LAN Parties or Get Togethers anyone?

Posted by Random

Lately me and a huge amount of friends have been getting together to do LAN Parties or gaming get togethers for tournaments. I remember in 2003/2004 we had so many Halo 1 XB and a ton of PC Lan parties.

March 2005 I started it back up again. I decided on a ranking system per each console/PC and an overall plus team and single competition rankings. I also decided to have no less than 16 but no more than 64. The Most we ever had was 61 and the least we ever had was 18. We of course used a friend of mines place who has a fricken huge *** place that can easily fit 60 people.

Games we've done with Lan:

March 2005:
Halo 2 Tourny XB

April 2005:
Halo 1 Tourny XB

May 2005:
Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 Tourny PC (2 day tourny)

June 2005:
Tekken 5 PS2 (Non Lan, just a Tourny)

July 2005:
NFS Underground 2 PS2 (Non Lan)

August 2005:
Mario Kart DD GC

Sept 2005:
Star Wars Battlefront XB

Oct 2005:
Rise of Nations PC

Nov 2005:
Star Wars Battlefront 2

Dec 2005:
Mario Strikers GC (Non Lan)

and our latest:

Jan 2006:
Call of Duty 2 XB360

We've put money into it to win prizes and stuff. We've had raffle plus we've given prizes away to winners and the highest rankings.

Systems Given away:

Nintendo DS-Raffle winner
Microsoft Xbox-Halo 2 Winner

Games Given away:

Star Wars Battlefront 2-Bfront 2 Winner
Mario Strikers-Strikers winner
Soul Caliber III-Raffle winner

Hardware/Accessories Given away:
XB S-Controller Blue-Raffle
XBox Live 1 Year-Raffle
Gameboy Player for Gamecube-Raffle
XB360 Controller-Raffle (360 owners only)

So all in all it's pretty fun. Feb 2006 looks like a DOA 4 Tourny. Seems to be the majorities pick. Madden 2006 on the 360 is a close 2nd.

Anyone else do get togethers like this? Obviously me and my friends are HUGE into Multiplayer games. It's cost a lot of money but it's pretty fun. We always put money into it. Not so much gambling as it is for prizes.

We're also currently trying to become sponsered by EB Games/Gamestop or anything else that'll possibly pay us to commercialize or sell games. That way it cuts cost because I've takin a good bit of money out of my own pocket for raffles.

Anyone else do anything similar?

Posted by boomstick

Me and a few of my friends sometimes get our laptops and a router and go to one of our places and play some LAN, lately it's been Age Of Empire III, but we never play for money or anything like that, just for fun or leveling up cities

Posted by Random

Well I love my huge get togethers. I enjoy massive multiplayer gaming. I'm very competitive. Besides playing against the CPU sucks. So easy to beat even on hard. It can never be like playing someone real.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I'd have a few crappy LANS when I lived by my friends. I'm also very competitive, so it calls for an enjoyable and... very fustrating occasion. I make do with online gaming.

Posted by Random

Yeah i'm huge onto online play for PC and Xbox. Used to do some PS2 online and I decided not to go with GCN online since it sucks. I even played the Dreamcast online. I remember the days...

Got any suggestions for the next 6 months for our tournies?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Super Smash and Starcraft if you can set it up.

Posted by Random

I don't think that'd be a problem..

Games we're currently looking into:

DOA 4
Madden 2006
SSBM
NFS Most Wanted
Dance Dance Revolution
Pokemon Red-Blue-Yellow GBA (Never figured this could be a possibility)
Soul Caliber II

Along with some others. I haven't had a lot of people give me idea's but i'll think of using Starcraft.

Posted by gOdOfWaR

theres a lan partie place in our local mall.they have only 4 xbox and a lot of computers but if you get a lot of friends its fun plus you can play if other people are there it cost 20 to play for the hole day.its pretty fun but for a hour it hurts when you stand up and i get all dizzy

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Well I love my huge get togethers. I enjoy massive multiplayer gaming. I'm very competitive. Besides playing against the CPU sucks. So easy to beat even on hard. It can never be like playing someone real.

Well, I've been to pretty big ones, I remember one very large LAN party, I think Unreal 2003 or 2004, which had probably about 40 people and considering it was just local friends who wanted to play, but it wasn't for money or anything, just fun.

Lately me and 4 others have been playing AOEIII, very fun.

Posted by -])arkSide-

There is a PC LAN at this PC Repair shop that my friends work at. That is really the only LAN I go to. There really isn't that many people I know that play PC games so we really don't have big LANs so we just use the one set up at the shop... Though I just wish I still had the Gaming LAN (Club) at my school; playing Counter-Strike during lunch is so refreshing...

Posted by Crazy K

I was supposed to my first lan party this month on the 7th. My friend was supposed to call me and then afterwards pick me up. I was waiting for the call but they never did. But it was no biggie there was not enough room because they had many people already going.

But they are setting up and Xbox Lan party I think at the end of this month or beggining of the next, and I already call dibs of being one of the ones to go.

[Quote=Stinger]I'm also very competitive

Yeah im very competative myself, but the funny thing is im only very competative at sports games. I dont get mad if I loose in a FPS, but I do get mad is someone is stomping me in a Football game or NBA game.