Playing Video Games

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Most of us came to VGC because we had an interest in video games, and the discussion thereof. However, since joining, I understand that many VGCers don't play much video games anymore, if any at all.

So what about you?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I still play, when I have the time. Which I usually don't, but I like to try fit in at least an hour per week.

Posted by Fragliche

I try to play every day, for atleast thirty minutes or more. Wheather it's Tales of Phantasia or Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, I try to fit it into my schedual to waste time. Also, because I have always felt the need to take stress of my playing something that is relaxing.

Posted by The Judge

I play games at Anthony's house because my PS2 doesn't work and I've beaten all my Gamecube games. That means I play Video Games on weekends.

You have no idea how long it takes me to beat RPG's because of this.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Fragliche]Wheather it's Tales of Phantasia
Have you been spying on me or something? I think I love you.

I only play on my PSP these days (I have an Xbox, but it's at home) maybe four or five times a week.

Posted by Dexter

I play very often. Even when time is scarce, I still find time to play. Sometimes I have an entire day free and I may spend most of it playing games. There are many games I have that I still need to venture through and there are still many games that I don't have that I want to get around to after I finish the games I currently have. I want to venture through Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion, but I want to finish Paper Mario and Metriod Prime 2 first (nearly done with Metriod Prime 2). I also play older games. The first game I beat in 2006 was Pokemon Snap for Nintendo 64. I purchased a few NES games since the beginning of the year, too. I only have 280 Super Smash trophies and I want to get the last 10 within the next month. Playing games is part of my lifestyle. My Nintendo missions are part of my schedule. The competition captivates me. I must conquer!

Posted by Fragliche

@Dexter: I doubt Nintendo will die with you around. d=

Quoting Klarth: Have you been spying on me or something? I think I love you.

Yeah, I decided it would be fun to spy on you for a while. But you're catching on, so now I have to spy on someone else. :>

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I still play more often than I should, or have time to. But whatevs, it keeps me occupied and entertained.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Fragliche: Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

I love you more than Klarth.

Posted by Klarth

You don't love me?

...:(

Posted by Fragliche

Quoting Angelwing: I love you more than Klarth.

Garsh, you sure know how to make a person feel welcome. d=

Posted by mis0

I never really played games back in the day even, and besides getting out my Virtual Boy over Christmas break, I rarely play 30minutes of games a week.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I play a lot on Saturday, abotu three hours worth if that is a lot to you. Saturday I play some, but not as much as I do on Fridays. Other than that I don't play video games besdies on thsoe two days. My work amount is increasing that doesn't allow me to play much anymore. So I am always playing on Fridays and Saturdays.

Posted by Zeta

I play pretty much every chance I get, even during the 5 minutes between classes.

Posted by nich

Unfortunately I've only been playing once a week maybe twice. The first problem, I havn't bought a new game in a while and im sorta bored with the ones I have. Second problem, school, school limits my time like crazy.

Posted by Ant

I go thru phases where I play a lot. Or where I don't play at all. Currently since I've had my DS and a bunch of games to keep me entertained on that, I've been playing a lot.

Posted by Shade

I've been playing Castlevania for DS like crazy trying to get through Julius mode. So I've been playing more now than I usually do.

Posted by KoH

I stick to PC games nowadays, which means CS and WoW. :( I play a lot. But if you mean console games, I hardly ever play those anymore. Maybe once a month? That's it.

Posted by Raptor

I just recently reinstalled ZSNES on my desktop computer and have been playing classic games like Terranigma, Secret of Evermore, Bubsy in Claws Encounter of the Furred Kind (<3), Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel, and Aero the Acrobat. Also, I've rediscovered Spindizzy Worlds, an incredibly addicting Marble Madness-like game that I used to play over and over as a kid. Today, I picked up Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of the Cortex for GC, and plan to play that soon as well. I have actually been playing more video games lately than usual.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Raptor]Terranigma

<3

Posted by The Prince of Persia

I play games as much as I can purely to keep me entertained. I normally play for about three hours a day.

Posted by Jesse Smith

I last played a video game....last June.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Jesse Smith: I last played a video game....last June.

I thought you said that you play when you're going #2, but it all comes out so fast, since that last surgery that you had. So you only play really short video games now.

Posted by junior senior

I've been playing my Nintendo DS daily since October 22nd or 23rd (when I got Nintendogs.)

Posted by Ch

I barely play video games anymore. Last time I fully played more than an hour of video games was on New Years Eve, when I was kicking *** , drunk, at Super Smash Bros. Melee at a party.

Posted by -])arkSide-

Just look at my xfire profile in my sig... At least an hour and a half a day.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Somewhere in between once a month and once a week.

Posted by Moogs

I play on weekends, when I have the time.

Posted by Moogs

I play on weekends, when I have the time.

Posted by GameMiestro

Usually 5-6 hours on the weekends, none on the weekdays (though I have been known to play text based games).

People who dont play video games should not be here...

Posted by sabre

Quoting GameMiestro: People who dont play games should not be here...

Yeah, they severely impede discussion and generally make the board a lot worse. It would be such a better place if people who don't play games any more didn't come here.

Really, what.

I vary. I bought Xenosaga about a week ago which I keep forgetting to play, and I'm pretty frequent with the MMOs.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Sabredog]Yeah, they severely impede discussion and generally make the board a lot worse. It would be such a better place if people who don't play games any more didn't come here.

Really, what.

Just rename the site to "Off Topic Chat".

Posted by Klarth

Quoting GameMiestro: Just rename the site to "Off Topic Chat".

How about SHUT UP, TWAT-FOR-BRAINS?

Posted by cool gamer dad

I play so long each day that my palms are bloody masses of decaying skin. :)

Not quite, but on an average day I'll play around 2-3 hours.

Posted by Fate

Because of worketc., I can only game a few days a week. But when I do actually sit down to game, I play for hours and hours. I don't half-*** my games, no sir!

Posted by Moogs

I usually play late friday nights when i get home from being out(usually from 12 to 3) Saturday mornings (8-10) and Saturday Nights(12-3)when i get home. However I am a christian church person, So I only get in about 1 hour on Sunday. I don't play Monday-Thursday.

Posted by Dragner

I play at least 2 hours a day or more. I really can't do much else with my time seeing as how I,m on probation.

Posted by Crazy K

I don't play every single day like I used to. I do sometimes play for around 1 or 2 hours on certain days depending on my mood to play video games. But I usually play a lot during the weekend.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Moogs: I usually play late friday nights when i get home from being out(usually from 12 to 3) Saturday mornings (8-10) and Saturday Nights(12-3)when i get home.

Heh, I can recall spending many a friday night playing many games, most notably, Final Fantasy Tactics. Love that game. Perfect game to start on a Friday night because then you'll be playing it all day Saturday, too.

Posted by maian

Quoting Ant: I go thru phases where I play a lot. Or where I don't play at all. Currently since I've had my DS and a bunch of games to keep me entertained on that, I've been playing a lot.

..Yeah, I'm in one of those not-playing phases. The problem is, I never have money to get new games, as a result, a LONG time goes by before I ever get new ones. Currently, I've been playing Soul Calibur 2 a lot. I bought it for $13 the other day (finally), but it's already getting boring, because I got everything so fast. >_>

Posted by Demonblade

I used to play a ton...nowadays not so much. found a few other thinks that occupy my time....

fappin' I bet.

Posted by linkfreak112

once a month hah!who playes videogames once a month?!

Posted by Ch

Quoting linkfreak112: once a month hah!who playes videogames once a month?!

As the poll clearly states, I do.

Posted by Anethemo Rex

i played a lot but i kinda grew out of it. we all have to grow up sometime.

Posted by The Judge

*waits for someone to give a long and detailed argument against above post*

Posted by Speedfreak

It's just a ignorant statement, love 'em.

Posted by The Judge

That is also sufficient.

Quoted post: we all have to grow up sometime.

Isn't the average age of a gamer 30-35?

Posted by GameMiestro

The average game player is 29, the average game buyer is 36.

Thats kind of sad, acually....

Posted by gundelhell_wielder

[COLOR="Black"]Can't play much these days cause of the wacko school.
Buy yeah,I play all days when I have the time.[/COLOR]

Posted by The Judge

Why'd you highlight your grammatical error?

Posted by gundelhell_wielder

[COLOR="Black"]This as in,in this times.[/COLOR]

These* ;)

Posted by Anethemo Rex

how come when speedfreak cussed, it dindt make it into the little * things?

Posted by Anethemo Rex

how did u guys get the privlege to cuss?

Because we're amazing?

Posted by Jesse Smith

This is sad!! Is there ANYONE else here that hasn't played a video game at all over the last month!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by toofu

this is my first post! yay! in any case i voted a few times a week because its my current standard on playing. I dont believe in getting addicted to a tv screen or PC moniter. However vgs were a big part of my life growing up so ill always be attracted to the concept.

Posted by sergio11

i play computer games when ever i am in my room, which is often (ok i have not social life). so i would say several hours a day lol.

Posted by JonMB

I voted for "Everyday, but less than an hour each day."

Some days I'll play for several hours. Other days I won't play at all.

Posted by Random

Eh a Few times a week. I was working 2 jobs at one point and I barely ever got to play. Now I started to pick it up again but I don't play all that much. Now that the weathers getting nicer outside I'm getting back into my physical shape.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Eh a Few times a week. I was working 2 jobs at one point and I barely ever got to play. Now I started to pick it up again but I don't play all that much. Now that the weathers getting nicer outside I'm getting back into my physical shape.

And I was about to say "and you didn't mention your job!".

lol he works at GAMESTOP guys remember HE SELLS VIDEO GAMES HE DOES

Posted by Slade

Quoting Anethemo Rex: i played a lot but i kinda grew out of it. we all have to grow up sometime.

SHUT UP MOM!

This thread is entertaining. I think about playing video games and plan to play them a lot, but I rarely get around to it. Hah, I haven't bothered to read all the poll options yet but I'll say a few hours a week.

Oh, and about gamer age... Seriously, when you're 80 years old, incapable and slow, there's nothing you'll want more than the nearly-V.R. videogames that will probably be available. I'm planning to game hardcore if I ever end up unable to move around much.

Posted by JonMB

The older I get the less interested I am in playing video games, but I'll always enjoy some of them.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

A few times a week usually, not counting the Web RPG's I play.

Posted by wlminter

I play video games very often, at least an hour a day, Usually. Depends on what is going on. But it averages out to at least an hour a day.