Soul Calibur 3

Posted by Dr._31337

i havent heard anything about this yet, but I was wondering if anybody here had yet. Info plz.:3

Posted by Buneasta

If you know nothing about it, what are the odds of anybody else having a scoop?

Posted by Dr._31337

Pretty low, so obviously, I should just give up and quit.

Posted by Shade

It hasn't even been announced as a working project. But, at least we have Tekken 5 to occupy us. :)

Posted by Buneasta

Go here.

http://egm.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3137882

Posted by Shade

A French gaming site, THEY have credibility. :rolleyes:

Posted by Jezex

u just made UP soul calibur 3... what are the odds of there ACTUALLY being one anytime soon... but u can be like me when i predicted that there would be Super Smash bros 2 and mewtwo and the iceclimbers would be in it 6 years ago... theres a chance for anything really

Posted by DeathScape

I think there could be. What were the chances of Paper Mario 2 coming out?

Posted by Madame Flurrie

I don't know about a new game in the works, but according to a Latin American Nintendo magazine, [url=http://www.gamesarefun.com/gamesdb/game.php?gameid=21242]a remake[/url] of the original Dreamcast game is in development for the DS. :)

Posted by Jezex

Paper mario 2 was bound to come out, all the Paper mario games are based on MARIO RPG on the snes, not many ppl have heard of it B4, DL the Rom and play it 4 urslef

Posted by Alaster

wait wait

Posted by Alaster

there is a soul caliber three?

Posted by Alaster

man that probably suks

Posted by Alaster

i mean the other ones were not that good so i guess this one will suk,

Posted by Black Shadow

As far as I know, and trust me, I do, there is going to be a Soul Calibur III. It's only going to be out in arcade and for the Ps2. You'll be able to make a customized fighter, complete with the look, gender, nationality, and fighting style of your choosing. Plus, there's going to be a vivid explanation of the complete storyline of the series on the Ps2 game. Maybe I should have looked for a developer's screenshot, but I'm too lazy to find one for you. I saw some in some magazine, but I forget what.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

EDIT: I heard Soul Calibur 3 is going to be exculsive to the Playstation 2.

Posted by Drewboy64

***, i wish Soul Calibur 3 would be released on the Gamecube too. :(

Posted by Slade

Black Shadow's info is right. A big new feature will be the customizable characters. Their looks can be customized with several different layers of clothing, and their weapons decide their fighting styles. Also, the color of their clothes decides what they do after winning/losing. Light colors= happy, dance around. Dark= Brood, do something creepy, etc.
Yeah, just go to 1up.com. There was a big article in the EGM I just got.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

The odds of it being on PS2, GCN or XBOX is slim, since it'd be completed well into the life of the nex gen consoles:

XBOX 360
PS3
Nintendo Revolution

Granted the success of the three release, three special character scheme of SCII I would imagin they'd try it again. A fighter editor sounds awesome, but I'd remain skeptical of that for the time being.

Namco (creator of Soul Blade / Calibur series) as been quite cozy with Nintendo lately, what with the co-production between them on Star Fox Assault, I'd imagin Nintendo be a more likely candidate for a mono platform release than SONY, but I'll bet it'll be a multi platform release again. Remember that SCII for almost 2 years had been advertised as a Nintendo exclusive... which it originally was, which is probably why Link was so much more intricately programed, rendered and desinged than Heihachie and Spawn.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Well, since that post, I've seen and rad about it from several sources, adn they seem to match accounts, so most of what Black Shadow said is true.

Posted by Spin

sc3 would be good :o

Posted by Lord of Spam

Not "would be," "will be."

Posted by The Punisher

Yeah, i loved Soul Calibur 2, and Soul Calibur 3 will be the how do you kids put it these days "teh shiz9 Pwnige111!!!!!!!!11!1!one".

Posted by Nightscare

i just rented it and me and my bro STILL own with nightmare. BUT HE GREW A BIG *** HORN!!! OUT OF HIS HEAD!!!111

Posted by Seres Aran

*Sob sob, cry cry* My brother took his PS2 to military school... so no Soul Caliber III for me. Waaaaaaaaaaah!!! *Sniffles* I need a hug...

Posted by Lord of Spam

A lot of the moves got changed. That makes me sad... all those hours spent training.. for nothing.... :'(

Posted by Zeta

[url=http://park12.wakwak.com/~pusai/2005/sc321.jpg]Some people get a little carried away with the Character Maker thing.[/url] I'm going to have nightmares now.

...Huh, 'nightmares'. I guess that would be sort of a pun in a SC thread.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Those look pretty simplistic, but the concept is funny.

Posted by Zeta

There's also a Bill Gates vs. Miyamoto and a Cloud vs. Squall at the site I found those. And a poorly made Soma vs. Arikado, but I'm probably the only one that would care about that.

Posted by Random

So um.. I don't own this game and thank god that I don't. I tried it out and it doesn't seem all that great. Probably worthy of a rental and nothing more.

Haven't sold many either.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Zeta: There's also a Bill Gates vs. Miyamoto and a Cloud vs. Squall at the site I found those. And a poorly made Soma vs. Arikado, but I'm probably the only one that would care about that.

Since I dont speak [url=http://www.wakwak.com/index.html]japanese[/url], please link to those pics.

Posted by Xenos

I downloaded the game yesterday, it seems nice from what I've played in it. Though I probably won't get really addicted to it since Fighting games are not my forte.

Posted by Linko_16

I'll probably rent it for now and wait to see if they'll take the stick out of their rears and release it for all consoles. I'd miss the GCN control scheme.

Posted by Zabuza

[COLOR=navy]I'll do the same. Wait for it to come out for some other councle.[/COLOR]