny: How I quit smoking:

Everytime I wanted a smoke, I shot myself in the foot with a crossbow. It only took like three hours to quit completely. :)

You didn't give up when you had to load 160 pounds of weight, or was it one of those crossbows where you don't have to load it manually.

Baz, go with the heroin idea.

Posted by Dragner

You'r a better man than I . I tip my hat to you sir.

Posted by The Prince of Persia

Good luck. Don't give into the cravings.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Being healthy is overrated.

Posted by bazariah

Quoting Fei-on: Well, before you effectively quit, make sure to get some good pics of you with fags in your mouth. Since you won't be sucking on fags ever again, you'll need to get some good pics now.

since i dont wish to dissapoint you dude :D

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/bazariah/2006%20year%20of%20baz/Picture10.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Raptor

I always thought a cigarette dangling from someone's lips looked stupid rather than "badass" or "cool." Same with gum chewing. If someone went out into the world with a toothbrush hanging out of their mouth, it would look less idiotic to me, because at least its a symbol of hygiene rather than self-inflicted harm. I'm glad you're quitting.

Posted by Iris

Comparing chewing gum to cigarettes? =/

Good luck quitting. It'll be difficult.

Posted by Raptor

No, Amy Rose, I just commented that both habits look stupid to me.

Posted by mis0

Dressing up in synthetic fur which releases harmful emissions in manufacturing processes, and also afterwards, always looked stupid to me.

But I never mentioned it.

Dude, didn't you know? Killing yourself is cool these days! People on MySpace are doing it, and everything!

Posted by mis0

Oh, really? Maybe that's why I was suddenly popular when people saw me with that box cutter. I was seriously only cutting boxes!! -_-;;

You killed the implicit funny.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I've quit like 30 times. As of now. .. I haven't had one in 2 days

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: I've quit like 30 times. As of now. .. I haven't had one in 2 days

I refer the honourable gentleman to post number nineteen of this very thread.

Posted by bazariah

well i officially commenced on my quest to quit at midnight this monday, and so far im doing very well.. i finished my last cigarette at 11:59pm monday night... i had a few cravings for one about an hour later, this was quashed by going to bed..... i woke up today gone 12:30 in the afternoon, which was nice as i had no work today.. had a shower and then placed my nrt patch on, watched batman forever on dvd, then went out for a walk.. had a couple of pangs as it were, but found clicking a pen to be relaxing... got home after my walk and post office visit, then had a meal.. went to my no smoking group and explained about the days proceedings and such like.... i had a carbon monoxide test done this week (had one last week too) last weeks result was about a 25, i did much better this week as i got a 0-1 which is an average for a non smoker... i put the money i would've used for smokes in a jar in coin form, when it comes to the end of the month im going to buy myself a nice lil present... im not thinking this is going to be easy, but im definetly putting myself to this and i know im gonna feel like crap and get a bit tetchy, but im not going to put a cigarette in my mouth... i hope...

thanks to all of you for your kind words supporting me.. raptor is right in what he said a cigarette dangling does look stupid, i looked at people today with that in mind... i also thought about a cute lil bunny rabbit smoking, picture that in your mind doesnt that seem dumb? it did to me lol

Posted by maian

Sounds like you're doing well. I always have respected people who can quit smoking. Good luck in continuing your quest. :cool:

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

sunflower seeds helped me alot, baz. 5 days smoke free so far

Posted by DarkBlade

[COLOR=black][IMG]http://img.kukaionline.com/gif/src/1121890882550.gif[/IMG][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Quiting smoking was the hardest thing I never did. But if you actually quit, that means you have actually really started and quit for real![/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]But if it wernt for my lung disease, Id have started and quit awile ago. Smoking must be tough on you lungs aswell your wallet.:([/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]Not smoking helps you stay healthy wealthy and wise^^[/COLOR]

Posted by bazariah

well i've been smoke free since monday, it'll be a week tommorrow night :D

it's not been easy, but it hasnt been too difficult either... im feeling loads better for it too

Posted by Demonblade

I see someone at work quit smoking every week. Although quitting is roughly defined as a five day break, followed by a two day smoking binge accompanied by a healthy consumption of alcohol, which most likely falls on a weekend.

Ive never smoke...and probably never will....

Quoting bazariah: it's not been easy, but it hasnt been too difficult either...

Count yourself lucky. A lot of people literally can't survive without it.